PDA

View Full Version : Titunam salute thread biggest baddest loudest...

Unclesam87
09-21-2011, 11:37 PM
hello everyone i decide to post a new thread about tituanm salutes. since there prolly my favorite type of firework.. ive done my study on them and found out that they have many different shapes and sizes the most recent one i like now is made by littile big shots.. there is also a company oversease called pyro Pyrotechnoigle's that is made in europe the largest salute they make is 6" shell the salutes that i like are ones that make a echo like thunder feel free to put pics and or videos of your favorite salutes too i will post up the video of the gaint salute hope it shows it fullscreen if you notice in the video it makes a nice crisp thunder noise that can be heard echoing thru the valley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=TXZvtRZAQJw

Pyro Nation
09-22-2011, 02:29 AM
The video doesnt do that any justice .... you can just tell

indianahx
09-22-2011, 06:00 AM
Yep....can't tell. A problem I think you'll run into with the bigger shells, Dave comes across some salutes that are being hand fired with some shells and they go so high that they arent as effective.

shellshocker
09-22-2011, 07:15 AM
That's what LBS is famous for. Probably the best salutes you will ever find.

Unclesam87
09-22-2011, 11:31 AM
im sure a 5 ultra is all i need i dont think anything over that will have a big effect there are a couple 8" ones on youtube that had a nice pop to them but i think the bigger the salute shell the more $$ wasted cause im sure theres a point when it only gets so loud and everything equal its self out...

PyroJoeNEPA
09-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Ditto on LBS having perfected the art of salutes. Kudos to Albert!

nrubmx
09-22-2011, 04:34 PM
my favorite salutes are those dark salutes that daves friend put in some of his rockets, now those are sweet

Unclesam87
09-22-2011, 05:55 PM
what i would love to do is make a Volley of ULTRA 5 inch salutes out in a open field with hills sournding it Mmmmm that would be nice ;) pretty sure it would echo forever lol...

Matt
09-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Join the PGI and go to the 2013 convention. You will see plenty of ultras.

Unclesam87
09-22-2011, 06:33 PM
wish i could afford it.. do you mean something like this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=c6ad6ASDD-s

2009 pgi shoot. dont know how many salutes were there but sounds amazing..

Matt
09-22-2011, 06:58 PM
wish i could afford it.. do you mean something like this?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=c6ad6ASDD-s 2009 pgi shoot. dont know how many salutes were there but sounds amazing..

There were 100 long body salutes in that last volley of shells. Those were Dr. X.

I guess you will just have to wait for video in 2 years to find out what happens.

Unclesam87
09-22-2011, 08:39 PM
darn Doh...

Palermitano2
09-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Judging by the reaction it must have been impressive in person...

Unclesam87
09-22-2011, 10:13 PM
i wonder if it was near 200db? what did they say was limit on db noise ive been hearing mixed things about it?

Blackdevil77
09-23-2011, 06:44 AM
i wonder if it was near 200db? what did they say was limit on db noise ive been hearing mixed things about it?

Wouldn't 200db destroy your ears instantly?

PyroJoeNEPA
09-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Wouldn't 200db destroy your ears instantly?

Here is an interesting reference chart of Decibel levels:
http://www.makeitlouder.com/Decibel%20Level%20Chart.txt
Note that at 127 db Tinnitus begins [ear damage]. I've done sound for rock concerts that were at 123db at the house mixing position about 100 feet away from the speaker stacks--unbearable!!! But I had Norton Sonic ear plugs in. ONE TON of TNT will produce 175db 250 feet away. 200 db is FATAL!
I wish I would have brought my SPL meter [db meter] when we shot the 366 Ti salutes at Kellners last April. That was probably 107-110db under them & around 103-104db back at the spectator line and they were the little 1.75" salutes.
We shot some of the LBS 5" Salutes this last July & they really have a thump to them. Don't think I want to be on the firing line under them to measure the db though---

Blackdevil77
09-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Very interesting read! Unfortunately, I have tinnitus, and I'm only 21 years old :( My ears ring constantly and ring loudly to sounds not very loud. Some frequencies kill me lol. Too much loud stuff when I was young lol.

I have experienced sound levels to the point where you feel it in your throat. Feel a lot of anxiety to.

Palermitano2
09-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Very interesting read! Unfortunately, I have tinnitus, and I'm only 21 years old :( My ears ring constantly and ring loudly to sounds not very loud. Some frequencies kill me lol. Too much loud stuff when I was young lol.

I have experienced sound levels to the point where you feel it in your throat. Feel a lot of anxiety to.

Dude I feel for you Mine was Real bad I got it after a 45 minute shoot I did without earplugs.It happened a year ago now I have learned to tolorate it muscle relaxers help....

Blackdevil77
09-25-2011, 02:23 AM
Dude I feel for you Mine was Real bad I got it after a 45 minute shoot I did without earplugs.It happened a year ago now I have learned to tolorate it muscle relaxers help....

ouch! I would have to wear ear plugs for shoots. I'd take them out for the finale though lol. I can't imagine a 45 minute hand lit show without ear plugs! The scary thing is after a while you get used to it and it doesn't seem as loud. Until everything gets quiet, then you realize how loud it was lol

Palermitano2
09-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Best part about it I wasnt in the field I was part of the setup. Because their were so many cakes myself and another gentleman stood off to the side with fire extinguishers in case the cakes caught fire. which ended up good because about 10 of them did. I was close enough i guess...

Blackdevil77
09-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Best part about it I wasnt in the field I was part of the setup. Because their were so many cakes myself and another gentleman stood off to the side with fire extinguishers in case the cakes caught fire. which ended up good because about 10 of them did. I was close enough i guess...

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for sharing this, you probably just saved the rest of my hearing. Because of this, I'm gonna make sure to have some good hearing protection at shoots.

Palermitano2
09-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for sharing this, you probably just saved the rest of my hearing. Because of this, I'm gonna make sure to have some good hearing protection at shoots.

Thats great Glad I could help..Here is another one for ya....I helped with a shoot on labor day during the set up I put my safety glasses on..One of the actual shooters was making fun of me....he went into my tool box and put a pair on as a joke... lucky for him he forgot them on.. During the opener we had a flowerpot something flew in his face and left a burn Mark on the Glasses.. after the shoot he apologized and thanked me for inspiring safety on the shoot sight.

Blackdevil77
09-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Thats great Glad I could help..Here is another one for ya....I helped with a shoot on labor day during the set up I put my safety glasses on..One of the actual shooters was making fun of me....he went into my tool box and put a pair on as a joke... lucky for him he forgot them on.. During the opener we had a flowerpot something flew in his face and left a burn Mark on the Glasses.. after the shoot he apologized and thanked me for inspiring safety on the shoot sight.

WOW! He should be bowing down to you lol. When it comes to this stuff, you really can't brush these things off to the side. If something goes wrong, it could be pretty devastating and life changing. I guess you can't be too careful.

Palermitano2
09-25-2011, 08:36 PM
I ve seen first hand what can go wrong when you dont expect it to. better safe then sorry. you will look stupid if an accident happens and it could have peen prevented.