PDA

View Full Version : E-match fire in, Visco fire out.

Deanbc
03-01-2018, 02:50 PM
So, currently I am limited to the number of electronic firing cues available for me to use in my show. Several sections of my show will fire off of 5 plywood boards. My plan is to chain Visco several cakes together creating 5 groups of identical cakes on each one of these boards separated by some distance on the ground. I then want to fire them electronically and simultaneously using e match or FireWire igniters, since I want them (each group of cakes) to all fire at the same time.
So, if I poke a hole right next to the Visco on the first cake of each group to install my e-match when the lift charge ignites using the ematch will the original Visco then fire from the inside out which would then allow me to chain off of that fuse, setting off the rest of the cakes in the grouping?

Or, am I missing something and is there another way to accomplish my objective?

cptnding
03-01-2018, 05:48 PM
Yes. The visco will burn from the inside out. I usually just put the end of the chain fuse in the same hole with the match. Has always worked well for me.

Deanbc
03-01-2018, 06:27 PM
Ah, never thought of that. Thanks for the reply and the help cptnding.

cptnding
03-01-2018, 10:55 PM
If you are using a slower visco to time the cakes one after the other then attaching to the fuse on the cake might be quicker or less trouble. I mostly use this method to chain several 200g cakes together with fast visco. If timing is important I will match them all but otherwise using fast visco is cheaper and less work than matching each cake and series wiring.

Deanbc
03-01-2018, 11:40 PM
Yes I understand your thoughts. Unfortunately, I just don't have the firing capacity to ematch them all. Rather I want the initial ignition of the 5 groups of cakes to be simultaneous thus the ematch into the first cake of each group thought. After that the rest of the cakes in each group can vary a bit with the chained Visco. I just don’t think the initial firing with talons clipped to the Visco would be simultaneous.
I like the idea of running the chain Visco into the hole with the ematch.