PDA

View Full Version : Before I purchase I have a twist to an old question

IPyro
09-02-2016, 08:56 AM
I decided to build my own firing system and rails. It is very straight forward system and works excellent.
It is an all manual 24V system that uses both Cat5e and DB25 wire, just simply push the button and off they go. Key lock, LED lights, continuity test, additional arm toggle with safety cover, basically all the bells and whistles.

My question isn't on my system and I know I can continue to use it without issue's and I will.
But as many of you may know there is just certain things I can't do with a manual system or if I even try don't look professional.
I know the question has been asked several times on here as I have read so many articles it isn't funny.
Please don't get upset as I am new to the forum world.
But what I really want to know and just can't find it is.....
To those of you that have used and or own both systems knowing what you know now looking back.
Which remote wireless system would you purchase if you had to choose, Cobra or Fire Tek?
I simply see and have read several positive comments about each.
A few years ago comments said "there is Cobra and everything not Cobra".
Today Fire Tek appears to be in a lot more conversations and with internal batteries making those changes that earned negative comments on it debut.
However those folks who have both really know if they could only choose one which would it be?

Thanks

Northern Sky
09-02-2016, 09:02 AM
Good luck with this one.

:rolleyes:

displayfireworks1
09-02-2016, 10:24 AM
I at one time said that statement about the Cobra Fireworks Firing System. Now, within the last two years we have other high end fireworks firing systems entering the market. Just as many of us are advancing deeper into the pyrotechnic hobby , the market is developing systems to meet our needs. There are currently three high end systems advertising on pyrotalk.com. The Cobra , FireTEk and now the Mongoose system. The selections are great , they are all competitively priced. The decision on which one to purchase is difficult.
I try to present as much information about these systems when I have the opportunity. I still have video not released on all three of these systems.