PDA

View Full Version : Inventory ledger for ATF type 54 requirements

shake the cove
11-19-2016, 04:27 PM
I received my type 54 license this past July. The ATF requires a log of product going in and out,and of course a weekly inspection of the explosive container.
what type of ?ledger /logbook do people use? I know there are computer type software out there but I am Leary about crashing or deleting on my computer.

displayfireworks1
11-19-2016, 08:08 PM
I hope the people that sell the magazine software read your post. They are missing the boat by not being part of my website and the ever growing numbers of advanced fireworks enthusiast. While some software already out there can be used for recording keeping, it lacks the ability to lock the record and prevent back dating and deleting. The ATF will not accept just any computer record keeping. I am not sure what volume of in and out activity you doing in your magazine , are just simple hand written records not adequate.

shake the cove
11-20-2016, 10:29 PM
Thanks Dave. By the way I got MY ATF license by ordering your DVD and paperwork that came with it maybe 3-4 years ago. Life got in the way till all came together this year.
I know if I had cakes in inventory easy for an in an out record, but if I order a case of 3" shells 72 count I might use 20-30 a year. Most of wholesalers sell by case lot but I will make my first purchase after seeing the Lynch demos next year. Keeping track of shells once not a whole case, then its harder. I wonder if an accounting ledger or similar is what others use . Just trolling for suggestions.By the way only plan on $1000-$1500 mostly 1.3 and some 1.4 next year anyway.

Bazerk
11-21-2016, 12:30 AM
I'll see you st the Lynch demo. The wife and I are driving up from FL to catch it in April. Maybe Dave will come so I can actually meet the dude.

shake the cove
11-26-2016, 10:00 AM
I hope to make both days of Lynches demo but definetly the 1.3 and retake the PGI course if they offer it again. I first took it in 1995. Hope weather is better. Was rainy last 2 years and cold for somebody from Tennessee. You Florida guys would understand.

shake the cove
11-27-2016, 10:51 AM
just got the fireworks business newsletter from AFN and the 2017 demo is April 29th. Looks like they are having both 1.3 and 1.4 same nite this time