PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Atf license

wink
05-02-2017, 06:49 AM
I'm new to the forum but a lifelong pyro junkie.glad to be on board.dave your videos are great!my question is can anyone tell me about your experience trying to get your atf type54 in the state of illinois.i imagine its harder then most states considering we were the last state to pass some form of concealed carry law.thanks for any help!

PyroJoeNEPA
05-02-2017, 08:45 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk Wink. I'm sure someone from Illinois will give you some input.

djsmurf
05-02-2017, 11:02 PM
Wink, I'm not sure how your state law would effect you getting your type 54. State law might be an issue when it comes time to fire the class B in your state but that is an entirely different topic. I'm from Ohio our state laws are up there with the worst when it comes to fireworks, however obtaining my 54 was not an issue and I have shot a number of shows in PA using it. Hope to do some Ohio shows this year!

chriskrc
05-03-2017, 05:07 PM
Wink, I'm not sure how your state law would effect you getting your type 54. State law might be an issue when it comes time to fire the class B in your state but that is an entirely different topic. I'm from Ohio our state laws are up there with the worst when it comes to fireworks, however obtaining my 54 was not an issue and I have shot a number of shows in PA using it. Hope to do some Ohio shows this year!

It still surprises me with how the laws are in Ohio especially with a company like phantom based there

djsmurf
05-03-2017, 11:36 PM
It still surprises me with how the laws are in Ohio especially with a company like phantom based there

Makes you want to stab yourself with a hot cattle prod. We are working on getting things changed.

wink
05-04-2017, 05:20 AM
did a little research on the state fire marshalls website what a pain in the you no what!Im just a hobbyist that does a backyard show over the 4th and then one on my parents farm for a family reunion. i live in a rural area and the only time i encountered a problem was 10 years ago when i did a display in august for my sons b-day.county police came out said someones horse jumped a fence and i needed to stop shooting.i treated him with respect and everything was fine.he did mention it could be up to a 2500.00 fine.i guess my point being i thought it would be nice to get the 54 to shoot a few 1.3 cakes and mortars for the 2 shoots i do a year but it don't really see the feasibility.getting my concealed carry was a cake walk compared to this.

displayfireworks1
05-04-2017, 05:35 AM
You should consider getting my ATF DVD/Application package . Your state has nothing to say about the ATF license because it is a Federal procedure. It looks like you live close to the border of a neighboring state that has a few 1.3 distributors. If you look for a reason to predict failure you will find it. i suspect you do not have a full understanding of the procedure. Also I would recommend shooting all of your fireworks at one time at that location. and do it in a short period. Do you have a fireworks firing system?
http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

wink
05-04-2017, 06:04 AM
I have the cobra 18r2 and 18m and getting ready to order 1 more 18m. i haven't used the cobra system yet just got the system recently.i have a question,say i get my 54 go buy some 1.3 fireworks does the store I'm buying them from send some kind of report to the feds?I can shoot at my dads 200 acre property and nobody gives a hoot!

displayfireworks1
05-04-2017, 07:04 AM
If you Dad has 200 acres , sell 17 inches of it to raise enough money to buy the ATF/DVD package I sell. You need to understand how the process works. Get moving because July 4th is approaching.

wink
05-04-2017, 07:14 AM
Dave you could talk the knickers off of a nun!ill get right on it! LOL

wink
05-04-2017, 07:23 AM
just ordered your ATF/DVD package thru pay pal.my dad said he's not selling!

countryboy7978
06-03-2017, 01:00 PM
just ordered your ATF/DVD package thru pay pal.my dad said he's not selling!

I've been through it. If you have questions let me know. While it's possible to get approved without the IDNR license, I would advise against it. You can not possess 1.3 in the state of IL without it. If you are strictly buying and shooting out of state and will never cross the border with any product, fine. But keep in mind the inspector will highly recommend you get the license as do I. Just because you are ok with Federal Regulations, the state can easily make your life more miserable than the Feds. In order to be compliant with the state fire Marshall there needs to be an Illinois certified lead shooter on site. It doesn't have to be you but it has to be someone. That is a separate license from the IDNR.

IDNR- $100 for 3 years, requires a 1 day class and test to acquire. Also requires IL LiveScan prints. Those run $50-$100 separately.

The OSFM license requires $100, Live Scan Prints (you can do both at the same time for much less), and the signature of 3 qualified individuals that you have safely fired 3 shows including one as Co-lead.

ATF $100 for 3 years, requires regular FBI prints (your local PD might do for free or for a small fee. I paid $5)