PDA

View Full Version : Hello from South West Indiana

LuxExTenebris
07-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Hello everyone its great to be a member of this board. I'm fairly new to the consumer fireworks scene. This year was my first year of buying fireworks and after reading this forum and others realized that i got taken to the cleaners. I'm looking forward to learning all I can so I can create bigger and better shows as well as buying wholesale and earning my BATF license. I welcome any advice from everyone.

Frankiefireworks19
07-26-2011, 02:43 AM
Welcome! For starters buy wholesale you will be pleasantly suprised at how good the prices are. Next getting your licence is a real pain. You will have to jump through many hoops to get there but of course it is well worth it. Take a good look at all the videos and message boards on this site you will see a more clearer picture on how to obtain your licence. Good luck buddy!

LuxExTenebris
07-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the tip. I've began looking at doing wholesale purchases but I guess I'm not really familiar with the best supplier options. I've looked at Quantum and Bigs of course but not sure I guess who might be the best. I'm not looking at dropping more than $1000-$1500 at this time since I'm still new and learning what fireworks pieces I like and don't like and I've heard Bigs requires $3000 to get wholesale pricing. Any advice on some good resources is much appreciated. Thanks for the welcome!

crackerbomb
07-26-2011, 07:41 PM
In my opinion you need to find the product that you like and go with it. Then find a wholesale dealer that is in your area and hope that they are close so you don't get pounded by the shipping cost.

PyroJoeNEPA
07-27-2011, 12:02 PM
I would advise you to look into joining a local club. This will let you connect with a whole new level of Pyro friends and also will help if they are doing a "group buy" at some point in time. ...and welcome to the Forum.