PDA

View Full Version : Thunderking

Palermitano2
08-26-2011, 10:29 PM
I saw a 100 shot thunderking lit tonight and i noticed before it was shot it had the port for the electric match,and also the visco for hand lighting.The cake was hand lit. When it went off it shot about 25 shots all at once then it slowed up. My question is had it been e fired would it have done the opposite and started slow and ended fast?

indianahx
08-27-2011, 06:54 PM
I believe the visco and Ematch port hit the same place first regardless of which one is chosen as the method of ignition....

californiapyro
08-27-2011, 09:27 PM
idk if that is true for all cakes... i saw a 1.3 one that had port/visco on opposite ends of the cake.

indianahx
08-28-2011, 09:06 AM
That just seems kind of ass backwards to me. I could understand if you used the cakes that had ports on both sides.....but I would think in the manufacturing process they would make it so the "finale" portion of the cake doesn't go off first. Not saying your wrong Cali, since you've seen one first hand.....just making an observation. They need pyros like us doing the QC so we can say "uhhhhhhh, porting this side will start the end of the cake Mr. Chinaman sir"

Palermitano2
08-28-2011, 10:10 AM
This particular one no doubt it fired backward. I approached the gentelman who shot it and he said he has another one he is going to shoot soon and he is going to e fire it ... I will keep you posted. (Shouldnt talk to strangers.....unless they are shooting pyro.....lol)

californiapyro
08-28-2011, 10:15 AM
That just seems kind of ass backwards to me. I could understand if you used the cakes that had ports on both sides.....but I would think in the manufacturing process they would make it so the "finale" portion of the cake doesn't go off first. Not saying your wrong Cali, since you've seen one first hand.....just making an observation. They need pyros like us doing the QC so we can say "uhhhhhhh, porting this side will start the end of the cake Mr. Chinaman sir"

LOL!!! haha the cake I saw with backwards ports actually had a "finale" on each end of 10 shots. so I don't know if that's what happened with the tk or not. let us know p2!

Palermitano2
08-29-2011, 11:37 PM
OK this one is put to bed the side with the port for the electric match starts slow the side with the visco is actually used for jumping to another cake.I saw it tonight.....

indianahx
08-30-2011, 06:11 AM
Interesting....a visco jumper instead of quickmatch jumper.....any pictures????

Palermitano2
08-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Interesting....a visco jumper instead of quickmatch jumper.....any pictures????

I dont think so however he may have more cakes I will ask and see if he will alow me to get a photo or video ...cant hurt to ask...

indianahx
08-30-2011, 12:09 PM
That'd be great! Am I correct to assume that the fire jumps slowly then VIA the visco or is it a faster burning visco?

Palermitano2
08-30-2011, 12:47 PM
That'd be great! Am I correct to assume that the fire jumps slowly then VIA the visco or is it a faster burning visco?

I would agree.....

Palermitano2
09-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Ok I saw another one shot same model .....only this time it sent about 10 shots up then slow then ended quick?????????????

indianahx
09-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Sounds like inconsistencies to me.....or a QC problem wherever they are manufactured.

Palermitano2
09-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Sounds like inconsistencies to me.....or a QC problem wherever they are manufactured.

They are overrated.....way overrated.....IMO.....