PDA

View Full Version : Factory Busted in ITALY DiBlassio Ello Cobra Crackers

PyroJoeNEPA
11-14-2018, 09:14 PM
https://www.facebook.com/IlMeridianoNews/videos/2162374200748525/UzpfSTE0Mjg2NzYzOTA3NTg2NjoyMzY1MTg2MTIwMTc3MzI5/

RalphieJ
11-14-2018, 10:10 PM
Looks like their last envelope wasn't fat enough.

displayfireworks1
11-15-2018, 07:24 PM
The start of that video looked like something I would make. LOL Its like , wait I'll signal you to get the cars pulling up. Note the blank tubes with blue caps. I have seen a few of these other large firecrackers other than the Cobra, they all seem to start out with that same blank tube and blue cap. Very simple design, just pull the blue cap and put some powder in. It looks like the are also adding some sulfur to the mix. Great find on that video. I believe these are legally made in a part of Italy be Deblasio Elio legally. Not sure what this operation is about.

PyroJoeNEPA
11-15-2018, 09:27 PM
Dave--here is a translation of a newspaper article from Italy about the bust. They were operating illegally in a residential area ---with two schools nearby...Some of the translation is a little skewed.
Also, notice in the article it says "750 kilograms of black powder"--but you can clearly see the bags of Perchlorate and drums of Aluminum as well as all the composition mixed on the tables.

MACERATA CAMPANIA - In the afternoon of yesterday, the Marcianise Company soldiers broke into a building in the
urban center of the town of Macerata Campania where they surprised n. 7 subjects (of which 1 minor) intent to
carry out the activity of manufacturing explosives in the absence of any authorization and in contempt of the most
basic forms of security.
Seized the entire building and the van used for transport, over 750 kilograms of black powder and other explosives
precursors, 50 thousand between containers and other pieces ready for assembly, 300 thousand labels,
700 kilograms (about 10 thousand pieces) pyrotechnic artifices already packed, ready to be placed on the black market
and 40 thousand semi-finished artifices.
The machinery was also found in the premises, including scales, a manual press, a hydraulic press and a labeller.
Arrested and placed under house arrest the 6 adults found intent to work and reported a minor at free time.
Waiting for the amount of exploding material found and the danger of the site, the whole area was plowed
until the early hours of dawn when they started the operations of securing and reclamation of the building,
in collaboration with the local firearms of the Provincial Command of the Arma dei Carabinieri, promptly
intervened. As a precautionary measure and to ensure the safety of the surrounding area, the Mayor of
Macerata Campania was interested in the closure of the two school complexes located in the immediate vicinity
of the seized building.
================================================== =========================================
Something to take note of: I recently acquired one of these Cobra Crackers--I will post pics below.
The Date code on it is 2014--it is marked 1.1g UN 0331 and place of manufacture is "Teramo Italy'.

Teramo is a city in the Italian region of Abruzzo, the capital of the province of Teramo.
The city, 150 kilometres from Rome, is situated between the highest mountains of the Apennines and the Adriatic coast.

The "factory" that was busted was in Macerata Campania--an entirely different region.

Macerata Campania is in the Province of Caserta in the Italian region Campania, located about
25 kilometres north of Naples and about 6 kilometres west of Caserta.

So I am wondering if these were legitimate DiBlaso Elio Cobra crackers--or counterfeits? Too bad we couldn't see what the labels say.
Since the one I have was made in 2014 it is possible the production was moved to another location. Lots of questions!
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3691&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3692&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3693&stc=1

displayfireworks1
11-16-2018, 11:11 AM
Would be great to hear from someone in Italy to explain the sale and legal manufacturer of these Cobras. They should do like the ATF does and investigate who makes the tubes. Sort of like her in USA where I see those barber shop looking tubes on illegal crackers.

RalphieJ
11-18-2018, 04:01 PM
I had to chuckle at those difficult-to-believe, astronomical numbers when I read the news report. Apparently the multiplication of seized items by a X-factor is universal in law enforcement. It reminded me of a local fireworks bust of a station-wagon load fireworks back in the '70's. The troopers valued the goods at $5,000. Back then it would have been difficult to jam $500 worth of fireworks into a station wagon. Believe me, I tried back then, and it's not possible. LOL.