PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks at the Racetrack video

displayfireworks1
08-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Special thanks to VFI fireworks and "Tony" for allowing me full pyro access to the shoot site.
This video is currently unlisted on youtube and can only be viewed on the pyrotalk website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ULK-FfcnLk

Pyro Nation
08-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Theres the unlisted video now...lol

Pyro Ian
08-08-2011, 09:06 PM
another great video dave! keep em comin.

mici59
08-09-2011, 09:47 AM
I totally disagree with you about what you say in the video. It was stated that the green visco fuse is meant to be lit on the tip and if you try and light the fuse in the middle you wont be able to. Ive done hundreds of handfired shows over the years with plenty of that fuse on shells and I call it "hitting the fuse high". Just touch the road flare in the middle of that fuse and it will go, it will also help you speed up your show!

any input on this?

indianahx
08-09-2011, 12:35 PM
I believe he's a tad right....viscous isn't INTENDED to light on the middle but it WILL....I think its just an advantage at the tip where the core is typically more exposed or dipped with a primer. My two cents on the matter.

jbgreen
08-09-2011, 03:01 PM
awesome video Dave! Racing and fireworks, great job on the videos.

Blackdevil77
08-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Dave said in the video you can light visco in the center of the fuse if you put enough fire to it. I'm sure a road flair is enough fire, but something like a basic lighter will probably give you more difficulty.

Pyro Nation
08-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Exactly Blackdevil...... Visco is intended to be lit at the tip where the blackpowder is exposed.. AS DAVE said in the video.. Given enough fire it will light in the middle but is meant to be lit at the tip

J's12talk
08-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Visco! Visco! Visco! when shooting a show professionally I hate using it. Dave is correct when he says blackmatch is the way to go. The only time I like to see visco is on my 8", 10"and 12" shells that I shoot at club events. Light and run like hell! As a rule we fire these shells electronically on all professional shows.

nrubmx
08-09-2011, 11:17 PM
great video. that does look like a perfect show to start on, looks fun too!

mici59
08-11-2011, 09:09 AM
I admit, Black fuse is the way to go. If all display shooters could have black fuse they would be happy. However, Sometimes we cant get that lucky. But if you do get visco there is a couple of things you can do . 1. Hit it high, im telling you it works just fine with a road flare. Ive spead up alot of my shows that way. or 2. just cut the fuse in half, that way it burns through quicker.

I still think the best fuse out there is the American Made bundle fuse and match. You cant beat it, it burns consistent and you very very rarely have any issues.

blown2bits
08-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Great video, after watching the part about the flares and how you can only use so much till it burns your hand, I had a thought of making a flare holder, but looking on google they all ready make one, looks like this may be a good little tool for anyone hand lighting. you can probably make on yourself if you want a little pyro project for under 10 bucks, maybe use a bicycle handle grip, some clamps and a short piece conduit you would have the same thing.
heres a link to the pic
http://fireworksfx.com/shooting%20stick.jpg

VFI_Fireworks
08-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks for poppin by Dave, Video is again top knoch. I would wonder about how many companies only use visco vs black match because the 2 I worked for shooting both use visco and they are worldwide. As for green visco fuse it is treated with lac. to prevent easy lighting and the powder being exposed only on the tip is for that reason. Yes I shoot blackmatch too and if your rack shakes off the caps you lose 2-3-4 more shells from sparks also making it a safety concern if your not on top of your game. I believe I'll continue to be innovative and work my magic. I was thinking about maybe getting a show put together for enthusiasts and adding some training what you'll think. Let Dave know, he's a good thoughtful guy who likes fireworks maybe a little bit to much LOL