PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 Storage

georgiapyro
09-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Hello all,

I just had a question in regards to storage requirements as it pertains to the Type 54 license. I finally decided to order Dave's video last night and I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. Needless to say, I'm quite excited! On the other hand, I have read on several forums, including this one, that it can be difficult to get a letter of contingency from a location to store your 1.3 product. Unlike many of you, I am really not close to any wholesalers or fireworks distributers that I could contact for a letter. I am in the Northwest Georgia area and really unsure of how to go about this critical step. To be honest, I am really not looking to buy a bunch of 1.3 product, but more looking to get e-match, quick-match, and the possible salute or cake here and there.

Like I said, I know many of you are located close to fireworks distributors, but I would love to hear from someone in GA or around the area who has had success with obtaining their license and how they went about the issue of storage.

Looking forward to your responses!

indianahx
09-06-2011, 11:47 AM
I see that nobody has responded just yet so I will throw my two cents in here. I'll start off by saying I am in Indiana so it may vary significantly from Georgia. I have two relatively "close" 1.3 suppliers to me and they are both roughly 80 miles away. When I spoke with my atf agent during the interview process, I mentioned that these two were available but only had a contingency letter from one. That specific dealer informed me that there is nowhere in their guidelines that states a "required" distance for contingency. It's basically up to the discretion of the agent. From what I understand, the agent is already there because you are approved. If they don't like something they tell you or help you adjust things. I have seen several statements saying the atf wants you one hour away, two hours away, whatever.......

My suggestion would be to ask your closest distributor, regardless of distance, for a contingency letter and turn that in with your application. Once you have done that, get involved with local groups and/or community and you might possibly find someone closer. Either way, if you turn your app in and it gets approved, when the agent comes to visit, if they don't like your contingency plan they will tell you.

Good luck in the hunt!

georgiapyro
09-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the response. I am a bit relieved that the aft agent seemed to be okay with the further distance of your distributor. I'm really just at a loss of where to look. I know I haven't given it too much research yet, but I'm really not sure where there is remotely close 1.3 distributor to where i'm located. I guess i'll just have to keep on hunting.

I appreciate you responding from Indiana, but I would love it if someone had a better idea of what to do who's somewhat close to the ATL.

Thanks!

Pyro Nation
09-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Like Indiana said...there is no written rule of distance between u and a distributor for storage in the orange ATF book... some have been told 1 hr , 2 hrs, some i talked to siad it never was brought up.. Agent just said.. I see you have a letter for storage and that was it

georgiapyro
09-10-2011, 01:08 AM
Thanks Pyro. I think I may have a place in Alabama that I can work with. Thanks for the response!