PDA

View Full Version : You Know You Are A Pyro When-----------

PyroJoeNEPA
07-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Hard to believe no one has started this thread here yet, so here goes-------

You Know You Are A Pyro When-----------

You hear a truck back fire & you look up & scan the sky.

You always have a lighter with you & you don't smoke.

Whenever you hear a new song you automatically make notes where the firing ques should go.

You check the market price on HDPE before your stock portfolio.

Everything in your house is patched with "Dave's Magic Tape".

You have next year's July 4th. show semi-planned before you shoot this year's.

Your wife knows better than to ask you "What Kind of Cake Do You Want For Your Birthday?".

You dream of taking an apprenticeship in Malta.

crackerbomb
07-18-2011, 07:06 PM
You could also add this to your list. You know when you are a pyro when you use the paper wrapping off of your consumer cakes to make your own wall paper in your family room. lol

Palermitano2
07-18-2011, 07:23 PM
You give up cigarettes in exchange for a bigger pyro budget.......

J's12talk
07-18-2011, 09:27 PM
you use all of your vacation days for pyro related events.

tennpyro1
07-19-2011, 07:43 AM
I'm the one that uses all vacation for pyro related events there's never enuf vacation time

Palermitano2
07-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Your at a party and someone shoots something off at a distance and everyone looks at you and says they are calling you out....

Ralph
07-19-2011, 09:36 AM
The most fool proof way of identifying a pyro is to ask him/her to blow their nose if the tissue has jet black snot on it you have a pyro

you know your a pyro when:

your the only person that has walked into a craft store asking for natural twines, craft paper beeing told that they have none but still left with some 2" tubes that fabric comes on
you have more than your body weight in KNO3 but only grow a few plants
Your friends are allways reluctant to enter your shed but love to go camping with you
when you see a fire truck pass and have a mini heart attack
you slow down while driving at every willow tree you see growing to see how accessible it is
You think the smell of burnt black powder is the smell of victory and smells nothing like rotten eggs
when you think cake frosting dosnt even cross your mind
your seem to take allot of videos of dark sky (as in the little pic that you see before selecting the video)
you have atleast 1 lighter and 1 box of matches in the car, a reusable match on your keychain generally a jet lighter in your pocket too but have never smoked
if you see green string (like the dyed jute often used by gardeners) you immediately assume its visco
you can bore people to death by opening your mouth yet when a bunch of pyros get together you can talk for a whole day
you wash your hands before going to the toilet
the word fire would wake you from a coma and make you run and check the shed
you know that not all charcoal was created equally
work wonders why you want the 1/2" thick walled tubes that the recipt paper comes on

indianahx
07-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Your at a party and someone shoots something off at a distance and everyone looks at you and says they are calling you out....

This is me....for some reason everyone assumes I'm always packing hdpe and shells....

blown2bits
07-19-2011, 10:49 AM
1) you convince a homeless man to give you money for a case of pyro!
2)when a beautiful woman in a bikini walks in front of you and you think, huh... haven't I seen her on a cake somewhere?
3)your significant other gets upset when you spend more than your budget (this is now a tradition at my home).

Palermitano2
07-19-2011, 11:04 AM
This is me....for some reason everyone assumes I'm always packing hdpe and shells....

or They ask you what was that shell....like you might know at that distance...

californiapyro
07-19-2011, 11:54 AM
i sense a book coming on...

PyroJoeNEPA
07-19-2011, 12:32 PM
---You hire a videographer to video your shoot [Way to go WPMAN321!!!]

Palermitano2
07-19-2011, 01:37 PM
your wife says ok Dave whenever you mention fireworks....and thats not your name...lol

PyroJoeNEPA
07-19-2011, 02:18 PM
You use more acronyms than words when talking with fellow pyro's==NOAB, WOB, SNM, XCAL.....

You can't go to Home Depot or Lowe's without going to the "scrap lumber" section before you look at anything else.

You can't go to Home Depot or Lowe's without buying a couple extra tubes of Liquid Nails

You think of Dave's Magic Tape every time you see a UHaul truck or trailer & make a mental note to order another 10 rolls.

Palermitano2
07-19-2011, 10:03 PM
You use more acronyms than words when talking with fellow pyro's==NOAB, WOB, SNM, XCAL.....

You can't go to Home Depot or Lowe's without going to the "scrap lumber" section before you look at anything else.

You can't go to Home Depot or Lowe's without buying a couple extra tubes of Liquid Nails
You think of Dave's Magic Tape every time you see a UHaul truck or trailer & make a mental note to order another 10 rolls.

LMAO It is a sickness and I love it...

PyroJoeNEPA
07-25-2011, 02:17 PM
----You won't look down into your coffee cup because it reminds you of a 3" mortar.

Palermitano2
07-26-2011, 01:50 PM
July 4th = Dec 25th only in the summer......

tennpyro1
07-26-2011, 03:41 PM
You know when your a pyro when the bomb squad uses your clothing to train the dogs to identifi the different chemicals smells

StigMatic
08-03-2011, 11:40 PM
When you watch chinese firework shows at 4am.

Pyro Nation
08-03-2011, 11:54 PM
When ya search and watch for firework videos of all kinds and watching them over and over and over and over...lol...

When you check out vendors website for different products and whats in stock at times

PyroJoeNEPA
08-04-2011, 10:28 AM
-----when you come here to see what is new before you check your business or personal emails.

Palermitano2
08-04-2011, 01:45 PM
When ya search and watch for firework videos of all kinds and watching them over and over and over and over...lol...

When you check out vendors website for different products and whats in stock at times

At Times ???? Try multiple times Daily I know my wholesalers sight better then he does....LMAO

houseoffire72
08-06-2011, 12:09 PM
LOL thats happened to me

westcoastpyro
09-19-2011, 09:51 AM
When you are thinking about a 2000+ mile road trip just to get the best fireworks. I have it mapped already lol

PyroJoeNEPA
01-25-2012, 05:26 PM
When you go to the Chinese Buffet for Chinese New Year [last sunday] & wish them Happy New Year....they look at you in amazement & ask how you know that--simple answer--love of fireworks and the people that make them!!! Owner comes out to meet you!!!

PyroJoeNEPA
03-25-2012, 03:55 PM
"Nitrates in Salami" does not remind you in any way of Lunch Meat.

PennPyro70
03-25-2012, 04:30 PM
when ur girlfriend gets you a pyrotalk t-shirt for valentines day cuz she knew how much u wanted one haha

deeks
03-27-2012, 10:26 PM
when you wake up in the middle of the night and can still smell black powder
when anyone within a mile of you makes a boom the neighbors call the cops on you
when your friends come over everyday and the first words out of their mouths are"what are we blowing up today?" guess that would explain the last one.

PyroJoeNEPA
04-09-2012, 01:48 PM
.....when you have to do a "sweep" of the back field to check for spent pyro casings before you can hide the Easter Eggs for your grand kids!

...when your wife sees you walking out the field in the back and hollers out "you better not make any more holes in the grass!"
.... followed by " is that one going to be loud?"

BTW--my grand kids found 48 Easter Eggs, a couple pieces of bird poop, & NO pyro related remnants!!!

rcerone1979
04-10-2012, 01:46 PM
When you quick match together your birthday candles so they all light at once. lol.

PennPyro70
09-22-2012, 11:40 PM
When u hav a show canceled 10 min b4 shoot time and u get that blue ball feeling!! :D

copper acetoarsenite
09-22-2012, 11:42 PM
when your always looking at scrap wood and paper and wondering if it could be useful, to you in some way...lol

pyrotechnix636
09-24-2012, 05:49 PM
When every time you see a Budget truck you look for it to have 1.3g placards and if it does you follow it to see where it's going.

Backyard Pyro
09-25-2012, 01:05 AM
You start building racks for next 4th the day after the fourth.
You go on a family trip and check if theres a firerwork store near by.
You always buy more than you should way way over lol. I know I do.
You try to create a hybrid firework. Incorporating 2 fireworks in 1 lol. always trying

Backyard Pyro
09-25-2012, 01:07 AM

Dude all the friggen time!!! Thats become a job lol!!

Pyro Nation
09-25-2012, 01:11 AM
When ya look at different websites like COBRA or Kneppys 700 times day seeing if anything new came out even though ya know there isnt..LOL

PyroManiacs
09-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Dude all the friggen time!!! Thats become a job lol!!

But thats a job you dont mind doin!

Backyard Pyro
09-25-2012, 08:32 PM
When you go into a firework store and make sure you literally spend every dollar in your pocket on fireworks. To the last dime lol That was me today had 260 bought exactly 260 lol

Backyard Pyro
09-25-2012, 08:33 PM
But thats a job you dont mind doin!

Not at all!!!!

PyroManiacs
09-25-2012, 09:04 PM
When every time you see a Budget truck you look for it to have 1.3g placards and if it does you follow it to see where it's going.

AGREED!!!

....when you get upset because theres no 1.3G placard on a budget truck. haha

hatsgoods
09-26-2012, 09:31 AM
when you see a box of wires an switches and think hey i can make fireing system out of that and if someone has a one inch shell and you think that isnt nada

PyroJoeNEPA
09-26-2012, 11:29 AM
When you take a break from your star making projects to see if you can develop an air freshener for your SUV that smells like burnt gun powder.

Kev in Ky
09-26-2012, 04:18 PM
When you read through 5 pages of a thread entitled "You know you are a pyro when...." and you still want more.

kitsune
09-26-2012, 07:51 PM
You get that itchy trigger finger when it's not *quite* dark enough to shoot (experienced multiple instances of that this past weekend). :)

Whenever you hear a new song you automatically make notes where the firing ques should go.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who does this! :D

Vavoom
10-02-2012, 04:23 PM
This reminds me of the old days :)

I still know a few by heart.
- if you look lustfully at every cardboard tube, except perhaps the toilet paper roll
- if you know the heat of decomposition of potassium perchlorate
- if between the "Ooohhs" and "Aaahhs" during a display you ever found yourself commenting "5 inch colour changing saturn with double petal"
- if you've ever disassembled a perfectly good firework
- if in the last election you wrote in "Shimizu"
- if you've ever watched the mortars during a display rather than the aerial breaks
- if, while at work, you've ever doodled on a notepad a tool, composition or assembly diagram

etc, etc....

copper acetoarsenite
10-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Actually I've wondered a long time if toilet paper rolls could be used for some type of shell or mine- just never tried it...:-) The great Dr. Shimizu is in pyro heaven...so we can no longer vote for him RIP
From Shimizu's FAST the heat of decomposition of KCLO4--->KCl +2O2+0.68 Kcal/mole...:-)

kitsune
10-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Actually I've wondered a long time if toilet paper rolls could be used for some type of shell or mine- just never tried it...:-)

I've wondered the same thing (more along the line of a 1.75"-ish mine). :) You'd be amazed what you can make work. I discovered that an old Gatorade bottle makes a great on-the-fly case-former for 3" mines.

copper acetoarsenite
10-03-2012, 07:38 PM
LOL great minds think a like...we pyros can make anything blow up it seems!..hehehe

edit:
funny thread--love it!

Backyard Pyro
10-03-2012, 08:26 PM
When you have to break out the tape measure and measure space to try and fit all the pyro in your garage that you just bought at the store lol. That's me right now

copper acetoarsenite
10-03-2012, 09:54 PM
When you know the correct 'Nouns of Assembly'...i.e
Rockets are fired in Flights
Shells fired in Salvoes
Roman Candles, Meteors, Mines and Comets fired in Batteries
:-D

smilli
10-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Very nice Thread guys, keep them coming!

tntrealty1
10-10-2012, 04:05 PM
When you tell your wife you, "just need to pick up some odds and ends to finish wiring up the 4th shoot" and she takes the credit cards out of your wallet.