PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Flare sale ..Free Shipping

displayfireworks1
02-05-2017, 03:58 PM
One of my advertisers dropped the price on the hand held rocket flares for February. He wanted me to pass the message along. If you have the right venue to play with these things they are a lot of fun. I was told the proper way to dispose of these is to notify the authorities you are shooting them.
It looks like for $105.00 you can get 15 rockets shipped for free to your home. Sounds like a good deal. Here are the new prices and his contract information. He does all of the sales via phone, text and email.
Comet or MK8A (min order of 15)

15 to 24 $7.00 each
25 to 39 $6.00 each
40 or more $5.00 each

MK3 (sold out

James Glenn
Text or call to order
480 521 4684
Call or email starbuck@cox.net for questions
Check your local laws before use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txHUBUzGnP4&t=1s
On a side note, here is an example of another way for someone selling pyrotechnic items to advertise with me. I can do this for select items and you do not necessarily need a website to make sales. This option is for select items only. If you have something of this nature send me an email to pyrotalk@gmail.com. His video is up to 58,000 plus views in 6 months.

Shootit
02-08-2017, 03:51 PM
As a captain there is so much wrong here it's unbelievable.

These are not fireworks, they do carry a 1.4 designation but that doesn't make them fireworks.
They are to be used if someone is in grave danger to signal for help period.
The coast guard or other Leo's may respond to these and the penalty is a felony with years in prison and 100s of thousands in fines.

I know that Dave fired one and nothing happened so you may get away with it, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

It is violation of federal law to fire if not in distress.
Quite frankly I think the reason this guy has no website is because selling these as a firework could get you in trouble.

displayfireworks1
02-08-2017, 11:15 PM
For years these were sold at the PGI convention, many distributors had these on their websites for sale. My experience has been, these are all expired. They have expiration dates on them. The legal way to dispose of them is to call the local authorities and tell them you are shooting them. All sort of things make their way into the pyro market. These devices are nothing new. It may appear new because I am using them or helping to market them in my videos. Tannerite sells them on his website, here is the link.
http://tanneriteexplosives.com/products/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4&zenid=8a8338985280f511ad2fc86f492c0450
Ideally these should all be destroyed in one location. But they are not. One of the things I do is promote pyrotechnic products, I do that for Tannerite and I do that for this seller. There is a time and place to use these , have fun and not get in trouble.

Shootit
02-09-2017, 08:09 AM
I really don't care what the PGI, tannerite, or your local fire chief says about them being legal.

US federal and international treaties make them illegal to use as anything other than lifesaving signals.

I guess like many things the law is ignored but everyone should be aware of what they are risking.

As a captain I am legally bound to go to any red flare I see and attempt the render assistance or I can be charged, hence my disdain for the idea they are for fun.

Northern Sky
02-09-2017, 09:58 AM
I've got my smoking jacket on.

displayfireworks1
02-09-2017, 01:47 PM
You correct, false alarms with the rocket flares are a problem, the problem appears more prominent with the devices before they reach the secondary pyro enthusiast market. You can legally dispose of these by just calling before you use them, particularly over a body of water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9ItlMKNoQ