PDA

View Full Version : How do i obtain the necessary permissions i order to advance my shows?

Flecks
07-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Well as the title says, how and who shall i talk to if i want to go pro? I live and breathe for fireworks shows, and i would kill to either work at a professional pyrotechnician, or to obtain the needed licenses to start my own shows up. The best imaginable job for me, is at ground zero, but as it is now, i do not know how to get there.. I would also like to make my own fireworks, as i already know quite the bit and am deeply fascinated about the construction of fireworks.
If anyone can tell me a thing or two about how to go pro in Denmark, i would be very happy.

Flecks - a to-the-core fireworks enthusiast

J's12talk
07-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Going pro starts with finding a fireworks display company in your area and asking them to take you on as an apprentice. Even if you have to work for free for a while it will help get your foot in the door. If your a hard worker you will be asked to come back.

Flecks
07-26-2011, 02:00 PM
That is what i thought. I have found a guy nearby, and i will call his as soon as the holidays are over. Hopefully he will hire me, and is i should work for free, it would be just the same for me. I am dying to help at professional shows.
Thank you very much, i will follow your advice (:

indianahx
07-26-2011, 03:20 PM
I don't know that you will "work for free"....but definitely be prepared to work as a grunt

tennpyro1
07-26-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm doing the same thing I already called and they put me on stand by so to speak but in April or may they hold a two day class and at the end of the second day you take a closed book test if you pass you become certified as a shooter

Flecks
07-26-2011, 03:58 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind working for free. To me, the reward of a successful show is more than enough. And as i understand it, here in Denmark, it is almost impossible to earn enough money to live, from just being a pyrotechnician..
Anyway, i will definitely give it a try.