PDA

View Full Version : Fusing shells - tips

UniversalPyro
07-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Can someone tell me who has some experience with this on what the best way to fuse 3,4,5 inch shells with visco and use what...tape, connectors, zip ties ?? Ive used tape but on the bigger shells it sometimes seperated and broke the line of fire.

or has anyone used sticky match before, slow fuse? How would that work and could it be a faster way of doing this?

Pyro Nation
07-26-2011, 09:17 PM
I seen most with big shells like that use zip ties... I ematch it..so no help there...lol

UniversalPyro
07-26-2011, 09:52 PM
I seen most with big shells like that use zip ties... I ematch it..so no help there...lol

i dont mind ematch, but what kind of time does it take? im doing about 340 shells, how many do you usually ematch and how long does it take you?

Pyro Nation
07-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Couple hours it took for 255 shells and just me doing it... about 20 - 30 secs a shell.. give or take the ematch wire being a pain sometime not wanting to work the way ya want it......

UniversalPyro
07-26-2011, 10:30 PM
ill have to try it with my cobra system...or get some of daves magical tape...maybe thats the problem im having.

Pyro Nation
07-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Ohhhh...I was under the assumption u were using that tape..lol..well then... definately use that tape... it is STRONG LIKE BULL...lol

COBRA SYSTEM is amazing..definately use it.. cant wait for the software upgrade for simply showing u what cues were already fired by staying lit... that little item is awesome..

mici59
07-27-2011, 10:29 AM
string them together, they will hold if you tie them tight enough

nrubmx
07-27-2011, 10:38 AM
in one of dave new videos there was a guy that wanted his finale to go a little slower than it would with quick match chains, so he cut the paper off of the quick match about half an inch down and folded the black match over the fuse and then taped over that.....looked like it worked good but may be really time consuming