PDA

View Full Version : AP purchasing?

Big Worm
01-22-2018, 06:57 PM
Would a display operators license be an acceptable form of competence for these purchases. I was going to pursue certification through the pgi, but my state Nebraska does not recognize this. So I feel like my step in the hobby is here with AP purchases but I need to prove competency. Is this state test the right direction for me? It would also be a required license for 1.3 purchases in NE.

displayfireworks1
01-22-2018, 07:11 PM
Who are you trying to purchase Articles of Pyrotechnics from and at what budget? It also sounds like you have a common misconception about what is and is not required for 1.3 purchases.

Big Worm
01-22-2018, 07:39 PM
Slices from so76 when I place my fourth order, and M-25 airburst from Tannerite. I will pick my stuff up at so76, but would like Tannerite to ship me a couple cases. With the display operator permit from Ne, ATF license, and shoot permit, I can purchase and shoot 1.3 in Ne. I do have your package. The test for the permit is free in Ne

displayfireworks1
01-23-2018, 05:21 AM
Call or email directly to Spirit of 76 , i'm sure they will tell you what their requirements are. I looked over the Tannerite website , I see his release form has a place for a license number of some sort. But it does not specify what type of license. Distributors that sell these Articles of Pyrotechnics want to feel comfortable that you know more than the average once a year user of fireworks. I keep tossing some ideas around in my head about creating a training program for the AP class of product. Something that is in between a novice user and the ATF license. Problem is distributors that sell these, want the certification specific to their own products. Let me give this some more thought.

Pyro@Mach13
01-23-2018, 09:27 AM
From Spirit of 76 Website:

Professional Use Only Account Authorization

Please return a signed copy of the Pro Use Authorization Form (link below) along with a copy of your proof of training or competency.

We must have both documents on file prior to authorizing your account.

Examples of acceptable proof of training & competency include:

State issued Display Operators License – aka: shooters license
State issued fireworks importer, exporter, or distributor license
FEL (Federal Explosive License) – aka: ATF License (Type-51, Type-54, etc)
PGI training certificate
APA training certificate
Training certificate from reputable company
Permit to shoot from state or local fire Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)

Big Worm
01-23-2018, 10:36 PM
Thanx Pyro. Dave I emailed Daniel, got what I needed. I sent you a pm about what we talked about.

displayfireworks1
01-24-2018, 09:22 PM
I read your message, glad it worked out.. Don't always believe everything that is written on a website as inclusive requirements. You may have a situation not listed. This is why you should always check directly with the distributor.

Big Worm
01-25-2018, 10:17 PM
Dave for President!!! He will bring everyone the BOOM!http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2840&stc=1

displayfireworks1
01-26-2018, 10:19 AM
I like that wording on the cardboard box. "Special Effect" . So when you call and they say "May I help You? You say yea, I'm calling about "Special Effect" Dave sent me. What Special Effect is that sir? The Air Burst (don't say salute). LOL I know this may sound weird to some, but what you are looking at is not even fireworks. Its Articles of Pyrotechnics. Got to love this stuff, right.
I have not seen these in a while, are they now supplied with traditional green visco and/or an electric match wire coming out of them? Skip any close up pictures of the wording on the labels. We don't read that stuff anyway.

Big Worm
01-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Both match and visco