PDA

View Full Version : ignitor clips

UniversalPyro
08-14-2011, 09:38 AM
need some imput... does anyone shoot shells or cakes with ignitor clips? i have the cobra system and need to know what the best clips and also what the best way to use them so they will go off correctly. I know the system has a setting for clips vs electric ignition too. I shot on the fourth with some clips from pyrodirect, but they didnt all work correctly and i was kind of dissapointed, also let me know if im really just better to go to electric match and not waste my time with the clips.

UniversalPyro

Palermitano2
08-14-2011, 10:15 AM
need some imput... does anyone shoot shells or cakes with ignitor clips? i have the cobra system and need to know what the best clips and also what the best way to use them so they will go off correctly. I know the system has a setting for clips vs electric ignition too. I shot on the fourth with some clips from pyrodirect, but they didnt all work correctly and i was kind of dissapointed, also let me know if im really just better to go to electric match and not waste my time with the clips.

UniversalPyro
Hate to say it but if I dont you wont correct your problems.....Its probably not the clips ......That being said I had the same problem . A few things you must do. When you press a que you need to hold it down for 2 seconds. also certain fuses that are thick need to be cut a little to expose the black powder. Then put the clip on . Since I learned these 2 things Ive not had a misfire.....Hope this helped.

indianahx
08-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Shoot me a pm about a different ignitor route....

Pyro Nation
08-14-2011, 07:47 PM
I have used the Cobra with igniters and have had no issues at all..As you said.. Cobra has a setting for igniters where it send voltage to it for 2 seconds. They come shipped with the Ematch setting so you will need to change it... just press button and it will do the rest..

I like using the TALON II igniters...orange wire with white head... Never any issues at all when using them.. I have tested i think 48 so far... and all have worked