PDA

View Full Version : Quick Match Delay Video

displayfireworks1
09-22-2011, 09:24 PM
This is currently an unlisted video on my youtube channel. This is from my most recent visit to The Little Big Shots fireworks facility located in Pennsylvania. Many of you will recognize Albert the owner of the company from the television show “Dirty Jobs”. The Crackerjacks organization usually has an annual meeting at his facility. Albert gave me full access to his facility and allowed me to tag along as he did a fireworks display on the same day we were there. I expect to post more great video soon. In this video we will see Albert demonstrating a technique used to slow down quick match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trELugiODT4

Unclesam87
09-22-2011, 10:45 PM
IT's AL.!!

Pyro Nation
09-23-2011, 03:00 AM
Very interesting.. I actually never thought about tying it to do that... Just thought about the firing system and over looked that.... but if low on firing system space this can come in handy... Thanks Dave

dragonhaert
09-23-2011, 03:10 AM
You can also us Pyroclocks. They exist in different delay times.

indianahx
09-23-2011, 05:38 AM
That was a pretty badass technique

Pyro Nation
09-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Pyroclocks???? dont think i ever heard of those

PyroJoeNEPA
09-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Pyroclocks???? dont think i ever heard of those
They are commercially made time delay inserts in different delay times from 1 to 5 seconds made to insert in series with the quick match.

displayfireworks1
09-23-2011, 08:42 PM
De PYROCLOCK apparaat nooit leek aan te slaan in de Verenigde Staten om het beste van mijn kennis. Dat kan voor een van de weinige redenen. In het tijdperk van computer gestuurde schermen door de grotere vuurwerk bedrijven die dit kan hebben zeer beperkt gebruik. Het lijkt eigenlijk heel ingewikkeld en tijdrovend om te gebruiken. Het was ook slecht de markt gebracht. Het kan echter populair zijn in gebieden buiten de Verenigde Staten.
De PYROCLOCK tot op zekere hoogte is het raken van op een terrein van vuurwerk dat moet aangepakt. Dat is de snelheid van een standaard commercieel gemaakt 1,3 finale keten van schelpen. Op dit moment wanneer je 1,3 finale keten vuurwerk product koopt ze gebruiken allemaal snelle match die brandt op dezelfde basis snelheid. Op sommige momenten is er een noodzaak om verschillende tarieven van burn snelheid hebben in de finale keten. Een voorbeeld hiervan zou een keten van Brocade schelpen worden.
Meestal doe ik het niet eens met het bevorderen van pyrotechnische producten die niet adverteerders pyrotalk maar ik zal deze video link voor degenen die niet bekend met het PYROCLOCK product

The PYROCLOCK device never seemed to catch on in United States to the best of my knowledge. That may be for one of a few reasons. In the age of computer controlled displays by the larger fireworks companies this may have very limited use. It actually appears very complex and time consuming to use. It was also poorly marketed. It may however be popular in areas outside of United States.
The PYROCLOCK to some degree is hitting on an area of pyrotechnics that needs addressed. That is the speed of a standard commercially made 1.3 finale chain of shells. Currently when you purchase 1.3 finale chain fireworks product they all use quick match that burns at the same basic speed. At times, there is a need to have different rates of burn speed in the finale chain. An example of this would be a chain of Brocade shells.
I usually do not endorse promoting pyrotechnic products that are non advertisers to pyrotalk but I will include this video link for those unfamiliar with the PYROCLOCK product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qsVWG3n1p0&feature=related

Palermitano2
09-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Has anyone tried this method with the Bigs Fast fuse?.......Just curious...

Pyro Nation
09-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the video Dave.......

BAJohn1954
09-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks Dave, another helpful tip. I hope to get back into doing displays. It never leaves your blood.

tgis81
09-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Has anyone tried this method with the Bigs Fast fuse?.......Just curious...

I would think the "fast fuse" (NOT talking about quickmatch here) may have a chance of breaking. I know that the fuse inside the fast fuse are thinner and I think they are less in number as well (I think there are 3 of the fast gray "firecracker" type fuse inside the fast fuse by Bigs), when compared to your regular quickmatch. However, maybe my initial thoughts are wrong. I would like to see a video of the results if someone does try it.

indianahx
09-24-2011, 08:19 PM
I would think the "fast fuse" (NOT talking about quickmatch here) may have a chance of breaking. I know that the fuse inside the fast fuse are thinner and I think they are less in number as well (I think there are 3 of the fast gray "firecracker" type fuse inside the fast fuse by Bigs), when compared to your regular quickmatch. However, maybe my initial thoughts are wrong. I would like to see a video of the results if someone does try it.

I was actually going to say the same thing. I thought about posing that question but the consumer fast fuse seems to be pretty brittle if you try to bend it at an extreme angle. Or maybe its just the batch I had.

You'd also have to consider that the fast fuse has no protection from embers so you would have to use some sort of barrier there as well like tape or foil or even Kraft tubes......but that seems a little time consuming for me to even bother messing with.

I too would like to see a vid if someone tries it out. I'm all out of fast fuse otherwise I would have....

indianahx
09-24-2011, 08:26 PM
De PYROCLOCK apparaat nooit leek aan te slaan in de Verenigde Staten om het beste van mijn kennis. Dat kan voor een van de weinige redenen. In het tijdperk van computer gestuurde schermen door de grotere vuurwerk bedrijven die dit kan hebben zeer beperkt gebruik. Het lijkt eigenlijk heel ingewikkeld en tijdrovend om te gebruiken. Het was ook slecht de markt gebracht. Het kan echter populair zijn in gebieden buiten de Verenigde Staten.
De PYROCLOCK tot op zekere hoogte is het raken van op een terrein van vuurwerk dat moet aangepakt. Dat is de snelheid van een standaard commercieel gemaakt 1,3 finale keten van schelpen. Op dit moment wanneer je 1,3 finale keten vuurwerk product koopt ze gebruiken allemaal snelle match die brandt op dezelfde basis snelheid. Op sommige momenten is er een noodzaak om verschillende tarieven van burn snelheid hebben in de finale keten. Een voorbeeld hiervan zou een keten van Brocade schelpen worden.
Meestal doe ik het niet eens met het bevorderen van pyrotechnische producten die niet adverteerders pyrotalk maar ik zal deze video link voor degenen die niet bekend met het PYROCLOCK product

The PYROCLOCK device never seemed to catch on in United States to the best of my knowledge. That may be for one of a few reasons. In the age of computer controlled displays by the larger fireworks companies this may have very limited use. It actually appears very complex and time consuming to use. It was also poorly marketed. It may however be popular in areas outside of United States.
The PYROCLOCK to some degree is hitting on an area of pyrotechnics that needs addressed. That is the speed of a standard commercially made 1.3 finale chain of shells. Currently when you purchase 1.3 finale chain fireworks product they all use quick match that burns at the same basic speed. At times, there is a need to have different rates of burn speed in the finale chain. An example of this would be a chain of Brocade shells.
I usually do not endorse promoting pyrotechnic products that are non advertisers to pyrotalk but I will include this video link for those unfamiliar with the PYROCLOCK product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qsVWG3n1p0&feature=related

That was awesome footage and demo. I could definitely see where that would come in handy if you didn't have 10k wrapped up in firing systems and numerous cues

nrubmx
09-25-2011, 03:37 PM
woow! that so great! cool idea