PDA

View Full Version : Talons or e-match on mortar racks?

Jay_
05-22-2018, 03:26 PM
Guys,

What is more reliable for firing fused mortar racks? Are talons or e-match the better choice? Does it depend on the fuse?

Thanks in advance

Berserker23
05-28-2018, 05:28 PM
I would use Ematch or MJG Firewire Initiator

Mattp
05-29-2018, 06:43 AM
Guys,

What is more reliable for firing fused mortar racks? Are talons or e-match the better choice? Does it depend on the fuse?

Thanks in advance

Depends who you ask.. alot of guys like the talons because theyre simpler.. you just clip them on.. and on cakes you can clip them right at the base for a better timing .. for mortar racks.. personally i dont see the difference what you use.. they will both work equally well.. but it may depend on how many per cue you would like to use.. pretty sure you can put more initiators in series than talons in parallel

Jay_
05-29-2018, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

I will be sending most of my shells up directly on the wire for instant ignition.

Reliability is the concern on shooting the fused racks though. They do not have to be necessary precisely timed, but I do want to swing and miss with my ignition in them if possible.

I have talons, MJG’s, and e-match...just want to make sure that I’m using the most reliable one for lighting fuse when I make up my fused mortar racks.

Mattp
05-29-2018, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

I will be sending most of my shells up directly on the wire for instant ignition.

Reliability is the concern on shooting the fused racks though. They do not have to be necessary precisely timed, but I do want to swing and miss with my ignition in them if possible.

I have talons, MJG’s, and e-match...just want to make sure that I’m using the most reliable one for lighting fuse when I make up my fused mortar racks.

Than i would have to say ematch.. although ive never had a fail with talon or mjg.. (yet).. but from what ive read on here and heard out there.. ematch is the wasy to go as far as reliability