PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Fire Timing

Rick_In_Tampa
06-13-2018, 11:30 AM
I've got a boatload of SO76 flame effects (1 sec, 15 sec, and 30 sec) that I'm going to need to use talons with. I also have 3 cases of the SO76 candle barrage that's all visco. How much pre-fire time is enough to get them to fire when I need them to fire? Right now I have everything connected to a talon at 2 seconds. Is that enough, or should I bump it up to 3 or even 4?

3 Fingers
06-13-2018, 09:30 PM
Assuming you are placing the talon as close as possible to the item, I think 2 seconds sounds close. I think the pre-fire time in Show Creator for talons is 2 seconds isn't it? Maybe if you have enough product/talons you can do a test and time it out?

Rick_In_Tampa
06-14-2018, 12:37 AM
When the Cobra is in "talon mode" it fires for 2 seconds vice the .1 sec for e-match. I think that's what you're thinking of when you mention the pre-fire time in Show Creator. To my knowledge there is no 2 sec default in Show Creator for talon pre-fire. It's just a manual entry based on how long you think it's going to take to light the visco and launch the effect.

Berserker23
06-14-2018, 01:10 AM
If it has a fuse why not cut the fuse short and put the fuse in the ematch shroud and tape it up that’s what I do I don’t have much luck with the talons

Rick_In_Tampa
06-14-2018, 01:58 AM
Not tracking what you're saying Berzerker23. The flame effects I'm talking about don't have an e-match shroud. I wish they did so I didn't have to use talons.

Someone gave me a tip on how to replace the visco with an initiator. I'm going to run a test on that this weekend. If it works as advertised I'll replace as many as I can before the 4th.

Hard to believe we have less than 3 weeks to go!

Berserker23
06-14-2018, 04:12 AM
If it has a visco fuse cut the fuse just a little bit and slip the visco fuse into the initiator and tape it up or you could do this https://youtu.be/Pw_OpxkReas

Rick_In_Tampa
06-14-2018, 04:53 AM
If it has a visco fuse cut the fuse just a little bit and slip the visco fuse into the initiator and tape it up or you could do this https://youtu.be/Pw_OpxkReas

Oh, crap. Yeah. Now I get what you 're saying. That's how I fused my mortar crates last year. Worked well.