PDA

View Full Version : To all registered members check your email

displayfireworks1
07-21-2011, 01:08 PM
I just emailed a unlisted link to a fireworks video that is over one hour long to all registered users of pyrotalk.com. The video is from a professional fireworks display and covers reloading 1.3 fireworks in addition some of the usual fun stuff. I hope you enjoy it. Remember to check your spam folder if necessary for the email. Thank for being a part of my website pyrotalk.com

Dave displayfireworks1

Blackdevil77
07-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Something must be wrong with my e-mail or something. Not in my mail box, spam box and I checked to see if I checked to not recieve e-mails and I didn't. If somebody that got the video wouldn't mind, pm me the link? :)

Robertlopez
07-21-2011, 07:00 PM
never got it can some one email it to me

eldridgejoe
07-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Good post Dave... I liked the fact they left the visco on. That is much better than the "duck and cover" method. I honestly have not seen anyone leave the visco on before. Heck the shells we get from EFI here in Washington dont have Visco at all. But the little LIDU salutes do and that is about it. I have hand lit one 6 inch shell in my life direct to the quickmatch. That will make you feel very alive. Keep in mind this is my opinion only.

crackerbomb
07-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Well so much for a third times a charm, I never got it

shellshocker
07-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Love the video Dave. Thanks for doing it. Is part two the lady bitching for 30 minutes lol. Eldridgejoe, all the shells are ordered with visco now. Some of the old stuff is still quick match but I haven't seen no leader in years.

Blackdevil77
07-21-2011, 09:54 PM
If somebody can, pm me the link, I wanna see lol

blown2bits
07-21-2011, 10:03 PM
can someone send it to me also, didn't get it.

Pyro Nation
07-21-2011, 10:52 PM
i pm'ed the link to the ones who said didn't get it.

crackerbomb
07-22-2011, 03:29 AM
thanks for the video Pyroliffic

Blackdevil77
07-22-2011, 06:37 AM
I didn't get the pm either lol

pyro1361
07-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Dave,

I didn't get anything either

tennpyro1
07-22-2011, 02:48 PM
I never got it either

PittPyro
07-22-2011, 06:41 PM
possible solution may be a registered member forum section. A section of the forum that only registered members can view. Dave could then post his new video links in there (only registered members could view the links..the same effect as the e-mails) and he wouldn't have to worry about all the e-mail issues.

just a thought

displayfireworks1
07-22-2011, 09:16 PM
I apologize to anyone that did not receive the video link. To those that did not receive the video it is now posted to the video section of pyrotalk.com. It is still unlisted but can be seen only on the pyrotalk website under the new video section. I will publicly announce it on youtube soon. You can watch it on the website with this link. The video is about a professional display and reloading fireworks.

Dave displayfireworks1
http://pyrotalk.com/13-fireworks-display-reloaded.php

BAJohn1954
07-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Dave,
Just watch the whole video. The crew I give a big A+. Very good movement of aways keeping the shells going, no dead time in the air. Great communication between shooters and loaders. Safety was always carried out. A great teaching video.
I enjoyed it most because it was "Old School". The way my Father and I use to shot. A couple things we did different was we had a couple 3 ft 1" by 2" ferring sticks with nails on the end. We use to clean the morters before reloading. Sometimes burning paper could be in the morter when you are reloading
We never had the luxury of that many racks of morters. We had about 15 morters on 1 side the load box 15 yrds back and then another 15 morters 15 yards on the other side of the loading boxes. Example (111111111111111-----------Loading Boxes--------------1111111111111)
Another thing my dad had us do was tie every other shell in the finale down to the morter. He felt the jolt of the shells coming out could cause a fuse to break and this tie-down would prevent having to go back in and re-lighting the finale. The end of the finale, the big 6" and 8" salute we call Condells. I remember back in the 70's we broke windows in the Crusible Steel Plant in Midland, Pa. from our finale. Back then we had a lot of special shell made by Dominic Presutti (Veto's Dad).
Boy I wish Dad was Living, He sure would have enjoyed all these video on YouTube. I think in a past email, when we buried dad they lit a 60 salute cake for his 60 yrs of firework service.

An the greatest feeling is The Crowd Goes Wild. Their approvel is what it is all about. After all that smoke and the show is over, did a Bud ever taste soooooooo Good.

Thanks again & keep the videoes coming
John Benedetta
West Palm Beach, Fl.

Blackdevil77
07-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Just watched the whole video also. Awesome video Dave, keep them coming, I keep learning from these videos, great stuff

BAJohn1954
07-23-2011, 02:34 AM
Hey Dave,
I forgot to say, our food was Capacoli and Salomi Sandwiches and homemade Dego Red.

PittPyro
07-23-2011, 05:21 AM
wow.. what a show...nice video Dave

thanks for sharing as always

Blackdevil77
07-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Dave quick question. I like the way that show flowed. About how long did it last and how many shells did they use?

oldfart
07-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Great show. It is interesting how states vary in regards to rules. Mainly rack construction and safety gear.

Oldfart

paja4
07-25-2011, 03:22 AM
I never received a link also. Look forward to viewing..............

PyroJoeNEPA
07-25-2011, 09:58 AM
Hey Dave,
I forgot to say, our food was Capacoli and Salomi Sandwiches and homemade Dego Red.

Music to my ears!!!

shellshocker
07-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Dave quick question. I like the way that show flowed. About how long did it last and how many shells did they use?

I don't remember the total shell count but two of us shot continuous for a half hour.

Blackdevil77
07-27-2011, 09:30 AM
I don't remember the total shell count but two of us shot continuous for a half hour.

Yeah I noticed that, looked like a hell of a show! Do you remember how many shells in the finale? It looked like the finale jumped, but still awesome regardless.

shellshocker
07-28-2011, 06:20 AM
Yeah I noticed that, looked like a hell of a show! Do you remember how many shells in the finale? It looked like the finale jumped, but still awesome regardless.

I don't remember the total but you are correct about the finale jumping. About the 3rd rack in and it jumped right to 4 36 shot salute boxes. I've always liked the idea of tarps covering the finale but that show is a good argument for covering with foil. That finale should have been at least three times as long. The covering was taken off of the salute boxes and that is where it jumped to.

Blackdevil77
07-28-2011, 06:37 AM
I don't remember the total but you are correct about the finale jumping. About the 3rd rack in and it jumped right to 4 36 shot salute boxes. I've always liked the idea of tarps covering the finale but that show is a good argument for covering with foil. That finale should have been at least three times as long. The covering was taken off of the salute boxes and that is where it jumped to.

Yeah looks like the aluminum foil would of definitely come in handy. It was still an awesome finale, and the crowd sounded like they loved it so definitely a success :)