PDA

View Full Version : What is the name of this fireworks product?

displayfireworks1
08-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Does anyone know what this is. It appears to be a cake of some sort. I would like to know the name of the product and country of origin. I had a 1.4 item once that had a similar effect and always enjoyed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itMNxHG7y_o

BigMO
08-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Dave,

That really looks like a 1.3 product and I believe it is called Strobing leaves. Let me do a little more research to make sure.

displayfireworks1
08-20-2011, 06:39 PM
I am getting some comments on my youtube channel from the guys in Spain that this may be one of their products called Cluster bombs. However, they are not 100% certain. It most likely is a Spanish product. I can tell you I really like it and find it an interesting effect. It looks as simple as firecrackers falling out of the sky.

displayfireworks1
08-20-2011, 07:35 PM
In case anyone missed it, the answer came from my youtube channel
• the effect is named Relampagos, a Portuguese effect produced by Luso Pirotecnia

pyros
08-27-2011, 03:43 AM
Hello! Sorry for the late reply, I somehow missed that topic here...
The effect is indeed called "Relampagos", meaning lightning flashes. The product is Spanish in origin, but today quite a few companies are making it, Portugal too but also in Italy. We started with it 2 years back with a slight variation in the manufacturing. In the States I know for sure that Garden State is making those. "Traditionally" you'd fill a small plastic bag with a flash composition and close this bag with a bickford-type fuse tied into it. Then you cover the bag with pasted kraftpaper, just to make it fireproof so to say but not to give much of a reinforcement, the flashes should be relatively silent. But now there are quite a few variations, getting louder bangs out of it if you'd wish, or using machine-made tubes with plugs instead of the bags etc. It's just a matter of taste and how much labor you want to put into :)

bye!
Alex