PDA

View Full Version : 10 cue sequencer

maltpj
08-16-2016, 08:28 PM
Does anyone own or tried one of these 10 cue sequencers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1jYTnQsYvA

You can initiate it from one of your firing module cues and can set the timing between its 10 cues. You can also stack them.

It cost $110 /10 = $11 per cue. Also you can use the last trigger as a cue $110 / 11 = $10 per cue.

displayfireworks1
08-16-2016, 09:16 PM
That video is from 2010. The Cobra was just starting to enter the market shortly after this time period in 2011. Technology has made these sequencers unnecessary. You have to calculate adding an external battery and another device to trigger the sequence. I take it you are in the market for a fireworks firing system.

maltpj
08-16-2016, 09:53 PM
That video is from 2010. The Cobra was just starting to enter the market shortly after this time period in 2011. Technology has made these sequencers unnecessary. You have to calculate adding an external battery and another device to trigger the sequence. I take it you are in the market for a fireworks firing system.

No I own a Cobra 18R2 and 5 - 18M modules. I thought the sequencers would be a cheaper solution for something like a timed fan rack of comets rather than wasting 10 cues on a $300 18 cue module. Just trying to get creative without breaking the bank.

maltpj
08-16-2016, 10:03 PM

Say one of your effects in your show was a fan rack of 10 comets and you wanted them to fire .05 apart from each other, you could use this fairly cheap sequencer and trigger it off one cue of your Cobra for the effect.

See where I'm going with this?

displayfireworks1
08-17-2016, 10:09 AM
This is what I did using the RhinoFire Systems , adding them to the Cobra. I think once you purchase a high end system , you should stick with it. Its fine to use older technology your purchased prior to the Cobra or if a friend has one to add in. If it was me I would purchase another Cobra Module for your existing system.
If you really want to purchase another inexpensive system. Purchase one that can can function independently and not need to be part of something else.

maltpj
08-17-2016, 08:15 PM
This is what I did using the RhinoFire Systems , adding them to the Cobra. I think once you purchase a high end system , you should stick with it. Its fine to use older technology your purchased prior to the Cobra or if a friend has one to add in. If it was me I would purchase another Cobra Module for your existing system.
If you really want to purchase another inexpensive system. Purchase one that can can function independently and not need to be part of something else.

I hear ya. Maybe Scott will run another sale soon!

I'm really liking what I've been seeing with the fireTEK system. I've even thought about selling my cobra and switching. It seems like a better system to build on. But who knows they are here today and maybe gone tomorrow. At least Cobra been around for a little while.

What do you think?

PyroJoeNEPA
08-17-2016, 09:21 PM
Spoke with Scott at PGI & there are a lot of things in the works. Definitely would suggest hanging on to the Cobra.

fireTEK
08-18-2016, 07:11 AM
Spoke with Scott at PGI & there are a lot of things in the works. Definitely would suggest hanging on to the Cobra.

We also have a lot of things in the work. :)

UniversalPyro
08-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Im sure fireTEK and Cobra will be going at it to win over customers. FireTEK stepped it up. Seems like a nice system.

maltpj
08-18-2016, 08:03 PM
I love the way fireTEK does there slats. First of all the idea that they use the RJ45 connectors and cat 5 cable. You could go to Home Depot and buy a bulk box of cable and a bag of connectors and a connector installation tool and build replacement cable at the shoot site any length you need. The bulkhead connectors on the side of there waterproof cases is nice also, allows you to close the cover on the firing modules and you can place you firing module away from the fireworks and firework fallout.

The new slats have LED's one each cue that can be used to pre-test you scripts.

fireTEK
08-18-2016, 08:29 PM
I love the way fireTEK does there slats. First of all the idea that they use the RJ45 connectors and cat 5 cable. You could go to Home Depot and buy a bulk box of cable and a bag of connectors and a connector installation tool and build replacement cable at the shoot site any length you need. The bulkhead connectors on the side of there waterproof cases is nice also, allows you to close the cover on the firing modules and you can place you firing module away from the fireworks and firework fallout.

The new slats have LED's one each cue that can be used to pre-test you scripts.

If you will have in hand one of our system I am sure you will find a lot of more nice things... For example do you know on fireTEK system the remote start blink red LEDs and make a sound if a cable is disconnected without pressing any buttons? It is a real time system... all the tests of critical parameters are made automatically in the background on all the modules so if an error occur you will know right away without need to press any button. When arm the system if you receive "Ready to fire" message it is almost impossible a module not to fire.