PDA

View Full Version : Video announcement from pyrotalk.com

displayfireworks1
08-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I want to let all of the registered members interested in making fireworks and sharing information on the forums that a fireworks chemical distributor will soon become part of pyrotalk.com. Look for more information with in the next two weeks. Thank you for being part of my website pyrotalk.com

Dave displayfireworks1 pyrotalk.com Administrator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UzF02JjMPE

californiapyro
08-13-2011, 10:47 AM
good to hear it, the manufacturing part of this forum definitely needs to expand

jbgreen
08-14-2011, 02:20 AM
sound like this will be a nice addition to the forum

Pyro@Mach13
08-15-2011, 01:36 PM
very intersting!

PyroJoeNEPA
08-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Great news Dave. Looking forward to the expansion. That is what sets this site apart from the others. Keep up the great work!!!

J's12talk
08-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Manufacturing can be a dangerous addiction. I know 3 different groups of pyro's that have lost friends and family to the craft. I personally have been to the hospital because of it and came close to losing my sight. Buying chemicals will draw unwanted attention whether you want to believe it or not. When one of my friends applied for his type 54 permit one of the first questions the ATF asked him was what was all the "perc." for. Thats not the way you want to start your interview. Don't get me wrong I completely understand the addiction but most people don't think about what can really happen. Dave has a video of an illegal M-80 operation that blew up, look at the whole thing before you decide to start. It just might change your mind. To each his own, God bless and good luck.

PyroJoeNEPA
08-16-2011, 11:55 AM
I agree with Jay totally that everything possible should be done to discourage people from making salutes--there is SO much more to the art of pyrotechnics than that! Any beginner can [and most likely will] mix some chemicals together & see how much damage they can do with their creation. That is not art-it is very poor judgement. But the true artist is the person that spends years studying the principles of chemistry and looks for ways to learn the craft & be mentored.
Look at some of the great shell & rocket makers in the PGI--any one of them would tell you it takes years to learn the craft, and it is not about making "flash-bangs". Sure, they know how to make an awesome bottom shot or rondelle but they will all tell you the artistry is in the color, the break, the delivery, the timing, etc.

Pyro Nation
08-16-2011, 10:43 PM
I always thought about the fact of making my own fireworks.. There is a lot of appeal to it. For me though I look at the proper supplies, space, chemicals, time, money involved... not to mention ATF... I prefer to just buy the items, but that is me... I do plan on taking a class at the PGI convention when it rolls around though

crackerbomb
08-17-2011, 12:34 AM
Well for the time being, making my own fireworks doesn't interest me. Maybe its because my wife gives my crap that I spend too much time fooling around with stupid fireworks...... someday she will understand...I HOPE...

Pyro Nation
08-17-2011, 02:03 AM
Im right there with ya cracker...my wife is at the point where she doesnt try to argue about it at the time... but she will make sure I know about it all year long

californiapyro
08-18-2011, 11:42 PM
well you guys are missing out! it's such a rush to set off something you've made, and if you look at the costs involved it's actually not that significant, if hobby pyro is legal where you are. Just my thoughts...