PDA

View Full Version : An interesting video to watch

cmalloy513
05-02-2017, 07:17 PM
I was browsing on YouTube and came across this video. This guy makes his own black powder and makes homemade firecracker out of household materials and some fuse. Let me know what you guys think.

https://youtu.be/SiQmMuOZfPk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiQmMuOZfPk&feature=youtu.be

PyroManiacs
05-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Interesting.

displayfireworks1
05-02-2017, 08:03 PM
That guy talks more than I do. LOL He needs one of those Concussion Mortars I was using. I was eating and semi hard chewy little bun at lunch today and was thinking to myself, this would be great to stuff down in that black powder mortar like Scott suggested.

countryboy7978
05-03-2017, 12:51 PM
While I applaud the scientific theme of this guy's video I can't even begin to process how reckless and uneducated his procedures are. Making and igniting black powder in your kitchen is unbelievably stupid. His powder is slow because it was not ball milled and would not be useful in firecrackers to begin with. The paper tubes he rolled are way too thin, electrical tape looks juvenile as opposed to just rolling better tubes, and I certainly hope he unplugged that hot glue gun before using it on live pyrotechnic compounds. That visco appears to be an effects fuse rather than standard visco fuse. So my opinion on his video is not a positive one.

chriskrc
05-03-2017, 05:26 PM
It was very interesting to watch and applauds to his science but like countryboy said I wouldn't be doing that in my kitchen and not really sure the audience he's trying to captivate but I will give him a little credit for ingenuity.

RalphieJ
05-04-2017, 05:53 PM
Didn't we all do stuff like this when we were like 10 or 12? Saltpeter and sulfur, match heads, rifle powder, anything that would burn. One summer a local toy store had a small display of "Joke Firecrackers" which were approx. 2" x 5/8" red convolute tubes, one end crimped and the other open, packed with a half-dozen pieces of visco. We bought them all and filled them with flash from our 1 1/2" crackers. But even then we had the common sense to do it outdoors. How old is this guy?

Kenny East
05-06-2017, 01:42 AM
Good old king of random, love his videos but some of it brings up the question of safety... The butane in coke bottle video... Does have some good ones on smoke bombs and sugar rocket motors... Don't try this at home

PyroManiacs
05-06-2017, 10:55 AM
"This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated."

His channel was terminated.

Kenny East
05-08-2017, 04:15 AM
"This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated."

His channel was terminated.

When did that happen he has about a million subscribers and almost every video he puts up gets a million+ views

Northern Sky
05-08-2017, 07:20 AM
I thought he did a nice job. I made a few hydrogen generators a few years ago similar to the one he shows in another video.

Thanks for sharing this. Just what we need, another video source for hours of entertainment.

PyroManiacs
05-08-2017, 07:58 AM
Well, the channel seems to be back now. What the heck is happening? Lol.