PDA

View Full Version : Wiseguy Firecrackers

displayfireworks1
11-03-2018, 07:32 PM
I was looking over some of my firecrackers and saw this Wiseguy firecracker pack. They look to be 2 inch crackers. Anyone know the history of them. I'm thinking they were sold at the PGI convention years back, but I do not know.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3577&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3578&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3579&stc=1

leftiluci
11-04-2018, 11:45 AM
these are very good crackers. only drawback is a very short fuse. the first run of these had a white cracker wrapper with polish writing that was rolled inside out. and they are not strung together, probably because of their power.

displayfireworks1
11-05-2018, 07:46 PM
At Leftiluci, I'm curious, are these the Polish firecrackers you are referencing with the white paper wrapping? Someone that follows my videos gave these to me years back at the ,Conduit for Illegal Fireworks Activity (AKA PGI Convention).
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3661&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3662&stc=1
This wrapping sure looks inside out. LOL

halk
11-05-2018, 09:58 PM
First ones were great. Had foreign labels wrapped face down. Later ones without that wrap are poor.

cptnding
11-05-2018, 10:28 PM
,Conduit for Illegal Fireworks Activity (AKA PGI Convention).

Why the animosity with the PGI? I guess they really pissed you off at some point but damn! Seems a little harsh to suggest that they are basically organized crime. To me they seem to be more centered on manufacturing than anything else.

displayfireworks1
11-06-2018, 07:54 PM
At cptnding . That is what the ATF called it. I always like how it sounded. Problem is, it does not make a good Acronym. CIFA, see it doesn't sound right. Once the ATF put that label on the PGI they needed to fire the entire Safety and Security leadership, and last I heard they did not. One of the Safety and Security jobs was to stop me with the camera. Gee I wonder why? That organization almost went full corrupt if it was not for the Steinberg/ Smith election win. Once they took over, they should have replaced the leadership in Safety and Security but they did not. They are a few names that need to get out of that Safety leadership role and one of them is a female and the other one has the same name as his brother does.
At Leftiluci, is the firecracker I have pictured the one your were referencing?

leftiluci
11-06-2018, 08:29 PM
i would say yes if memory serves correctly. where is cb when you need him?

PGH_Pyro
11-07-2018, 09:14 PM
i think this is a different kind of flash. nitrate flash or etc.
chemist45 is the guy to ask about these crackers.

dchambers490
11-07-2018, 09:32 PM
I disagree with Halk as the wiseguy crackers are good shooters. They were imported by Starr Fireworks in Horace North Dakota who import the wiseguy brand. You don't see many U.N 0336 items like the wiseguy crackers. I think they are long out of production but you do see them at swap meets.

displayfireworks1
11-08-2018, 01:20 PM
Next opportunity I get I'm lighting off all these firecrackers I have pictured. I'll try to video of it.

PGH_Pyro
11-08-2018, 01:44 PM
yeah they aren't particularly loud or anything.
just a unique package/wrapping with the backwards Polish language wording...

RalphieJ
11-08-2018, 09:46 PM
yeah they aren't particularly loud or anything.
just a unique package/wrapping with the backwards Polish language wording...

And the unequal lengths.......ahahahaha.....

halk
11-08-2018, 11:06 PM
First ones I saw were in 2010. There were three types and came from Victory in WI. All 60mm (2 3/8").
1. crackers with MVL (Mercurius, Lijnden, Netherlands) labels applied upside down. Packs not barcoded)
2. crackers with Wolff Vuurwerk (Twello, Netherlands) labels applied printed side up. Packs not barcoded)
3. crackers with Xtreme Corsair Netherlands?) labels applied upside down. Packs not barcoded)
Was the latter type that didn't seem as loud.
I'd like to get a pack with the Polish company labels on them and have earlier ones to trade.
Of course Wise Guy had other brands such as Bada Bang!, Belts of Dynamite, and Big Splash.

displayfireworks1
11-13-2018, 08:01 PM
I find it amusing the Polish firecracker label is on backwards. Sounds like an old Polish joke from back in the day. What was the rationale for placing the label on backwards? Unless they were made in China and thought they were placing it on correctly.

halk
11-13-2018, 09:02 PM
So were most of the Netherlands ones. My guess is that they didn't say Wise Guy on them and didn't want any European country drawn into any litigation over importing product into the US.

countryboy7978
11-18-2018, 12:51 PM
I don’t think any of the Wise Guy crackers were Polish language wraps. They were from the Netherlands like Hal said. I had a case from the very first batch that came in. The fuses were short but due to the plug they gave plenty of time to get rid of them after lighting. The later ones were red paper and varied in performance. I heard there was supposed to be a logo shell wrap but I have yet to see one like that. They significantly increased in price since 2010.

halk
11-18-2018, 08:53 PM
The visco microfuse, not the plug, is what makes them so safe. Still think the red paper ones were not as good as those made for the Netherlands market. I've not seen a logo wrap either.