PDA

View Full Version : Malta Mechanised Ground Fireworks in Zebbug - St. Philip Fireworks Factory.

Superhuan
10-03-2011, 05:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4s1-ekWABA

indianahx
10-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Even though I had a seizure just from the opener, that was a cool f'n video! I think anyone can light a fuse and send a shell in the air but the kaleidoscope-type effects were just down right ridiculous.

BTW, I remember when first posts were introductions and hellos......

Welcome to the forum!

J's12talk
10-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Welcome aboard superham!

Pyro Nation
10-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Welcome to the group... and thanks for sharing the killer video.!!!!

PyroJoeNEPA
10-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Welcome to the Forum Superhuan. Were you involved in the construction & setup of any of the Catherine Wheels shown in the video? I would love to be at the Festa San Filip to see the fireworks. The wheels are amazing examples of Mechanical Engineering & Pyrotechnics Expertise & the large Maltese multi break shells are truly breath taking!
DaVinci would be proud!! I wonder if he was a pyro enthusiast? Thanks for sharing & let us know what things are like with fireworks in Malta!

displayfireworks1
10-05-2011, 08:47 AM
I want some of the new people to the forums to notice what drives the mechanization is a spinning wheel that has rocket motor drivers. If you look closely, you will see the wheel spinning. I have seen one of these devices up close and they are available with an electric motor if you want one. My guess is the real fireworks craftsman will not use an electric motor.
Not only am I jealous of the craftsman, I am jealous of the audience. The people in that audience love it. As a pyrotechnician what better reward than to hear their chants as your project illuminates.
If I had to make a fantasy vacation list up it would have Malta during a fireworks celebration and the Greek island of Chios during an Easter celebration.