PDA

View Full Version : lampare?

chev385
08-22-2011, 09:34 PM
has anyone ever tried coal dust? (for the fuel)

ddadmin
08-23-2011, 08:45 AM
I was looking at the finely ground paper of an industrialshredder and was wondering if someone got that left over paper and coated withsomething it may produce a flame ball. Funny when you really get into fireworkseverything starts looking like a potential item to use for something pyrorelated.

Ralph
08-26-2011, 11:04 AM
solids fuels are quite disappointing they are also a fair bit harder to dial in the fireballs Ive seen done with charcoal in shells have hardly looked better than what thickly coated ricehulls with medium speed meal would look like

with some work in a large calibre shell breaking it close to the ground you may have some nice results

Chris H
08-27-2011, 05:51 PM
I've always found this odd. For ground based fireballs with roughly the same volume of fuel, you can get similar effects. The same is not true in the air apparently, or at least not yet. It seems to be quite dependent on the bursting charge. Lampares typically use a stout flash salute to break it. Most solid fuels I've tried or seen tried just can't take the same abuse. A softer break charge is required, which probably diminishes their impact. Less boom, and smaller fireball typically will do that.