PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 liscnese for missouri & atf type 54

Unclesam87
09-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Hello everyone i have a few qeustions about getting liscensed in the state of Missouri im in the process of getting one and a type 54 permit and i also bought dave's video yesterday to help me get it im excited to watch it. OK here goes.. i have contacted all of the fireworks company that sells and shoots 1.3 display fireworks majortiy of the time they dont awsner or they do and dont give the awsner i was looking for i did contact dpfs and they helped me out a liitle. I also did talk with the asstiant fire cheif at my local fire deparment pretty much dead end there. my question is once i take the traning course that the fireworks company provides will i be able to take the test for a 1.3 shooter liscense and a be able to get a type 54 permit?? cuase i would like to have both if there is such a thing.???? i have met all the requrments for the liscense and have a spotless background. and all of the companys are state fire marshell approved. Im ready to take the state test just need to know what company i should go to any help is much appercaited.!!!

indianahx
09-14-2011, 08:58 PM
i know nothing of MO's regulations, but it sounds like a lot more credentials are needed to obtain and shoot 1.3g fireworks. good luck in your quest. the type 54 is easy to obtain. it sounds a lot more difficult and involved than it really is. just watch the vids and do what they suggest.

Unclesam87
09-14-2011, 09:26 PM
thanks ya Mo is pretty strict on the fireworks regulations.

displayfireworks1
09-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Remember no matter how strict the fireworks regulations are in your state, the “State” cannot stop you from obtaining a federal license to purchase 1.3 fireworks. My advice to you would be not to worry about steps B and C. First, just concentrate on step A and get the license. Once you obtain the license, it sometimes makes the other steps easier.

Unclesam87
09-17-2011, 12:46 AM
thank you!! i got regstired to take the saftey class had to pay 40$ its free if you stay late and watch the show which i will prolly end up doing. im pretty excited about getting my liscense. i have the Nfpa 1123 book that i have been studying from for a littile bit.. i blieve they said testing for the liscnese is the third saturday of every month once i take the saftey course im gonna register and take the test . How hard is the test.? they said its 50question's open book.?? but have no clue on how they word the test.?

Unclesam87
09-19-2011, 01:28 AM
update: class starts in spring/summer 2012 went to local sheriffs office for fingerprints getting most of the hardstuff out of the way now just have to wait for the test and filling out my atf 54 form

Unclesam87
09-20-2011, 02:09 AM
here is mo rules for being licnesed after you take the saftey course thought i would post it up for some good fyi..

MISSOURI Liscnsese Requirements:

Submit a completed Application for Licensed Operator/Pyrotechnic Operator License";
Applicant must be at least 21 years of age;
Have successfully completed a display and/or proximate training course approved by the State Fire Marshal;
Successfully pass an examination administered by the Missouri Division of Fire Safety;
Provide documentation affirming active participation in the performance of at least three display or proximate fireworks shows within the past 24 months; If applying for both a licensed operator (outdoor) and pryotechnic operator license (indoor and/or outdoor) documentation of six displays (three outdoor and three indoor) are required;
Applicant shall not have pleaded guilty to a felony or been convicted of a felony;
Copy of US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives permit/license verifying compliance with applicable federal laws relating to possession, sales, storage or use of display and/or proximate fireworks if applicable;
Copy of a valid state driver's license or state ID card;
Provide two passport type photographs;
A check or money order, or bank draft in the amount of $100.00 (US) payable to the Missouri Division of Fire Safety.
A special display permit can not be issued until a licensed operator (http://www.dfs.dps.mo.gov/dfsfwoperators.htm) is identified.
Permits for display (outdoor) or proximate (indoor and/or outdoor) fireworks may be granted to municipalities, fair associations, amusement parks, organizations, persons, firms or corporations. Such permits may be granted upon application and approval by the State Fire Marshal or local fire service authorities of the community where the display is proposed to be held.