PDA

View Full Version : Question for Cobra owners...about FireTek

Butterman900
09-02-2016, 11:50 PM
Alright guys I am ready to make the jump to a high end firing system from my tried and trusty import systems. I have been researching for weeks and narrowed to to either Cobra or Firetek. That said I have decided to go with the firetek I think but I wanted to ask you guys that have been running cobra if you could talk me into a cobra instead of the firetek. I ask because I have never shot either system and can only base my opinion on the features vs price end of things and want to make sure that I am not missing something with my decision.

If anybody has the firetek please jump in as well.

Thanks pyros.

Bazerk
09-03-2016, 09:30 AM
What sold you on the firetek over the cobra in the first place? From there, I may be able to touch on somethings you haven't thought of yet.

Butterman900
09-03-2016, 10:30 AM
Well several things. I like the 48 cue vs 18 is huge. I like the slats on the very cheap cat6 cable with the ability to clone cues with a splitter. I like that I can get the whole system in one pelican case, remote. Several mods, and batteries. I like the multiple control options. And I like that with a wireless system with the remote I can have audio box and still shoot the system without having to buy separate 350 buck audio box. Overall I guess I feel I am getting more value for capabilities per dollar spent than with the cobra.

I guess that's why I asking the question is it almost seems too good to be true. Obviously firetek is fairly new to market but from here forward I can't really see why anyone would choose cobra over firetek going forward??

fireTEK
09-03-2016, 05:55 PM
Well several things. I like the 48 cue vs 18 is huge. I like the slats on the very cheap cat6 cable with the ability to clone cues with a splitter. I like that I can get the whole system in one pelican case, remote. Several mods, and batteries. I like the multiple control options. And I like that with a wireless system with the remote I can have audio box and still shoot the system without having to buy separate 350 buck audio box. Overall I guess I feel I am getting more value for capabilities per dollar spent than with the cobra.

I guess that's why I asking the question is it almost seems too good to be true. Obviously firetek is fairly new to market but from here forward I can't really see why anyone would choose cobra over firetek going forward??

I know sounds too good to be true but it is true. You can find on this forum and the other forums clients feedback regarding our system. I can guarantee the system really works like we advertise it. And with the new FTH-48Fx module you do not need anymore external batteries because now it has it built in.
Any question you may have regarding the fireTEK system please let me know. I will answer it in maximum 24 hours (normally in minutes).

PGH_Pyro
09-03-2016, 09:07 PM
from what i can see, continuity checking is much faster/easier with FireTek .

displayfireworks1
09-04-2016, 12:02 AM
I have a FireTEK pyromusical video we just did at my Sportsman Club picnic that will eventually post. It was over 700 ques. If you or anyone is interested in one of these FireTEK system i would suggest to order directly from FireTEK or xfxpyro.com here in United States. XFX is not only selling the system they are living it and using it. I am trying to show as much information I can about the systems that are out there. I slowly getting video out there.

Westpapyro
09-04-2016, 01:52 AM
Seams a little unusual to have a thread that your members are stating an opinion against each of your two major firing system advertisers. Even if you're stating facts or just an opinion, it comes off as bashing one side or another? Witch will hurt one of your advertisers!

I think the op should just buy the system he wants, and I'm 90 percent sure they will love that system no matter witch one they choose?
As you know I'm a Cobra shooter and you couldn't pay me to switch right now, but I'm sure if I was a FireTek shooter I'd be saying the same thing.
Chuck

Butterman900
09-04-2016, 02:36 AM
West, I feel your post was directed more at Dave than me but I want to be clear on my opinion and what I was wanting from this thread. I think that both systems are great and I would be, like you said to be proud to own either or prefably both because I sure that each as its unquie advantages and will outshine the other in certain applications. That said number one if I was sure about which system I wanted I would just buy that one. The fact is I am on the fence, currently leaning towards the firetek, but on the fence still and was seeking information from guys like you that have shot one or both systems. Looking for the boots on the ground report so to speak, for the info not listed on the manufacturers webpage. In all honestly for the last two years I have been dreaming and coveting a cobra, outright jealous of you guys that had them. But when I started researching one more time before I purchased I started liking the firetek. And that is why I said it seems to be good to be true, not that I think the tek won't do what it says it will, only that I was so set on a cobra and then this changed my mind and I guess I don't want to be caught up in a get the latest and greatest purchase and regret it later. But those regrets can only be learned from buying something which is why I wanted to hear from the guys that had bought something.

Also I think the advertisers understand when they sign on that Dave promotes more than one brand of about everything. I think that's part of why I respect him and his opinions because he is not shoving cobra or anything else down my throat because they sponsor him to. I thought this kind of discussion was what this forum was about. If your theory is true then Dave should remove every thread titled "cobra problem, please help".

Sorry for the rant, I appreciate your reply all the same West.

Mike

Seams a little unusual to have a thread that your members are stating an opinion against each of your two major firing system advertisers. Even if you're stating facts or just an opinion, it comes off as bashing one side or another? Witch will hurt one of your advertisers!

I think the op should just buy the system he wants, and I'm 90 percent sure they will love that system no matter witch one they choose?
As you know I'm a Cobra shooter and you couldn't pay me to switch right now, but I'm sure if I was a FireTek shooter I'd be saying the same thing.
Chuck

displayfireworks1
09-04-2016, 10:57 PM
I have years worth of Cobra videos for enthusiast to reference, i am trying to get out more video of FireTEK and Mongoose. These companies want me to get information out on what they have to offer. These newer firing systems want exposure. One of my other advertisers is selling the FireTEK. I am trying to balance all of this. I keep getting email from people that want to buy one of these systems but don't know which way to go.
I am current uploading a basic explanation video of the Mongoose system, that system was used to shoot the JPA show at the PGI, I did not get pyro headquarters video on that system because of issues with the PGI safety. I do have complete video of the FireTEK setup and shoot of a pyro-musical I just need to edit and post.
This a great time for us, there are multiple advancing fireworks enthuist out there. Many are ATF licensed, non-regulated match is available if needed, these systems are reasonably priced considering all that they can do. I am personally glad to be part of it all. I just keep kicking out informative videos about all of this. I know it is hard decision to pick a direct in this category, i am trying to help.

IPyro
09-06-2016, 08:09 AM
Butterman, I understand exactly what you are going through. I myself will graduate to one of these two systems for next season. I wish these systems were more like a car dealership. Wouldn't it be nice if you could test drive one for a couple days to get that hands on feeling of which to purchase. Most likely the first to do that would be at the top of my list. If not I'm just about to the point of flipping a coin as they both appear to be out standing.

Westpapyro
09-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Butterman, I understand exactly what you are going through. I myself will graduate to one of these two systems for next season. I wish these systems were more like a car dealership. Wouldn't it be nice if you could test drive one for a couple days to get that hands on feeling of which to purchase. Most likely the first to do that would be at the top of my list. If not I'm just about to the point of flipping a coin as they both appear to be out standing.
Are you going to the Fireart demo?

UniversalPyro
09-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Actually how much of a fireworks system will you purchase? Have you researched the pricing?

Butterman900
09-07-2016, 05:35 PM
West-- not sure if you were asking me or universal but no I am not going to the fire art. Too far from ky to PA.

Universal---the actually how much I am going to buy will be determined by the pricing. And yes I have the price list from firetek as well as spoke with Ralph from Xpxpyro who his sending me their prices as well as some info and thresh holds to try and possibly organize a group buy on this forum.

I hope to start with the remote and two mods if I can which would give me potential for over two hundred cues with split rails and 96 uniques. I plan to start a new thread for the group buy when I get all the ducks in a row with Ralph. Actual numbers for prices I will probaly keep in PMs just cause.

clr8ter
10-29-2016, 04:44 PM
I own COBRA, and I have a friend that owns FireTek.
My opinions; COBRA is the easier/cheaper buy-in. 600 bucks will get you started. (18R2 & 1 Mod) I feel it's also simpler, and how easy does checking continuity have to be? It's a simple button push from either the mod or remote...COBRA also puts most everything in there from the start. There are few choices, making is easy to understand what you're buying.

FireTek; more powerful, and more options. Also more complicated, both in use, and purchasing decisions. There are (I feel) too many hard to understand choices to make when buying, and almost all seem to be a price add-on. And the stuff seems pricey. Also, note that you have to have a separate exterior power pack. I saw my friend's show recently almost squashed because the power connector failed. And my biggest point...why buy a wireless system that needs cables. Isn't the point of wireless supposed to be, uh, wireless? I have also heard people question the ability of CAT5 to stand up to this use.

Anyway, if I had to do it again, I'd still pick COBRA. Though, I do wish Scott would make with some upgrades and new products...

fireTEK
10-30-2016, 08:05 PM
I own COBRA, and I have a friend that owns FireTek.
My opinions; COBRA is the easier/cheaper buy-in. 600 bucks will get you started. (18R2 & 1 Mod) I feel it's also simpler, and how easy does checking continuity have to be? It's a simple button push from either the mod or remote...COBRA also puts most everything in there from the start. There are few choices, making is easy to understand what you're buying.

FireTek; more powerful, and more options. Also more complicated, both in use, and purchasing decisions. There are (I feel) too many hard to understand choices to make when buying, and almost all seem to be a price add-on. And the stuff seems pricey. Also, note that you have to have a separate exterior power pack. I saw my friend's show recently almost squashed because the power connector failed. And my biggest point...why buy a wireless system that needs cables. Isn't the point of wireless supposed to be, uh, wireless? I have also heard people question the ability of CAT5 to stand up to this use.

Anyway, if I had to do it again, I'd still pick COBRA. Though, I do wish Scott would make with some upgrades and new products...

I am sure you are happy with your Cobra but I want to clarify some aspects regarding the fireTEK.

Also more complicated, both in use, and purchasing decisions. There are (I feel) too many hard to understand choices to make when buying, and almost all seem to be a price add-on. And the stuff seems pricey.
Even the basic version it offers everything Cobra has plus some more. Only with one basic module at $699 ($624 XFX group buy) you have 48 channels with down to 1ms step. With this module at $624 you can fire 48 independent channels: manual, step, Sequences, fully automatic using computer via USB, Smartphone via Bluetooth, Panel buttons or you can make even a pyromusical using Time code or computer. More of that can be used as stepper and controlled by a Cobra system via External trigger.

In my opinion if a system offers more options to add and ways to control it does not make it more complicated... it is more flexible. If your phone has possibility to install more applications does not means it is more complicated... after all it is your decision what to install and use. If a car offers more options where you can choose from means it is more complicated to drive? On fireTEK options come in packs and are explained and if you have questions you can ask us so I do not think it is so hard to check what you need and choose.

If you have a FTM-99 controller you can fire almost in exactly the same way like you fire with Cobra or any other firing system so it is no more complicated. Even with Smartphone application or computer software it is very easy to fire manual or automatic.

You say those stuffs are pricey? Can you be more specific? Do you think is pricey $999 ($880 XFX group buy) for a module with: GPS (unique in this industry), DMX (unique in this industry), Wireless (mesh up to 18 miles), Bluetooth, External trigger, USB, Internal battery and more? Can you give me an example with at least 2-3 of this options cheaper?

Also, note that you have to have a separate exterior power pack
Now the new FTH-48Fx has internal Li-po battery 14.8V@1000mAh (like Cobra) but still offers the external power possibility.

And my biggest point...why buy a wireless system that needs cables. Isn't the point of wireless supposed to be, uh, wireless? I have also heard people question the ability of CAT5 to stand up to this use.

The igniters are connected to the system wireless? In this industry cables can not be fully removed and at least for medium shows cables combined with rails are very useful (it is one of the reason also Cobra offers this option). What are advantages when are used rails with cables?
- possibility to safely connect the igniters offsite (very useful when it is very cold or very hot) -> save time
- to place the module which is more expensive in a safety place without using longer igniters -> save money
- to be able to fast easy split the rails for fronts - > save money and time

Why UTP? Because are cheap and easy to find local. Also can be found from the cheapest ones to the industrial grade ones including fire, water and shock protections. More of that in maximum 5 minutes anyone you can add the connector on it. Also there it is no bullet proof cables so why you use an expensive and hard to find cable?

clr8ter
10-30-2016, 10:44 PM
I'm simply giving my impressions of the way I see it. From what I understand, not everyone needs all those options, and I wouldn't want to pay for an option I didn't need, because I didn't understand it when I bought it.
On the cables; With FireTek, you MUST use cables, no? With COBRA, it's an option.
Also, the pricing isn't on the site. Why? When shopping, I want to see pricing right there, not to have to e-mail to get a separate price list. It's annoying.
OK, so there is now an internal battery option. But what about all the people who already have external only mods? They're still susceptible without stocking parts.

fireTEK
10-31-2016, 06:16 AM
I'm simply giving my impressions of the way I see it. From what I understand, not everyone needs all those options, and I wouldn't want to pay for an option I didn't need, because I didn't understand it when I bought it.

When you buy something (anything) I am sure you will read and try to understand how it is used and if you need it. Regarding the fireTEK... the only options you have to choose are: DMX (for flames, CO2 and other DMX devices), 2 wires (there are people who didn't trust wireless or have shows where wireless can be jammed) and GPS (for time start trigger and perfect synchronization on huge displays). Do you still think it is so hard to understand and choose what options do you need? Some of the options comes in standard(like Time code, External trigger, Bluetooth)... so you didn't pay extra for them. Do not forget the price per cue it is cheap even on full options.

On the cables; With FireTek, you MUST use cables, no? With COBRA, it's an option.
As I told you before any firing system must use cables... igniters are not wireless. Also on fireTEK you can also choose FTH-48Fx module with 2 rails (24 channels) on it. Some people prefer connectors direct on the module(especially for small shows) ... some prefer rails connected via cables.

Also, the pricing isn't on the site. Why? When shopping, I want to see pricing right there, not to have to e-mail to get a separate price list. It's annoying.
It is our marketing strategy not to make an online store yet and ask for the clients email for price list.

OK, so there is now an internal battery option. But what about all the people who already have external only mods? They're still susceptible without stocking parts.
For the new modules there is no internal battery options, there it is built in and it is standard. We have few hundred modules with external battery in use but it is the first time when I heard about the power connector problem and from a guy who did not have the system. With Cobra you need to make stock on 9V batteries (big potential of failure if the battery has low quality or low charge level) and if you do not see a problem with this why to have a problem with have one power connector as spare part?

I repeat myself... I am sure you made a good choice with your Cobra system and it is more suitable for your needs but to make an opinion about other system you must use it first and try to understand it and use it. Even you will understand it there is a possibility not to like it but this not means can not liked by others. In my opinion there is no perfect system or liked by everyone.

clr8ter
10-31-2016, 07:33 AM
I never said it cannot be used and liked by others. My friend has one and is happy with it. That's fine for him.

Just because you put your pricing on the site, does not mean you're running a store.

What difference does it make that I don't own it? I saw with my own 2 eyes the connector failure. I have also on 2 occasions been there when he was using it. Wr talked about it and fiddled with it. I still don't completely get it.

Obviously, the COBRA uses wires (on the matches) like any system. I'm talking about the addition of more cables after that.

I'm not really trying to be argumentative, just trying to point out things as I se them, for a new buyer to consider.

cptnding
10-31-2016, 09:26 PM
I am trying to decide on a firing system myself.
Does the Firetek have a warranty? I see no mention of one on the website. And no mention of customer support. The website shows a US distributor but on the google map below the address is looks like a house in a subdivision. Do they provide warranty and support here in the US?
I am also curious where it is manufactured. Romania maybe?
Sorry for questions if I missed the obvious answer. The capabilities and range of the Firetek is very interesting to me.
Either system is going to run in to thousands of $$ for me so I want to make sure I know what I'm getting into.

fireTEK
10-31-2016, 09:58 PM
I am trying to decide on a firing system myself. Does the Firetek have a warranty?
I see no mention of one on the website. And no mention of customer support. The website shows a US distributor but on the google map below the address is looks like a house in a subdivision. Do they provide warranty and support here in the US?

Our official US distributor it is XFX pyrotechnics. We offer 3 years warranty with US support (you do not need to ship back to Romania). We also offer support from Romania 24/7 via phone and we answer on your email in maximum 8 hours 24/7(usually in less than 1 hour).

I am also curious where it is manufactured. Romania maybe?
Yes, in Romania.

cptnding
10-31-2016, 10:44 PM
Our official US distributor it is XFX pyrotechnics. We offer 3 years warranty with US support (you do not need to ship back to Romania). We also offer support from Romania 24/7 via phone and we answer on your email in maximum 8 hours 24/7(usually in less than 1 hour).

Yes, in Romania.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

liame
10-31-2016, 11:24 PM
iv got to say on of the things i love about firetek is there speedy response to questions. Im not knocking cobra but i havnt seen a single comment from anyone representing their company here (forum) just users.

Bazerk
11-01-2016, 08:23 AM
iv got to say on of the things i love about firetek is there speedy response to questions. Im not knocking cobra but i havnt seen a single comment from anyone representing their company here (forum) just users.

When I send emails to Scott (The owner of cobra) he replys to me within a couple hours. Im not suggesting that you should base your purchase on that as I know both companies have great customer service, but at the same time, I dont think Cobra should be penalized for not moderating these forums.

clr8ter
11-01-2016, 08:25 AM
Scott (the owner of COBRA), hands out his personal cell number to be used 24/7. You can call him directly for technical support. I have had a multiple e-mail conversation with him on several occasions on a Sunday evening. He tends to be more active on the Pyrofan forum. In general, their customer service is considered excellent.

Pyro Paul
11-01-2016, 09:01 PM
I'm getting a cobra for Christmas!!! :D Santa Claus done said she was getting me one, Cause I done did told her thats what I wanted and I'm totally worth it. What can I say... She loves me LOL. The main reason I chose the cobra was there are countless vids on capability, set up and ppl using it to fire their shows not to mention hearing about how they work with you when you burn up a mod... cough cough Crab cough. Nothing against fire tek, but to me it looks kind of complicated and confusing as opposed to cobra, address the module, hook the match to the cue, set the transmitter to the address and push the button for the cue you hooked the match to. I don't need to be all fancy schmansy when it comes to doing a backyard show. Besides, I like to have a little Jack Daniels while I'm working save for the moment of truth when the (expletive deleted) hits the fan and you're working feverishly to finish the set up and make sure everything is safe and that everyone else is having a good time and that the music is ready to go. I don't need complicated while I'm enjoying adult beverages in my shop while I'm fusing the cakes and finale chains together (1.4). Did I mention Santa is bringing me a cobra for Christmas? :D

PGH_Pyro
11-01-2016, 11:18 PM
...Firetek

pingufreak83
01-17-2017, 11:13 AM
Hello :),

I'm a new user here and from germany.

I know both systems in detail...

The firetek system has more technical features. The built itself is not so well compared to the Cobra. I feels more like a pilot for me, but this is my personal opinion. I like the sea horse cases and I like the very professional built (case etc.) of the Cobra devices.

But the most important points for me are the following:

I've made my own picture about both owners.

I know that Scott will support and upgrade the old devices as long as possible and provide new features to them. He does a lot for the customers in case of support and satisfaction. He answers very fast and short. I think he see's the Cobra company not only as a benefit product, it's his baby and he does a lot for it and he does more than other owners.

What I don't like from FireTek are the long discussions in the forums, to push and advertise irrelevant features to much (water proof etc.), the aggressive marketing and directly competing with Cobra and make discussions in public. Other companies like Explo or Galaxis don't need this! For the long-term support there is no experience, because it's a new device. Who knows how long the company will support the devices? How reliable are they in long-term? My Cobra runs since 4 years, I'm getting updates and I'm very happy. I don't need bluetooth, gps or the other stuff. I think a device in this dangerous area must be as simple as possible without irrelevant eye catchy features. The core function must be perfect and if you only take a look on this point, the Cobra wins.

If I would buy a new system, I would decide for Cobra again. If I would have the money, I would by a Galaxis. If I would have no fear about the missing CE and warranty, I would put together a SkyDirector.

Maybe I would give FireTek a chance if it's more stable on the market in a few years.

Bye

pingu

fireTEK
01-17-2017, 04:38 PM
Hello :),
I know both systems in detail...

The firetek system has more technical features. The built itself is not so well compared to the Cobra. I feels more like a pilot for me, but this is my personal opinion. I like the sea horse cases and I like the very professional built (case etc.) of the Cobra devices.

I do not think you know fireTEK in details because if you knew the fireTEK also has a module built in case with all connectors/buttons at military grade. We use Pelicase which does not go to fire like Seahorse does. Now even our compact model (FTH-48Fx) it is built from FR4 material which it is fire retardant and much stronger than a plastic case.
In my opinion it is not fair to say you know a system in details when it is not true. With Cobra you fire for 4 years... with fireTEK very possible you not fired at all... just only saw a module (I am sure about this because I know all my clients). Anyway, after all it is your choice what system fit your needs.

pingufreak83
01-18-2017, 05:09 AM
I do not think you know fireTEK in details because if you knew the fireTEK also has a module built in case with all connectors/buttons at military grade. We use Pelicase which does not go to fire like Seahorse does. Now even our compact model (FTH-48Fx) it is built from FR4 material which it is fire retardant and much stronger than a plastic case.
In my opinion it is not fair to say you know a system in details when it is not true. With Cobra you fire for 4 years... with fireTEK very possible you not fired at all... just only saw a module (I am sure about this because I know all my clients). Anyway, after all it is your choice what system fit your needs.

This post reflects exaclty what I've mentioned.

jr99svt
01-21-2017, 07:28 PM
I know that Scott will support and upgrade the old devices as long as possible and provide new features to them. He does a lot for the customers in case of support and satisfaction. He answers very fast and short. I think he see's the Cobra company not only as a benefit product, it's his baby and he does a lot for it and he does more than other owners.

Im A Cobra Owner. Very easy to use system. Have 30 Mods. There hasnt been a software update in almost 2 years. Last one in may of 2015. the new software has been going to be released in a few weeks for 15 months now. Customer support isnt always there at cobra. had show creator issues last june and it was 3 days before a response, (after the show). Thinking about changing directions and going with a new system.

PyroManiacs
01-22-2017, 02:45 AM
I've made my own picture about both owners.

And that's all they are buddy, "your own".

What gets me is that you started with a straight up negative review on fireTEK

THEN, they respond.

For some reason, YOU AGAIN, call them out as if they are not allowed to respond in a way you are ultimately going to disagree with.
Quite frankly, I dont see anything wrong with the way fireTEK responded to you.

There are other companies that make firing systems.... guess what....they are allowed to.

Honestly, Im not a fan of Cobra.....so many people having it, makes me NOT want it.

Pyro@Mach13
01-30-2017, 11:33 AM
Honestly, Im not a fan of Cobra...

Yeppers, that is obvious.... lol

Truth be told, I, as a purchasing manager for over 40 years, I have never seen a company with better customer support than Cobra.

fireTEK
01-30-2017, 11:44 AM
Truth be told, I, as a purchasing manager for over 40 years, I have never seen a company with better customer support than Cobra.

This means you did not see fireTEK. :)

Pyro@Mach13
01-30-2017, 02:25 PM
This means you did not see fireTEK. :)

No I have not, however just curious, do you as owner (I assume you are owner - you do not use your real name here) give your personal cell phone number to all your customers?

I have read about your product, yes, it is impressive. But that does not allow me to say what I said about Cobra's customer service - an absence of seeing yours does not change the fact of what I said.

fireTEK
01-30-2017, 02:40 PM
No I have not, however just curious, do you as owner (I assume you are owner - you do not use your real name here) give your personal cell phone number to all your customers?

YES... My personal number it is listed on the website and it is available for calls 24/7. Anyway I did not receive to many calls or requests for help. The system it is stable and does not generate unknown issues so 99.99% of the requests are simple questions so the clients use email/skype or facebook. In this case I answer in most of the cases in minutes and sometimes in hours (for sure less than 8).

I am sure Cobra has a great custom service too.

PyroManiacs
01-30-2017, 03:32 PM
Why does it seem like there is a sense of butthurt in the pyro industry that there is another firing system giving Cobra a run for its money?

Rick_In_Tampa
01-30-2017, 06:13 PM
Can't we all just get along? Opinions about ANYTHING are nothing more than subjective assessments based on your own experiences, perceptions, misperceptions, assumptions, etc. Everyone's opinion on anything is valid because it's their opinion. If you drive a Chevy that doesn't mean Ford's are junk. If you own a Firetek that doesn't mean that Cobra is junk. It just means we as people value different items differently. That's the beauty of being us, and the beauty of having options.

Imagine how miserable this world would be if the only flavor of ice cream was vanilla?!

pingufreak83
02-01-2017, 06:37 AM
Can't we all just get along? Opinions about ANYTHING are nothing more than subjective assessments based on your own experiences, perceptions, misperceptions, assumptions, etc. Everyone's opinion on anything is valid because it's their opinion. If you drive a Chevy that doesn't mean Ford's are junk. If you own a Firetek that doesn't mean that Cobra is junk. It just means we as people value different items differently. That's the beauty of being us, and the beauty of having options.

Imagine how miserable this world would be if the only flavor of ice cream was vanilla?!

Yes exactly! It's good to have the option to decide. And for me personally, the Cobra is better than the FireTek, because it's so simple and not full blown with irrelevant technical features. And I like the way Scott is managing his product. Regarding the firmware, yes it is really time to release version 5. I'm also waiting for it. But on the other hand, I don't have any issues at all with the current firmware. It's stable for me. I didn't have any software related issues with the Cobra. The only thing is that I would like to have a firmware which is not beta. If the version 4 is so stable, why not name it stable instead of release version 5.

And who knows how many of the users in the forums are advertising and pushing firetek... :p It's not only about the internet... I only know one company / friend which is using firetek intensively. I also worked for this company. But I also know maybe 20 guys (partly companies) who have a Cobra an who are very happy with it. If someone is blaming here about Cobra, it's maybe just 1 user of 1000.

fireTEK
02-01-2017, 07:41 AM
Yes exactly! It's good to have the option to decide. And for me personally, the Cobra is better than the FireTek, because it's so simple and not full blown with irrelevant technical features. And I like the way Scott is managing his product. Regarding the firmware, yes it is really time to release version 5. I'm also waiting for it. But on the other hand, I don't have any issues at all with the current firmware. It's stable for me. I didn't have any software related issues with the Cobra. The only thing is that I would like to have a firmware which is not beta. If the version 4 is so stable, why not name it stable instead of release version 5.

And who knows how many of the users in the forums are advertising and pushing firetek... :p It's not only about the internet... I only know one company / friend which is using firetek intensively. I also worked for this company. But I also know maybe 20 guys (partly companies) who have a Cobra an who are very happy with it. If someone is blaming here about Cobra, it's maybe just 1 user of 1000.

First of all I want to say it is your and anyone right to like a system or other... I am on this forum and others to present our system, what he can do, to answer to questions... which can be called promotion (it is nothing wrong with this as long everything I write it is true). In my opinion you are here only to blame fireTEK even you did not know it. What I can guarantee it is the fireTEK does not have any user on this forum or on any forum which is there to advertise our products. You are one of this guy?
Did you consider "full blown with irrelevant technical features" DMX output, Time code input/output, possibility to use 2 wires, wireless mesh (working with possibility to fire even without line of sight) possibility to use a firing module without a controller and even synchronize with any other firing system and more?

Why you did not write on this forum you contact me on email (I can share it if you want) you told me you like the system and you want to become a distributor. Even I give to you an offer for a system you insist you want for free (or almost) and you will help me on the forums and you will write good reviews. I was not agree and from then you write bad things about fireTEK on forums, facebook, youtube. Also in my opinion this account (teh same nick with the one youy use on the german pyro forum) was made especially to write bad things about fireTEK and it is clear because the first post was about the fireTEK. I am almost sure you did not work on a company which has and use fireTEK system. I am almost sure the only time when you saw the system was only our FTH-48E (our cheaper module which it is not produced anymore) module few minutes on pyroforum last year.

I will not answer anymore to your messages but I could not let you spread bad things about fireTEK only from revenge without the others who read those posts to know the truth.

PyroManiacs
02-02-2017, 12:28 AM
Well, that escalated quickly.

ilovecrackle
02-02-2017, 01:12 AM
Honestly, Im not a fan of Cobra.....so many people having it, makes me NOT want it.

I kinda understand what you mean. Probably one of the reasons I got rid of mine. lol

I personally am a big fan of the Bernzomatic TS4000. Always staying ahead of the industry in technological advances. :p

WPS firing systems
02-02-2017, 09:07 PM
There are so many choices now. It has become a form of religion...

Northern Sky
02-04-2017, 11:25 AM

If you have enough friends with the same system you can do displays that rival PGI displays or even do a display at PGI if they ever get their act together again.

That is one of the biggest reasons to buy one.

fireTEK
02-04-2017, 03:37 PM
If you have enough friends with the same system you can do displays that rival PGI displays or even do a display at PGI if they ever get their act together again.
That is one of the biggest reasons to buy one.

You can also do this with fireTEK even the other friends has otehr systems. fireTEK firing modules(without any controller) can be easy synchronized with any firing system using external trigger and with some others using Time code input or even output (fireTEK firing module can also generate time code not only read). More of that a fireTEK firing module has DMX output controlled by otehr firing system and it can control (again... without any special controller available) multiple flames, lights and other DMX devices... so with fireTEK firing system you can extend capabilities of the friends firing systems. All of this you can do it with only $925 from XFX pyro our official distributor form US. For this money you will receive a firing module with full option which means: 48 independent pyro channels, 128 DMX channels(DMX 512 standard), Wireless (mesh), Bluetooth for smartphone control, Time code input/output, GPS, LiPO rechargeable internal battery, and soon more... :)

cptnding
02-04-2017, 10:39 PM
I kinda understand what you mean. Probably one of the reasons I got rid of mine. lol

I personally am a big fan of the Bernzomatic TS4000. Always staying ahead of the industry in technological advances. :p

I recently got a Cobra system BUT I always have that Bernzo right by my side!

Pyro47240
02-21-2017, 12:24 PM
Im A Cobra Owner. Very easy to use system. Have 30 Mods. There hasnt been a software update in almost 2 years. Last one in may of 2015. the new software has been going to be released in a few weeks for 15 months now. Customer support isnt always there at cobra. had show creator issues last june and it was 3 days before a response, (after the show). Thinking about changing directions and going with a new system.

I totally disagree with this statement!!! Scott has always replied in a timely manner. Secondly, he actually gives you a direct telephone for 24 hour support. All I hear is about how he takes peoples calls minutes before their show and gets them going. It's very apparent you didn't use the resources provided to you. I am a Cobra user and a very happy one at that, have I had issues? Yes, but this is part of the learning curve with any system. So throwing Cobra firing systems under the bus due to your own failure to properly communicate is completely unfair! I have nothing against FireTek and I wish them all the luck in the industry and I even hope to see and experience using them someday. As a Pyro, I'm always open to trying new things... After all, it's about having fun, being happy with your decisions, and having good end results. Currently, I love what Scott and his team are doing, and the level of support they provide is top notch!!! 99.9% of his users will tell you that very same thing.

Ultimately the choice is yours, depends on what your looking for, how will you use it, what features you need. I can tell you this, once you bite, those other features will begin to spark your interest "ALOT" more. I can't wait for DMX to come on board with Cobra. 6 years ago, I was manually firing with homemade 32 cues systems based on Joe Ratman designs. Now I'm doing pyromusicals. One the bug bites, it's game over... You're budgets increases, your systems increase, an so on! LOL
Good Luck in your decision!

Bazerk
02-21-2017, 01:05 PM
Scott is fantastic. That guy has answered texts and emails from me at 10pm on a Sunday evening.

jr99svt
02-26-2017, 11:03 AM
I totally disagree with this statement!!! Scott has always replied in a timely manner. Secondly, he actually gives you a direct telephone for 24 hour support. All I hear is about how he takes peoples calls minutes before their show and gets them going. It's very apparent you didn't use the resources provided to you. I am a Cobra user and a very happy one at that, have I had issues? Yes, but this is part of the learning curve with any system. So throwing Cobra firing systems under the bus due to your own failure to properly communicate is completely unfair!

Oh, So Im an Idiot? Maybe you dont know all the details, And Scott is not the end all be all when it comes to his products. Are you a CSC subscriber? A Product offered by cobra, Sold by cobra, but supported by someone else, a guy named Benny or Bernie or someone with a name like that. Is his cell number posted on Cobras site? no? well then, i guess Scott couldnt help me, or he would have. I didnt throw anyone or anything under the bus, I simply told the truth of what happened. Is cobra a good Product? i never said it wasnt. Obviously i like the product, As i said, i have 30 mods, An audio box, a booster, a Dish, CSC, CCP. Did it piss me off that i had to hand write a bunch of labels for a show? yep. Did it Piss me off that i was misled about the release date of 4.1, Multiple times? Yep. At least 3 times between September of 15 and Oct of 16, i was told it was just a few weeks away.

Rick_In_Tampa
02-26-2017, 01:43 PM
Did it Piss me off that i was misled about the release date of 4.1, Multiple times? Yep. At least 3 times between September of 15 and Oct of 16, i was told it was just a few weeks away.

I'm not trying to get in the middle of a pissing contest, but I would like to ask you something.

What functionality is release 4.1 supposed to give you that you don't have now? I'm not trying to be cute here. It's a serious question. I just bought a Cobra system so I'd like to know what the issue(s) is/are.

jr99svt
02-26-2017, 03:19 PM
What functionality is release 4.1 supposed to give you that you don't have now? I'm not trying to be cute here. It's a serious question. I just bought a Cobra system so I'd like to know what the issue(s) is/are.
See, Thats the thing, i purchased CCP under the premise that a new release was on its way in a few weeks. No one would let any of the new features out of the bag, i was told that "Its a great Release" , "A Suite Full of New Features". my intention was to use it for the first time in a show, a pyromusical in late oct 15. CCP is a neat accessory, but id much rather watch the show in the sky, not on a tablet. I probably would have bought it anyway, but felt i was misled into spending money i didnt need to at the time. This was before the unlimited lifetime access to CCP, when it was a 2 year subscription. It wasnt till After MAFF 2016 that i found out 1 of the new features was .03 timing, currently .01 with the 5.0 release. The only feature ive used on CCP up to this point, is checking the mods preshow, which is in fact much easier to do on CCP over the 18R2.

Northern Sky
02-26-2017, 03:30 PM
Chillax.

5.0.0 has been released. I personally have been using versions of 4.1.0 since April 2016.

The timing used to be .1 sec and is now .01 sec for clarification. That isn't a feature many people will ever use. There are a lot of awesome features available from mesh technology on the modules and a lot more on the Control Panel.

Upgraded to 5.0 and put a smile on your face and your displays viewers.

Pyro47240
02-28-2017, 04:41 PM
Oh, So Im an Idiot? Maybe you dont know all the details, And Scott is not the end all be all when it comes to his products. Are you a CSC subscriber? A Product offered by cobra, Sold by cobra, but supported by someone else, a guy named Benny or Bernie or someone with a name like that. Is his cell number posted on Cobras site? no? well then, i guess Scott couldnt help me, or he would have. I didnt throw anyone or anything under the bus, I simply told the truth of what happened. Is cobra a good Product? i never said it wasnt. Obviously i like the product, As i said, i have 30 mods, An audio box, a booster, a Dish, CSC, CCP. Did it piss me off that i had to hand write a bunch of labels for a show? yep. Did it Piss me off that i was misled about the release date of 4.1, Multiple times? Yep. At least 3 times between September of 15 and Oct of 16, i was told it was just a few weeks away.
Yep, you're right I don't know all the details. Benny works for Scott as far as I know. The fact that you sent me a private message saying "F-You, you don't know anything about it" Only validates that, Yes, you are an Idiot!

jr99svt
03-01-2017, 10:13 PM
I was going to let this go, but since personal attacks are allowed.....

I totally disagree with this statement!!! Scott has always replied in a timely manner.

Your experience. Not everyone will have the Same results

Secondly, he actually gives you a direct telephone for 24 hour support. All I hear is about how he takes peoples calls minutes before their show and gets them going. It's very apparent you didn't use the resources provided to you.

So, Again, since Benny is the CSC guy, what help does Scotts Number do for people that have CSC issues? Scott refers you to Benny. Fact. What if Bennys not around? Or is Benny attached to Scotts hip?

I am a Cobra user and a very happy one at that, have I had issues? Yes, but this is part of the learning curve with any system. So throwing Cobra firing systems under the bus due to your own failure to properly communicate is completely unfair!

Your Opinion, Not a Fact. Me telling the truth isnt throwing someone under the Bus, snowflake. Speaking the truth, and my personal experiance, isnt an attack.
I bought my first firing system from Kellners in 2005. I Built my second, third and forth, by myself, based on Joeratmans design in 2008. Bought 7 Deweys over the next 4 -5 years, before i sold them all for a cobra. Why? because its a good system. That doesnt mean they are always 100% of the time on their game.

I have nothing against FireTek and I wish them all the luck in the industry and I even hope to see and experience using them someday. As a Pyro, I'm always open to trying new things... After all, it's about having fun, being happy with your decisions, and having good end results. Currently, I love what Scott and his team are doing, and the level of support they provide is top notch!!! 99.9% of his users will tell you that very same thing.

99.9%? where are your facts and Statistics to back that up? or are you speculating? Dont let facts get in the way of your argument. You love What Scott and his team are doing? so your a blind follower/Cheerleader. Got it. I prefer to think for myself, not follow or depend on when a person says "everyone says".....

Yep, you're right I don't know all the details

this just shows you have no clue what you are talking about. you admit your talking out your ass. But keep up the attacks, Maybe they will turn off a potential cobra buyer, because the cheerleaders will bully someone with a different opinion.

Northern Sky
03-01-2017, 11:10 PM
You two need to kiss and make up. Nobody wants to hear about your lovers spat.

As an experienced pyro and professional in my personal life outside of pyro. I would recommend running through the details "dry-firing your script well before the shoot day.

That isn't for you but everyone. I'm not sure what industries everybody comes from but calling a business let alone a business on a weekend/holiday night and expecting to talk to a human is UNHEARD OF.

Call me when I'm out with the family, on a shoot site from a number I don't know and you'll be greet by my voicemail. Talk down to me or get demanding, hold your breath till Obama is President again.

Pyro47240
03-02-2017, 11:26 AM
You're not happy with Cobra? Your choice! My experience like many, many others has been great... Have I had problems? sure!! But I didn't take offense if Scott or support wasn't there immediately because, I understand what it's like to run a business and I have respect for that... Secondly, It's freaking fireworks and if you're letting simple mishaps or problems get your panties in a bunch... That's your choice totally... Anger and letting it control your reactions are a Choice... You can choose to let it make you mad, you can choose to say Oh well, things happen, and learn from it. You can choose weather or not to let it ruin your day. You expect perfection from someone else and that's not always going to be the case, and not everyone is going to be at your beck and call when you think they need to be. I will tell you one thing, there are many more of those times to come if you plan on staying in this industry, rarely do things go as planned!

It's been a pleasure meeting you... I'm done here!