whitepyro
08-22-2011, 02:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-A5t30awrQ

californiapyro
08-22-2011, 02:18 PM
im guessing... a 2 inch salute?

PyroJoeNEPA
08-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Hmmmmm----visco, paper, glue, & some of Granny Clampet's famous "Rhumatiz Medicine"?

Palermitano2
08-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Something Ilegal.......

whitepyro
08-23-2011, 01:25 AM
yes 2'' salute but whats the charge.

displayfireworks1
08-23-2011, 08:19 AM
Remember guys Whitepyro is from New Zealand they may do things a little different there. I know in the entire country of Australia (a neighbor to New Zealand) consumer fireworks are illegal. What are the fireworks laws like in New Zealand? I would particularly like to know if New Zealand has a supplier that sells fireworks chemicals to the hobbyist. If they cannot purchase simple oxidizers and metals, making a simple salute without those ingredients can be a challenge.
Whitpyro, whatever you can tells us we would appreciate. I always enjoy hearing about fireworks laws and items for sale in other countries.
Dave displayfireworks1

Is the mixture whistle mix?

Palermitano2
08-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Remember guys Whitepyro is from New Zealand ......
I did not know this i am curious as well on the laws..

PyroJoeNEPA
08-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Knot knowing you were not from the US my comment about "Granny Clampet's famous "Rhumatiz Medicine"? " probably didn't make much sense. Don't know if you have seen the old american tv comedy series "The Beverly Hillbillies". "Granny" was notorious for brewing up her special moonshine [corn whiskey] which she referred to as her "Rhumatiz Medecine". You don't want to get a katch near it. From the amount of smoke from your salute I would guess that it is a KClO4, Al comp with Sulfur added.

whitepyro
08-24-2011, 01:02 AM
dammit Dave you guessed right it was Potassium Perchlorate and sodium Benzoate . Consumer fireworks are sold around November 4Th for 3 days only and you have to be 18 years or older to purchase them. We do not have huge cakes or artillery shells just small 10 shot cakes and other stupid things but our professional shows are amazing. There is only one supplier i know of that has his own website with a heck load of chemicals that are ERMA approved (like ATF) and no licence is required to purchase. But i'm not sure about if the hobby is legal or not without a handlers licence but I've tried to research the laws and homemade pyrotechnics hasn't come up at all ,but no one has complained in my area yet (touch wood).

Ralph
08-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Just a heads up whitepyro that video of yours was posted on another pyrotechnic forum in the idiots we see on youtube section

californiapyro
08-26-2011, 11:32 AM
yeah, i was just gonna say that...

whitepyro
08-26-2011, 06:20 PM
they don't know an artist when they see one stupid pricks

Chris H
08-27-2011, 05:45 PM
If they're talking about the same one I saw, it was more in regard to your shooting apparel. Just curious though, what kind of art is involved in blowing up a rabbit hole?

whitepyro
08-27-2011, 07:16 PM
how do you mean shooting apparel? artist meaning i do make display shells and other effects i dont just aimlessly blow things up

californiapyro
08-27-2011, 09:25 PM
they commented on the spandex shorts. if they catch they'll melt on to your skin. and the video was taken out of context i guess, they don't know if you make other stuff or not. im just the messenger, dont shoot!

whitepyro
08-28-2011, 02:14 AM
they so aren't spandex there 100% cotton canterbury farm shorts . Yeah i guess