PDA

View Full Version : India Fireworks Assorted Pack

displayfireworks1
08-14-2011, 10:23 PM
As soon as someone from India joins the pyrotalk fireworks forums they will have to enlighten us about how fireworks are sold and made in India. I would love to know what if any restrictions they have on firecrackers sold in their country. I know a few years back those green firecrackers from India that looked like they were wrapped in green yarn made their way into United States were very loud and sold as a 1.3 item.
Take for example the assorted pack in this video. Are these actually made in India or are they imported from China with India wraps on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbrWOOK4mww

J's12talk
08-15-2011, 09:34 PM
I'd buy one of those assortments just to see what the items are. I think that I've come full circle when a kiddie assortment starts drawing my attention. LOL!

Pyro Nation
08-15-2011, 10:13 PM
LOL... Aint that the truth... Any new FIREWORK I become a kid and be like.. Ooooo OOOOO.. I want one and want to try

One thing looked like it would of been a M-80 type item

copper acetoarsenite
09-24-2012, 11:43 PM
in this country the sell water as 1.3...lol...litterally... look what happens when you try to take a flight and the idiots in charge of the TSA will take your highly explosive hydrogen-hydroxide, then sell it back to you on the plane for 20 dollars...lol

copper acetoarsenite
09-25-2012, 10:56 PM
I was just reading Brock's chapter, on 'Pyrotechny in the East' from His 'A History of Fireworks and he writes the following about firecrackers in India while speaking of the public festivals or 'pujas' ".... Until quite recently, when the influence of western methods and techniques began to be felt, the range of effects was quite limited. As on similar occasions in China, the cracker, in differing forms know variously as gola, pataka, vengavedi, and koroo, plays a predominant part . Additional noise is supplied by the adirvedi, a row of short iron pipes fixed in a plank of wood and charged with gunpowder."

he goes on to describe the various other forms of traditional Indian fireworks the sand cracker...or 'snaps' the fountains burned in earthenware pots or bamboo or paper container ...tubri
and anar or pineapple...the other fountain effect puljari...colored fire burned in a container or burusu, and burned loosely as chandrjota or mateb Rocket are known as abusavanani or hawai...he goes on to remark that "while all Pujas, in particular Diwali are marked by communal fireworks...it is the Dasserah, at the end of the rainy season that provides the occasion for the more ordered and spectacular displays..." I just thought that this stuff was interesting!

doctor
10-26-2012, 01:41 AM
As soon as someone from India joins the pyrotalk fireworks forums they will have to enlighten us about how fireworks are sold and made in India. I would love to know what if any restrictions they have on firecrackers sold in their country. I know a few years back those green firecrackers from India that looked like they were wrapped in green yarn made their way into United States were very loud and sold as a 1.3 item.
Take for example the assorted pack in this video. Are these actually made in India or are they imported from China with India wraps on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbrWOOK4mww

Hi,

Restrictions?? What u talking bout? The only restriction i heard is "to be burnt between 6am to 10pm" that too goes haywire on festive days...

Will be posting a video of Dussehra celebration 2012 and you will see for urself children handling 2 or 3 inch shells....Unsafety at its best i shall say (They will never learn)..

Lots of Gift boxes to choose from in the Indian Market....The Green firecracker wrapped in yarn is from Standard fireworks of India. Also, known as water proof bomb...They say that people in USA who go for fishing in shallow ponds threww these in water and explosion caused the fish to be in shock and get captured....(NEVER tried that myself )...

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb405/doctordhiraj/Indian%20PYRO%20museum/DSCN3168.jpg

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb405/doctordhiraj/Indian%20PYRO%20museum/DSCN3169.jpg

These are the green wrap u talking bout.

Regards

doctor
10-26-2012, 04:09 AM
and 99% of the fireworks are manufactired in India only...Infact a firework factory owner told me that chinese fireworks are banned in India. However, in last two or 3 years i have seen few china ones make entry but these are not proper companies...Mostly, small rockets, saturn missile bought illegally

displayfireworks1
10-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Doctor

Thank you for your post. I looked at the two pictures you submitted. Those green firecrackers were imported into United States very close to where I live. If you read the label you can see the name FireArt Corp. Please tell me how is it that you have these boxes in India. I know they sold these firecrackers in India but did they sell them in the same box that was used for importation into United States?
To give you some history on those green firecrackers here in United States, they were sold only to properly licensed people however they soon found their way into the black-markets. The USA government authorities eventually put an end to their importation. I find it very interesting you have that box in India with USA written on it.
The first few years they were in United States the box had a colorful picture of a woman on it, in subsequent years they appeared in the plain brown box. It is unlawful in United States to sell professional fireworks with pretty colorful labels.

Dave displayfireworks1 USA

doctor
10-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Hi Dave,

I have five boxes or 50 pieces of those green ones...Yeppp they are from my personal museum collection....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvdEffMwMLo&feature=youtu.be

Check this out, Standard firework gift boxes (Shaky video)

Doc