PDA

View Full Version : Ematch Strobes

3 Fingers
05-31-2018, 11:30 PM
The strobes I got from 76 have fuse. How are you guys ematching them?
Can you remove the fuse and stick a match in like other items?

Jay_
06-01-2018, 12:35 AM
I tested one this weekend.

All I did was cut the paper stuff off of the top to expose the entire top of strobe. There is some slurry looking stuff up at the top that the fuse goes in. I guess that's some kind of black powder/epoxy of some sort. Anyway, I just pulled the shroud back on the firewire to expose the match, and taped it in direct contact with the slurry. Its not completely instant strobe, you get a little flame and then it starts strobing but it does work.

I think I watched a video a while back to get the idea on how to do it.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-01-2018, 08:21 AM
What Jay said above is indeed how you do it.
Be sure to put a piece of tape on the side of the strobe to hold the ematch/ignitor in place & take the pressure off of fastening it to the top. Use a small piece of tape on top to hold the head of the ignitor on top of the black powder slurry where the fuse is attached.
Dominator strobes are done exactly the same way.

displayfireworks1
06-01-2018, 01:20 PM
I have a video how to do this with matching strobes. I'll try to find it. It's very easy to do

3 Fingers
06-01-2018, 06:23 PM
I have a video how to do this with matching strobes. I'll try to find it. It's very easy to do

Thanks Dave I just found your video on this. I never realized that black stuff on top of strobes is the same thing you see on the tips of some cake/shell fuses.

displayfireworks1
06-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Here is the video for those that need to know. I cover this in my AP Certificate cont ed program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D0sdJPJ5Ic