PDA

View Full Version : CObra Show Creator and Inventory

Bazerk
06-11-2017, 08:37 AM
Are any of you aware as to whether or not CSC can keep track of your fireworks inventory so that you know how many of each firework you have as you script your show? Obviously, I would hope that it would deduct said item from that inventory as you use it in the script. Am I missing this feature or does it not exist? This would be a huge help as I am spending as much or more time trying to track that manually than I am actually writing the script. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it does not, how are you guys keeping track?

isp307
06-11-2017, 02:35 PM
If it does have that function I haven't found it. I usually just set up an excel spreadsheet and do it on that. I have a total, used and left columns. That seems to work for me.

Bazerk
06-11-2017, 03:55 PM
If it does have that function I haven't found it. I usually just set up an excel spreadsheet and do it on that. I have a total, used and left columns. That seems to work for me.

I'll go that route. I did hear from Scott and his team so I can tell you that it does not exist. They did say that if they add it they would have to comply with a bunch of ATF rules so I doubt it will be happeneing.

displayfireworks1
06-11-2017, 06:49 PM
What you are asking for sounds like a function in Finale Fireworks software.

Bazerk
06-12-2017, 12:15 AM
What you are asking for sounds like a function in Finale Fireworks software.

Problem is I dont want to pay that price just for inventory capabilities. I do appreciate the answer though Dave.

displayfireworks1
06-12-2017, 07:15 AM
What you are experiencing is a great example of growth and advancement in the advanced fireworks enthusiast sector. The inventories on some of these private displays are so large one needs to keep track of what is used , how many are left, and/or need used. This is how far some of you have come. I hope people in the software business see this need.
We are also seeing a need for preprogramed displays , buy the show and follow the numbers , similar to what a professional pyro-technician does. Get the truck and follow the instructions. Only the advanced enthusiast gets the ordered delivered and follows the instructions. Thanks for bringing this need to light.

isp307
06-12-2017, 01:05 PM
Ok thanks Bazerk. Good to know I'm not missing anything. I was running into the same problem you have last year, so that's when I decided to set up an excel sheet. I have two shows that I do so I needed to keep things straight. I have 185 cases coming this year so I have to keep things straight. Started building my shows a month or two ago and my order should be here to day. Now I just have to sort everything out!