PDA

View Full Version : formulas and technical pyrotechnics

jopetes
09-13-2011, 06:26 AM
Pyroaficionado am Spanish but I've left and want to share my knowledge and research fruits of hard work, experimentation and passion for this art. I have developed a fairly complete manual with formulas fully professional, better than some fireworks that I know, tested, balanced color purity, stability, combustion time, brightness and also compatible for manufacture on an industrial scale in cost and this is regarded much at the time of manufacture. On the internet always come the same formulas, some of them are not bad and have good color but in practice are not economic, they have stability problems and catch fire very badly, as an experiment are OK but nothing more.
I do not mean by this that my formulas are the best, ok?
The Forum program will not let me attach the file formulas. I can i send the archive for email in pdf. this is my mail: jopetes@terra.es

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=gmail&attid=0.1&thid=1325ff5edcaa09c0&mt=application/pdf&url=https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui%3D2%26ik%3D33e882b6dd%26view%3Datt%26th%3D1325 ff5edcaa09c0%26attid%3D0.1%26disp%3Dsafe%26zw&sig=AHIEtbQ0FnGpaOfsRqmYYPKNBibT-D_9Ng

displayfireworks1
09-13-2011, 10:02 AM
I am going to try to help things along with this post. The person that posted the fireworks formula link is from Spain. If you follow the link, you will see all of the fireworks formulas are in Spanish. This is the beauty of having an international fireworks website. However, of course it also presents some interesting challenges because of the language differences. Luckily, we have sites such as google translate to help us along. I am also asking if one of the registered members of pyrotalk.com has some expertise in translation software to help the rest of us. Is there a way to get this link that he provided and translate it into English and repost it. Or translate it into any language someone may request. If you are able to do so please post it.

Thank you displayfireworks1 pyrotalk.com

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=gmail&attid=0.1&thid=1325ff5edcaa09c0&mt=application/pdf&url=https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui%3D2%26ik%3D33e882b6dd%26view%3Datt%26th%3D1325 ff5edcaa09c0%26attid%3D0.1%26disp%3Dsafe%26zw&sig=AHIEtbQ0FnGpaOfsRqmYYPKNBibT-D_9Ng

Voy a tratar de facilitar las cosas con este post. La persona que envió el enlace de la fórmula de fuegos artificiales es de España. Si sigues el enlace, podrás ver todas las fórmulas de los fuegos artificiales son en español. Esta es la belleza de tener un sitio web internacional de fuegos artificiales. Sin embargo, por supuesto, también presenta algunos retos interesantes debido a las diferencias lingüísticas. Afortunadamente, tenemos sitio como traductor Google para que nos ayuden a lo largo. También estoy preguntando si uno de los miembros de reregistered pyrotalk.com tiene cierta experiencia en software de traducción para ayudar al resto de nosotros. ¿Hay una manera de conseguir este enlace que proporciona y traducirlo en Inglés y renovar la misma. O traducirla en cualquier otra lengua puede pedir. Si usted es capaz de hacerlo, por favor, publicarlo.

Gracias displayfireworks1 pyrotalk.com

jopetes
09-16-2011, 02:57 PM
I do not understand that serve the docs.Sorry, I have few computer skills. some members of this or other forums have been in touch with me and I have already sent the file without problems.

displayfireworks1
09-16-2011, 09:41 PM
He añadido el enlace a su cargo y que son capaces de ver el libro de la fórmula que usted tiene. Está escrito en español. Algunas personas en los foros puede ser capaz de leerlo. Tengo la esperanza de encontrar a alguien que sea capaz de traducir al Inglés y otros idiomas. Yo animaría a cualquier persona de cualquier país para publicar la fórmula de fuegos artificiales a los foros en el idioma que desee. Doy la bienvenida a todos los países y lenguas. Puesto que usted ha acaba de publicar que por favor nos da un tiempo para revisar y traducir. Si el material fue escrito por el que parece que pasó mucho tiempo por lo que es. ¿Tiene experiencia en fabricación de fuegos artificiales en España? ¿Trabajó para una compañía de fuegos artificiales? Los fuegos artificiales bellos de España se conoce en todo el mundo. Debido a que admitir que tiene pocas habilidades equipo, ¿podemos asumir que son mayores y, posiblemente, se retiró de la fabricación de fuegos artificiales. Por favor, ¿puede decirnos acerca de su historia y su experiencia con fuegos artificiales. Si es más fácil para que usted escriba en español por favor lo hagan. No es necesario para que usted escriba en Inglés. La gente en el foro pueden ayudar a traducir lo que nos dicen.

I added the link to your post and we are able to see the book of formula you have. It is written in Spanish. Some people on the forums may be able to read it. I am hoping to find someone that will be able to translate it to English and other languages. I would encourage anyone from any country to post fireworks formula to the forums in any language they want. I welcome all countries and languages. Since you have just posted it please give us some time to review it and translate it. If the material was written by you it looks like you spent much time making it. Do you have experience making fireworks in Spain? Did you work for a fireworks company? The beautiful fireworks of Spain are know around the world. Because you admit you have few computer skills can we assume you are older and possibly retired from making fireworks. Please, can you tell us about your history and experience with fireworks. If it is easier for you to type in Spanish please do so. It is not necessary for you to type in English. People on the forums can help translate what you tell us.

jopetes
09-17-2011, 10:34 AM
Hola. Gracias por responder. Ok, tengo 45 años y soy de Madrid. Desde pequeño me gustan mucho los fuegos artificiales y cuando había un espectáculo siempre hablaba con los pirotécnicos y ya empezaba a hacer pequeños cohetes. En el año 2002 aproximadamente empece ha hacer pirotecnia de forma seria y comencé haciendo y perfeccionando los cohetes de pólvora negra como los que venden en las tiendas de fuegos artificiales que terminan con un gran trueno. Luego me interese en los colores para meterlos en los cohetes y así pasé poco a poco con carcasas cilíndricas, esféricas, candelas romanas, petardos, mechas etc...¡ construía todo de forma artesanal!, mas adelante he podido conseguir material profesionaL, Pero como dicen siempre las personas feas “lo importante está en el interior” es decir, lo que hay dentro de los artefactos y la calidad. Aquí es donde he trabajado muy duro primero observando lo que veía en los espectáculos y después, con muchos experimentos, pruebas y más pruebas observando la calidad del color, el brillo, el tiempo de combustión, estabilidad química y compatibilidad y obtener fórmulas que sean rentables económicamente por si algún día tenia que fabricar a nivel industrial como es el caso de las fabricas de pirotecnia. Tengo que decir también que he tenido ayuda de algunos profesionales, pero “solo ayuda” que me ha servido para perfeccionar aún mas algunas fórmulas y también internet que vienen cosas interesantes. Lo que mas me ha obsesionado ha sido el tema de los empavonados o primer de las bolas o meteoros. Sobre este tema hay muy poco escrito y el gran problema que tienen muchos pyroaficionados e incluso profesionales es que sus composiciones no cogen bien fuego sobre todo con aperturas fuertes. Yo he visto después de algún espectáculo de pirotecnia en España (pirotecnias de buen nombre), en el suelo muchas bolas que no han cogido fuego y los chinos nunca tienen ese problema. Por eso he trabajado mucho en este asunto y creo que lo he conseguido e incluso he llegado a saber mediante experimentos y análisis de bolas o estrellas chinas de carcasas que he comprado y hecho autopsia, mas o menos qué composiciones utilizan. También he analizado bolas o estrellas fabricadas en pirotecnias españolas y he llegado a mis propias conclusiones y fórmulas y así también con el famoso Kamuro. Hay algunas cosas que no he llegado a hacer como los flash de colores y algunos strobe de colores porque por circunstancias ya no hago pirotecnia y lo he tenido que dejar. Mas o menos esta es mi historia muy resumida. saludos y perdonar si mi he enrrollado mucho hablando.

arial-shellz-R-US
02-29-2012, 11:03 PM
umm the document wouldn't open... k just a question for anyone who views this, I NEED SOME GETER COMPOSITION!! thanks :D

PyroJoeNEPA
03-01-2012, 10:38 AM
umm the document wouldn't open... k just a question for anyone who views this, I NEED SOME GETER COMPOSITION!! thanks :D

I believe I downloaded this from Skylighter a while ago---might want to check their site.
Go Getters

Go Getters are essentially rocket propelled stars. They are used in an aerial shell or in the head of a rocket and when ignited, they burn with a brilliant color (brilliant because the formulas all contain Magnesium powder) and shoot across the sky. Lit on the ground or in the air, they will fly off in a random direction with their bright tail fire. The Magnesium in these formulas will not degrade because of the unique solvent used.

Strontium Nitrate 50.00% - - 37.00%
Barium Nitrate - 50.00% 44.00% -
Potassium Perchlorate 5.00% 5.00% 4.00% 12.00%
Magnesium Powder 13.00% 13.00% 11.00% 12.00%
Parlon 17.00% 17.00% 15.00% 17.00%
Hexamine 9.00% 9.00% 8.00% 8.00%
Cryolite - - 12.00% 8.00%
Red Gum 3.00% 3.00% 3.00% 3.00%
Boric Acid 3.00% 3.00% 3.00% 3.00%
Comments:

The chemicals are first finely powered (if they are lumpy or coarse crystals) then mixed well together. For the next step, you'll need a small squeeze bottle, similar to those plastic squeeze ketchup bottles you find in a restaurant. Take the mixed formula and slowly add Acetone (while mixing) until it has the consistency of pancake batter. The Acetone will melt the Parlon in the mixture making it plastic & gooey. Be sure to test the squeeze bottle you are going to use first by putting some Acetone in it. Acetone will also melt many plastics, so make sure your squeeze bottle isn't going to melt too. The melted Parlon in the mixtures will also coat the Magnesium Powder and prevent it from degrading. The Parlon here not only binds the mixture together, but it boosts the color of the flame by providing Chlorine to the burning mixture.

Next, stand some 3/4" tubes up end on a sheet of Aluminum Foil. Pump the mixture into them until they are about 80% full. If they are to be used in shells or rocket heads, insert a piece of Black Match (that's Quickmatch with the outside paper removed) all the way to the bottom, leaving about 1" sticking out the top. You can also insert a piece of Visco Safety Fuse, but the ignition delay will be longer. Let them dry for 3 to 4 days. When lit, they will burn with a brilliant colored flame and shoot off in a random direction. Be very careful if you light one on the ground. It can launch in an unpredictable direction... and with its burning hot Magnesium flame, ignite whatever it lands on.

NB--The formula chart is 4 columns---four separate formulae--the table didn't copy as rows & columns but if you cut & paste it you can set it as a 4 column chart.