PDA

View Full Version : Interesting LED Cobra find

displayfireworks1
09-24-2016, 08:23 PM
I accidentally discovered this while trying out some LED light with the Cobra. Not sure what to make of it so I decided to post it unlisted on the forums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3geg8huVs78

ras1986
09-24-2016, 09:13 PM
Led or light emitting diodes only work one direction. The anode and cathode side have to be hooked to their proper polarity to work. Positive and negative side. You will see that every led has one long leg. This is your polarity denotation. Maybe all of the row 3 every led was backwards. If you take a digital multimeter and test an led in continuity mode it will light the led.... if connected the right way. The less are blowing because they are only rated to work on 3 volts not 18.

topshelfpyro
09-25-2016, 12:38 PM
The LEDs flash because of a small current passing thru so that the system can "see" when something is connected. My fireTEKs do the same thing until I arm the system and then they stop flashing in sequence. Get some higher voltage LED and you will not burn them out when you fire tests. I really dont like using LEDs since they do not show up for cont tests, I switched to standard bulbs.