PDA

View Full Version : Introducing How to make Ground Fireworks for Beginners

laquil
08-18-2016, 02:55 PM
Introducing How to make Ground Fireworks for Beginners

First of all please excuse me for my English bare with me I am Maltese.

As every one knows from my posting, Maltese are very famous on ground fireworks and I would like to share of some of my knowledge with you how to make nice looking ground fireworks.

Ground fireworks is a bit of time consuming, but don't be afraid we can go step by step and mark my words they are crowd pulling, you can add them to your Arial display.

laquil
08-18-2016, 03:01 PM
First Lesson

What Preparation and Planning before we start doing the fireworks.

1) First we have to design what type of fireworks are we going to do in the show.
2) Where the show is going to take place.
3)What type of audience they are going to watch your fireworks, for example if it is going to be a back garden display or in a open field for a huge crowd.
4)The size of the ground fireworks and how many pieces are we going to make.
5)How long the display is going to be.
5)We need to chose a theme, on what we are going to chose.

laquil
08-18-2016, 03:06 PM
Lesson Two

How to make 24 inch St Catherine wheel, most of the components you can have them from your scarp items most of them you can find them at your house.

I shall continue with my lessons tomorrow to prepare for you the list of items you need because I have to translate them from Maltese to English

Please leave your comment about this thread, so that I can see how many are interested in this small crash course on line in this Forum.

JmFnG
08-18-2016, 03:19 PM
Looking forward to lesson #3! :)

89mitch
08-18-2016, 03:35 PM
Looking forward to this

laquil
08-18-2016, 03:42 PM
Lesson Three

These in Maltese we called the (Irdieden) some of you know them St Catherine wheel as you can see in the photos

To make some thing similar like this wheel it is very easy to do, but let say we make 8 of them and we put them on a base made with the figure of an English union jackwe can also make it spin around

ones you do one wheel we can do the other 7 wheels the same so lets try to make the parts we need to do the first wheel

laquil
08-18-2016, 04:42 PM
I need to bring to every one attention it is on your own risk, so be extremely care full, make sure you have a licence to do fireworks before you start doing it so if you have a question I will to setup a skype
may be I will explain more in details some sketches that i am going to post later ok, again sorry for my English and be very care full ok always ask if you are not under standing what we are doing
better safe than sorry I wish I was in front of you and i can show you how but I am trying to use mspaint to draw you a small sketch

laquil
08-18-2016, 05:23 PM
Lesson four

We need to make the wheels before we add the black powder fountains or colored ones in these tutorials i am not going to give recepies of fireworks, because you can purchase them from your local store
but I am just given you a small idea how to make the wheels, it is up to you what to add fireworks in them mostly we use blackpowder fountains with some colored paper tubes filled with mixture of colors
or you can use colored fountains, again it is up to you what to use, and at your own risk my opinion first try one wheel give a test and then put the fireworks on it, you can copy these sketches share them around no problem
no copy rights on them these sketches are free hand i have made them from mspaint just right now for you guys ENJOY we keep in touch I shall post a skype in the forum if some one wishes to contact me for more details
but I can be avail from 9:00pm till 11:30pm Malta time Thanks leave a comment please

In this sketch we can see how to make the wheel

In this sketch how we can add 8 wheels all together and the final look

PyroJoeNEPA
08-18-2016, 05:28 PM
Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this Laquil. I am sure many of us here on the forum will enjoy the knowledge you are so gracious to share. Malta has incredibly beautiful wheels.

Grazzi għat-teħid tal-ħin u sforz biex jagħmlu dan Laquil. Jiena ċert li ħafna minna hawn fuq il-forum ser igawdu l-għarfien inti hekk gracious li jaqsmu. Malta għandha roti oerhört sbieħ.

laquil
08-18-2016, 05:32 PM
Good night for today see you tomorrow

Thanks

laquil
08-18-2016, 05:53 PM
when we finish doing this tutorial of this piece of fireworks, my next tutorial I will show you how to make this ground fireworks as seen in the video very easy to do we just need two wheels.

these pyro technicians that you are seeing in the Video, ones I have taught them how to make these fireworks, now a days they are doing there own ones,
but all they all started from the St Catherine wheel believe me it's only a two week project but very nice we call it the SUN Ground fireworks because the shape it makes it is like a sun

We need to use colored fountains only and quick black match

Enjoy the beauty of fireworks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzOmi_OOAZ0&list=PLNwvQRO5ICauiLHgRTb1GnS5ZkjxrGcFd&index=13

laquil
08-18-2016, 06:07 PM
Take notice in this video carefully they are using the st Catherine wheels, more or less, as I am explaining in my tutorial, see the finish if 8 wheels we can make them fixed like in the video or the whole big wheel spins

As you can see they have added some timing fuse, beside the wheels to make it more attractive, I can show you how to make one like it, but again we have to go step by step

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRZjmCVS-5c

laquil
08-18-2016, 06:18 PM
This is my first homework to you guys.......

i need you to do watch care fully the video, see it from 4:51 upwards when they light it up, i have told you the first trick of the trade in my previous post,
and i want some answers what you have observed ok.....

you can learn how to do this if you follow my tutorials...

Please leave your answers down below thanks for watching see you tomorrow to continue with our lessons......

Enjoy the beauty of fireworks

laquil
08-19-2016, 03:53 PM
Hello people it's me again, it doesn't look that there are many who's interested in doing ground fireworks, because no one has left some comments of what I have told you to do yesterday, anyway
do wish me to continue doing this for you, or it is getting boring, please reply to my comments.

89mitch
08-19-2016, 04:29 PM
Looks like they lost some fusing into the second and third staging

PyroJoeNEPA
08-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Not sure what you were looking for in comments: Only five of the six wheels ignited--I would imagine the connection for pass fire in the quick match did not hold and the pressure of the gas blew it apart before it could light the sixth wheel.

laquil
08-20-2016, 04:32 AM
Right both of you are right, but the important thing I wanted you to notice is the fountains as I have told you in my first or second lesson, lets leave the fuse out that it did not light, we talk about that later.
take an other look at the video and notice the first wheel this is very important as you can see the fountains which are driven the wheel are made of black powder and the pyro technician used those colored tubes
to make the wheel looks nicer, I can't find the right word in English but in Maltese we called them (Gassijiet) if you translate it to English it gives you an other meaning.

Now having said that when the video comes to 6:41 the last wheels were light up, the fountains are different and they are colored ones, as you can see the pyro technician does not use those colored tubes
in the middle of the wheel when he is using the colored fountains.

This is very important at the beginning of the stage, when you are going to plan your fireworks, you have to imagine it before you start, than chose what type of fountains you are going to use in your wheel
Later in my tutorials you can see why watch the first video which those wheels are made of colored fountains and there nothing ales except the colored fountains

The trick of the trade is as follows

Rule of the thumb
Blackpowder fountains goes with colored tubes
Colored Fountains don't use color tubes

Please take a look at this sketch down below to understand what I am saying
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1361&stc=1

laquil
08-20-2016, 04:52 AM
Take a look at this sketch down below to see how to mount those brown paper tubes filled with color flash to the wheel

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1362&stc=1

laquil
08-20-2016, 04:56 AM
Please let me know if you have understand the difference between the colored fountains and the black powder fountains

Please drop a comment if you need more information, so that we can move on with our tutorials

PyroJoeNEPA
08-20-2016, 09:44 PM
In English the black powder tubes used to turn the wheel would be called "drivers" or--another word is "gerb". The color tubes would be called "Lance".

laquil
08-21-2016, 04:50 AM
Thank you PuroJoeNEPA, appreciate a lot for helping me in my English, I hope that this form of tutorial i am doing they are finding it interesting, because I am not seeing members that they wish to participate in this discussion

For all those who are beginners to ground fireworks, don't give up, every one has started from here, I know it is more time consuming the ground fireworks than the Arial ones, but at the end it has more satisfactions
and believe me or not if you are doing a show for a small or big crowd they will enjoy it you can mix it with your Arial fireworks to.

So lets Continue with our tutorial Have a nice week end see you next week

Please just drop a small comment saying ( I am in) because I am getting the feeling I am talking to my self here in this forum, you need to have passion for fireworks and patience.

BTW

Good luck for the Olympics you deserve to win

89mitch
08-21-2016, 08:10 AM
I am enjoying this and learning alot
Thank you

displayfireworks1
08-21-2016, 04:19 PM
Laquil
Many people on the forums enjoy seeing how to videos for making fireworks and fireworks related devices. Those pictures you post are helpful.

Westpapyro
08-21-2016, 09:22 PM
I am following along and enjoying you tutorial.
Chuck

laquil
08-22-2016, 08:58 AM
I will try to make some video clips for you, but I can't promise any thing I will try if I will find some one is ready to shoot the video clip for me
but at least we are understanding each other..

laquil
08-22-2016, 09:27 AM
In this sketch down below I am going to explain how to make the Sun wheel as you can see in video one in my previous lessons
We need to make two wheels going opposite dirrections to create the effect very easy to do but very beautiful when it is lit up

The fountains mainly they all colored ones and as you can watch the video carefully they don't use those brown paper tubes
also take notice of the fountains how they are mounted on the wheel very important they have to be at a certain angle..

The reason behind all this is
1) To spin the wheel according the fountains are mounted
2) to create the Sun effect Please see video one for the result.

Now can you imagine putting six of these all together how nice the effect will look like let try to find a video for you

laquil
08-22-2016, 09:33 AM
Please take a look at this video start seeing at 2:30 time, and see the final product of the 8 wheels all together how they look nice
as I have explained to you, as you can see the pyro technician he create one wheel and copy and pasted the others
than he mounted them on the base made of wood, Please leave me a comment thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Ce9EwpvnM

laquil
08-22-2016, 09:37 AM
Later in my tutorials I am going to explain how to make another wheel with a create effect as you can see in the upper video
starting at 2.05/5.32

As you can see from just simple wheels how many effects you can do sky is the limit only a few imagination and you can setup
a nice Show that your neighbors will keep on remember it. but always be careful because you are playing with fire be safe

laquil
08-22-2016, 09:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X-_JBuJ0jE

Please take a look at this video see the end result of the Sun wheels when you make a few of them all together how a nice effect
they make as shown in my sketch, believe me you can do that no big deal

PyroClayton
08-24-2016, 02:34 AM
Hello Laquil .. Curious do you have a Facebook page ?

JmFnG
08-24-2016, 11:20 AM
Later in my tutorials I am going to explain how to make another wheel with a create effect as you can see in the upper video
starting at 2.05/5.32

As you can see from just simple wheels how many effects you can do sky is the limit only a few imagination and you can setup
a nice Show that your neighbors will keep on remember it. but always be careful because you are playing with fire be safe

Very cool! Thanks for taking the time to put this thread together, Laquil.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-29-2016, 09:18 PM
Just found this thread Laquil. Very good information!! Looking forward to more lessons. Thanks!

laquil
09-06-2016, 03:16 PM
Hi All,

Sorry for my absence i was a bit busy because last week there was a big feast in Malta because we had braked an other world record on the Balls of balls shell
40 inches wide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hvq19AiDNI

These were part of the fireworks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCJEq5dfC4Q

I am trying to do some videos on what I have explained in this tutorials to understand more
but in the mean time I shall put up some sketches to continue.

laquil
09-06-2016, 03:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCTfGdofFb0

The world record

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IhSqsdq_ZA

laquil
09-06-2016, 03:45 PM
Visit Malta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzUan1PmJcc

laquil
09-06-2016, 04:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDvEIx1RaN0

laquil
09-06-2016, 04:11 PM
yes i do have a facebook why ?

laquil
09-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Just found this thread Laquil. Very good information!! Looking forward to more lessons. Thanks!

No problem, i love to share my knowledge befor Gods call me to go near him, you can do your show, and believe me, you are going to pull a huge crowd to come and see your work,
i can help you any time you want, try it out don't be afraid, the first wheel will take you a some time to do, but the next you put it up quickly just with a few wheels you can set up
a nice show for your home town and your friends they will have jaw dropping,

take a look at this sketch and video with a small wheel how to create the effect

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1455&stc=1

The result of this wheel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpc_G2mjm8A

This Video is the Final product of the Sun wheel as I have explain in my tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzOmi_OOAZ0

laquil
09-06-2016, 04:45 PM
Very cool! Thanks for taking the time to put this thread together, Laquil.

Thanks I will continue with my tutorials

laquil
09-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Laquil
Many people on the forums enjoy seeing how to videos for making fireworks and fireworks related devices. Those pictures you post are helpful.

I am trying to put some but I need some one to help me in the making of it because I am not that good in videos

laquil
09-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Guys just to let you know, my next trip for New year, is going to be in Holland, for those who wish to come and meet me let me know, may be I can help before you setup your Fireworks for New years Eve

I shall be in Holland on the 28th of December 2016 till 3 January 2017

laquil
09-06-2016, 04:54 PM
No problem, i love to share my knowledge befor Gods call me to go near him, you can do your show, and believe me, you are going to pull a huge crowd to come and see your work,
i can help you any time you want, try it out don't be afraid, the first wheel will take you a some time to do, but the next you put it up quickly just with a few wheels you can set up
a nice show for your home town and your friends they will have jaw dropping,

take a look at this sketch and video with a small wheel how to create the effect

The result of this wheel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpc_G2mjm8A

This Video is the Final product of the Sun wheel as I have explain in my tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzOmi_OOAZ0

You Can do this no big deal just a few patience and some imagination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-o4ATyZCFw

laquil
09-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Guys just to let you know, my next trip for New year, is going to be in Holland, for those who wish to come and meet me let me know, may be I can help before you setup your Fireworks for New years Eve

I shall be in Holland on the 28th of December 2016 till 3 January 2017

May be in 2018 I shall visit USA if I save more money I will look forward to meet you but my problem is only one thing I need some one to guide me were to go in USA and were to come to meet you
I think you want regret it..... prepare your fountains and I will show you the trick of the trade

Utaltorge
09-19-2016, 03:58 AM
thank you so much laquil

halk
09-19-2016, 09:41 AM
Should this thread be in another forum? I see nothing about firecrackers.

laquil
10-14-2016, 12:28 PM
what forum ?

laquil
10-14-2016, 12:30 PM
when i finish some videos i am going to post them for you guys

lets keep the tradition of fireworks on going to the next generation
i am getting old and i am passing out my knowledge to you guys

Remember always be safe and take care

Good bless you all

laquil
10-14-2016, 12:32 PM
your well come

laquil
10-14-2016, 01:11 PM

You need to modify your fountains as seen in the photo you need to drill a small whole in the clay
to pass a quick match, so when the fountain burns out it will light up the other one and so on

Now remember on the last fountain you don't need to drill the whole

ok enjoy

laquil
10-14-2016, 01:25 PM
1) Roll a piece of brown paper and leave it ends taller than the fountain say 2 inches

2) As every one knows in a fountain at the bottom of it you should find the clay where the fountain stops it's burning
and this is were you have to modify, to continue your fire passing from one fountain to an other

3) You need to modify your fountains as seen in the photo you need to drill a small whole in the clay
to pass a quick match, so when the fountain burns out it will light up the other one and so on

4) Now remember on the last fountain you don't need to drill the whole

5) This is at your own risk, always ask a professional before you are going to do something, so be very care full when you drill the whole in the clay
because you have to drill all the way trough until you reach the black powder.

6) for those who are doing there own fountains drill the whole before you start to fill it up with black powder and make a small piece of toilet paper and some tape
in the whole until you fill it up with black powder, so after you fill up the black powder you can easily remove the tape and the toilet paper
then you can insert the quick match and tie it up

7) finally tie up the quick match with a knot around the end of the brown paper

ok enjoy nice week end

laquil
10-14-2016, 01:34 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1501&stc=1

Cross section of a fountain

laquil
10-14-2016, 01:38 PM
Then obviously tie your fountains to the wheel and pass on the quick match from one fountain to the other

displayfireworks1
10-15-2016, 08:40 AM
I see there are some comments from around the world on this , that is great. This thread is in the firecracker section. Laquil should I move this thread into Fireworks Manufacturing or the Malta section?

laquil
10-26-2016, 01:23 PM
Move it to the Fireworks Manufacturing

laquil
10-26-2016, 01:31 PM
Please see the final product of the fountain

1) Roll a piece of brown paper and leave it ends taller than the fountain say 2 inches

2) As every one knows in a fountain at the bottom of it you should find the clay where the fountain stops it's burning
and this is were you have to modify, to continue your fire passing from one fountain to an other

3) You need to modify your fountains as seen in the photo you need to drill a small whole in the clay

4) Now remember on the last fountain you don't need to drill the whole

5) This is at your own risk, always ask a professional before you are going to do something, so be very care full when you drill the whole in the clay
because you have to drill all the way trough until you reach the black powder.

6) for those who are doing there own fountains drill the whole before you start to fill it up with black powder and make a small piece of toilet paper and some tape
in the whole until you fill it up with black powder, so after you fill up the black powder you can easily remove the tape and the toilet paper
then you can insert the quick match and tie it up

7) finally tie up the quick match with a knot around the end of the brown paper

ok enjoy nice week end

laquil
10-26-2016, 01:39 PM
Thanks Dave, for your comment, Please move it to Fireworks Manufacturing.

Just I had this little idea to teach some beginners that might be interested to make there own ground fireworks.

I hope I didn't break any rules on the forum sorry in advance if I had started the threat here, and i will apologize
If i have created some inconvenience to the others, forgive me i am not that good in these Technology

I see there are some comments from around the world on this , that is great. This thread is in the firecracker section. Laquil should I move this thread into Fireworks Manufacturing or the Malta section?