PDA

View Full Version : anyone here a member of WPA?

westcoastpyro
09-25-2011, 06:28 PM
I plan on joining this club shortly after joining the NPA. Anyone on the forum a member of this club?

indianahx
09-25-2011, 07:02 PM
I would say try searching wpa club....I went through a few results and eldrigejoe is one of them (hope he doesn't mind me throwing that out there). Just give the search a thorough look, I'm sure there are others besides him.

kitsune
09-28-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm a member. Coincidentally, I've been thinking about joining the NPA... But I'm waiting to see if there are any events I'm going to be able to attend up there.

westcoastpyro
09-28-2011, 09:57 PM
I will be sending my app in for npa on Friday. It looks like you guys have some great events, I'm looking forward to the wwb event in Feb. Have you been to it? Next month I will send in the paper work to join the wpa.

kitsune
09-29-2011, 07:24 PM
I haven't been to WWB yet (I sent my membership in June and heard back from them in July), and I probably won't be able to make it this year because I have somewhere else I'm supposed to be that weekend.

I did just get back from DoIt (in Hawthorne), and I had a great time there. I learned to fuse some things, shot Class B shells for the first time (5" from Wizard and Yung Fang), built and shot some mines, and build and shot my first 4" shells. Definitely a good group. As something of an advanced beginner, I found no shortage of people willing to take me in, give me a hand, and show me the ropes. From what I understand, WWB is a little more hectic... Since are more people attending (I heard coming and going can be a little more of a hassle, and that the lines are more crowded as far as shooting is concerned). But the trade-off is that you have an extra day, and more vendors attending (though I have nothing but good things to say about the folks at Flying Phoenix and would make a point to buy from them if I was headed to WWB). Personally, I kind of prefer the smaller event (since I really want to be more focused on manufacturing), and Hawthorne is only a few hours drive from where I live (I have no idea how I would get to Havasu without having to drive at least 2 hours, and that's on top of flying to the nearest airport).

westcoastpyro
09-30-2011, 11:51 PM
Just got into NPA next on the list is a fireing system after that the WPA and WWB.

Xtreme Pyro
10-01-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm a member of the WPA, it's a very nice club to belong too. Do-It in hawthorne was alot of fun. :cool:

californiapyro
10-01-2011, 04:28 PM
yes, I'm a member. it's a great club, and I much prefer Do-It to WWB. WWB is crowded to say the least, but still fun :)

westcoastpyro
10-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Kitsune,
Now is a great time to join the NPA we have 93 members and growing. At this point in the growth of any club you can have alot to do with how things are planes.