PDA

View Full Version : Permit questions....

UniversalPyro
09-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Hi all!!! all the local permits i download from firework sites have on them CONSUMER FIREWORKS....do they have one for Display fireworks? Also, can you have a permit signed good for the whole year? instead of one day or days? i know i shoot throughout the year 7 or 8 times on my property and it would be easier if i sign it for the year. I can have the local authority person sign it but not sure if that would work.

indianahx
09-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Not sure about PA but I was told in Indiana that if I applied for a permit with multiple dates on it, that's okay. Say you wanted your permit for July 4th but just in case it rained you also get the permit for 5th and 6th......that way you would only pay the permit fee once and still have the leeway to shoot. Again, this is what I was told in my state and that only pertains to 1.3g as we can shoot 1.4g year round without any kind of permit.

jknepp1954
09-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Universal- PA permits are only good for 1 day only - if you have 7 or 8 shows - you need 7 or 8 permits to match up with the show dates. I do have a couple permits in my files from customers who say have like a 2 day permit on them - July 4, and Dec 31 - legal - not 100% sure, but if the AHJ signed them that way, then i guess they would be.
Permits for consumer and display fireworks in PA are one and the same unless the AHJ has something different for you to fill out.
Joyce