PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Nozzle Forms and Tampers???

pgpugsley
07-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Years ago I bought this cheap plastic form that I would place a cardboard tube over then add clay and tamp it down with a special tamping tool to make rocket nozzles with. Of course after about two rockets it fell apart and I lost interest. Does any one have any suggestions where I can buy some quality forms for rocket nozzles either for clay or what ever. I do not mind tamping my nozzles out of clay but would like to find some equipment that will last a life time. I know I could research and try several different manufactures but I'am limited by finances and any help in right direction would be appreciated. Thanks Again and God Bless,... Philip Pugsley

Chris H
07-11-2011, 02:10 PM
It sounds like you're looking for some good rocket tooling. I don't know how the owner feels about links, but both Firesmith Pyrotechnic Tooling (Ben Smith) and Wolter Pyro Tools (Rich Wolter) make excellent tooling that will probably outlast you if you take care of them.

SITHADMIRAL
07-11-2011, 08:37 PM
You can always try nozzleless rockets. One of the pyro supply co has a special going on now for nozzleless rocket kits.

PyroJoeNEPA
07-13-2011, 10:25 AM
PM sent about tooling.

pgpugsley
08-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the info. Where might I find more information about the nozzleless rockets?

californiapyro
08-11-2011, 06:20 PM
try skylighter, they have an article on it.