PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 1.3 display work in Alabama

Tandrea King
06-28-2017, 12:13 PM
I live in gadsden, Alabama. I got my clearance letters last month for a company out of Birmingham and i worked with a crew earlier this month for a show. I called the company this past Friday and they told me that everything is full and they got their crews picked out and it consist of mostly family and their friends and they'll call me me if they need help . I told them that i don't know anybody that work in the company. I just wanna get on with a crew and get some more experience. If i don't hear anything from them, i guess I'll be sitting at home this July 4th because not everybody have family to celebrate holidays with. I don't mind traveling, but i wanna work this holiday.

PyroManiacs
06-28-2017, 10:33 PM
Hopefully someone will get you hooked up.

shake the cove
07-30-2017, 08:45 PM
Sorry I missed your post in time for the 4th . contact J&M display out of Iowa. they have a regional rep named charles that covers the southeast with shows. They had one in Boaz this year. Not that far from you You will run into those problems with a lot of companies. Companies will pay a set amount to the lead shooter and he/she divides it up to cover expenses and crew pay. I have worked for 3 different display companies and each has to have you as an employee to work.Can't just volunteer. Needless to say the less crew they have the more money they pocket. Personally I would rather have a larger crew to get things done with more time to relax.Working from 9-10am till midnite in the heat would rather have in set to go in under 5 hours when practical with 1.5 to 2 hr clean up. Not sure how clubs get members to shoot a professional paid display. And remember you may have to travel to get on a shoot . My last two were 1hr 45 and 2.5 hour drive one way. The price for seeing /working pyro. Of course you are more valuable if you have your CDL and hazmat. You should be working on that if you want to get a lot more shoots

Tandrea King
08-25-2017, 04:04 PM
Thank you. I'll look into that.