PDA

View Full Version : Series Linking Issue - Help required

edesbois
10-24-2016, 08:10 AM
Morning all,

I tested 3 roman candles this weekend and two small cakes. Both were series linked and fired off cue 1 and cue 2 on the 12 cue firing system I have. Each one used ematch inserted into a 5cm piece of quick match that was then connected to the visco fuse on each firework.

The issue was that although they all fired, in both instances the firework on the left fired first, then the middle one and then the right one. We're talking only a 1-2 seconds delay on each but it was annoying that it my eyes it was noticeable enough. Next months bonfire night shoot, will have 3-4 cakes per cue going up and as these are considerably more expensive than simple test roman candles, I really want to get your advice as to why this delay might have happened?

Reasons I can think of:
- Batteries need changing
- The shooting wire was a little cheap (I have ordered heavy duty one for the night itself)
- Firing system isn't powerful enough
- Simple chance (I have another 7 candles that I will be testing as well)

Also did they fire left to right as thats the direction of the electrical current?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Ed

displayfireworks1
10-24-2016, 09:51 AM
I believe in the UK you can purchase electric match with restriction. Get a awl tool and make a small hole into the lift charge area of the fireworks device you want to shoot, place the electric match head directly into the lift charge. You should get better timing this way. Quick match on top of Visco does not always give you instant firing. That is my take on it.

PYRODAN
10-24-2016, 12:08 PM
I agree with Dave. Put e match right into the fuse hole after you open it up. (Plenty of videos on how to do that here and on youtube.) If you can not get e match, get the fire wire initiators. I have used them with no problems.

displayfireworks1
10-24-2016, 12:34 PM
Here is at least one video of me doing it with an artillery shell. I know they do not sell these in the UK but you will at least understand the concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZthkPvKrDY
Also, I have an entire video page on pyrotalk dedicated to fireworks projects. Check it out.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/fireworks-projects.php

edesbois
10-24-2016, 01:33 PM
Spot on thanks for this gents... I have seen this done before on YT but never actually done it. Thanks for getting back to me, great video as well Dave.