PDA

View Full Version : Reloadables vs. Single Shell Tubes

BigMO
02-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Here is my opinion, for the money reloads have the best bang for the buck! What your thoughts?

PyroMike79
02-25-2011, 11:11 PM
I have never understood the value of buying a single shot tube. I realize you can get a bigger shell that way-and consequently a bigger break, but it just seems to expensive when you consider what you are really paying for. A single shot can run you $5.00-$15.00 depending on where you are buying. To take the middle ground that means you are paying $10.00 for one shell. Compare that to the $2.00/shell you might pay for something like an Excalibur shell. I have used them in the past to accent a show but they can never replace a good shell kit.

Fireworksguy
02-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Reloadables def have the best bang for the buck, but some singles are simply amazing.

PKMF
02-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Their are some very good Pre-loaded tubes out there that at reasonably prices if you can buy wholesale. I really like the #300 Reaper Shells from Big's. They are packed 12 to a case with six different effects, so two of each. Last year the also had #300 Neon HD Shells. If you pay the extra money for Pre-loads you definitely want to showcase them. For a small show I like to shoot them 2 at a time angled in a V. For a larger show I like to shoot 4 to 6 at a time spread out across a front.

fogle22
02-26-2011, 12:14 AM
For the value, reloadables. In terms of buying wholesale, you get a good reloadable canister for $1.25 - $1.50/mortar vs $3-$5/tube. If you want to light up the sky, use a 15" gun and piggy back to canisters. Doesn't have the height, but 2 - 60gm cans going off at the same time.....Yee-haw!!

PKMF
02-26-2011, 01:00 AM
If you want to light up the sky, use a 15" gun and piggy back to canisters. Doesn't have the height, but 2 - 60gm cans going off at the same time.....Yee-haw!!

It's a little dangerous shooting two sells from one mortar I would recommend getting more guns. I have piggy backed Mines and Shells but never shells on top of shells. If one shell hits the other shell look out! Critical Acclaim Mine with and Excal on top blows all mine to break shells out of the water but I don't like to do it during shows for safety reasons. Do you pull the fuse? I just coil it on top the mine and drop in the shell.

fogle22
02-26-2011, 03:44 AM
I've pulled the fuse so both shells go up at once. I prefer to cut the fuse to approx 4", then put a 1/2" piece of tape/foil at the base of the fuse to create a slight delay.

I've never had a failure or incident.

Shig357
02-26-2011, 01:39 PM
I heard a bunch of people say that most 3" single shots are fake, where they take a 2" or 2.25" shell and put it inside a 3" shell.

StormY
02-26-2011, 02:20 PM
^ Most are. But then, theres that one "special" one that comes around.

Anyways, I usually pick up a case of singles, if they're the right price. They usually break higher than reloads. But overall, I definitely prefer the shells. Few cases and you got yourself a show right there. Gives more control, variety, and just more SPC(shots per case) obviously. The singles are still nice though, usually catches the crows eye, breaking over other shells/cakes.

MizzouTiger
02-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Singles usually have a more impressive, higher, louder break. As mentioned before, they can be a really good buy if you can get em at a good wholesale price. I still prefer reloadables though. It's hard to beat a good shell kit.