PDA

View Full Version : fireTEK release - new functions (DMX, TC Generator), new module, new rails design

fireTEK
08-15-2016, 06:58 AM
Considering clients feedback and our ideas, fireTEK release:
1. New functions:
- DMX output (beta firmware/software) - to control DMX devices like flames. This is an option which can be added on all fireTEK new devices (controller and firing modules). Versus other firing systems with DMX output you can connect the DMX device direct to firing module which can be controlled wireless... so you do not need a cable from the controller to DMX device. After all, firing modules and DMX devices are placed both in the firing field near each other. Every module has its own DMX universe. At least for now you will be able to control the DMX devices only automatically (not manual).
- Time code generator (beta firmware) - to synchronize fireTEK firing system with other firing systems or other controllers capable to read Time code. This it is an option available on all fireTEK devices (firing modules and FTM-99S controller). Considering the fireTEK FTM-99S controller already has GPS module and Internal player combined with Time code generator it will have the same functions like Time machine from F1. On the fireTEK controller FTM-99S you also have DMX output and you can control wireless/2 wire up to 99 fireTEK firing modules we can say it offers more than Time machine on less money.

2. New firing module based on FTH-48E: FTH-48Fx
- built in Lipo battery 14.8V @ 1000mAh
- fiber glass case - more resistant and fire proof (except an easy replaceable part from top)
- DMX output (option)
- 2 wire communication (option) - in case you do not trust wireless. It is fully independent communication and can act as a backup on wireless or useful in some cases where wireless is jammed
- Time code generator (option)
- 2 rails can be placed direct on case for people who do not like cables (option)
- external antenna (option)
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1338&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1339&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1341&stc=1

3. New rail design same shape but with clear connectors and LEDs under connectors. In this way you will be able to check the script without using external bulbs. Also the LEDs will blink if there is nothing connected on that channel.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1340&stc=1

On sale
We have on sale now 2 packages based on FTH-48Fx:
a. Wireless/Bluetooth: $699 The package will contain an FTH-48Fx module with Wireless, Bluetooth and Time code reader plus 4 x new design rails, charger and USB cable
b. Full version: $999 Euro This package will contain an FTH-48Fx with full options which means: Wireless, Bluetooth, GPS, DMX output, Time code reader/generator, 2 wire connection, external antenna, 5 x new design rails, charger and USB cable

Free shipping for orders placed in August.

maltpj
08-15-2016, 05:54 PM
As much as I love my Cobra Fire System, this fireTEK system looks pretty sweet! If I wasn't already so invested in Cobra I think I would be looking real hard at fireTEC.

I like the fact that it has Bluetooth, and the wireless mesh network is huge when it comes to good communications.

I like their slat setup with cat 5 cable and connectors, would be real easy and cheep to whip up replacement or different length slat wires. Cobra's slat setup with the antiquated db25 connector and their cheesy firing module connector sucks in my opinion. DB25 wire assemblies are expensive as well. Maybe Cobra will copy this setup in the future or maybe I'll build my own.

Also I like the fact that fireTEC gives you their software for FREE! Cobra charges $59.00 for a two year license. You would think when someone purchase $2000. or more in equipment they would throw in the scripting software.

At the end of the day Cobra is an American Made product, and I do believe in buying American so no regrets:cool:

fireTEK
08-15-2016, 06:18 PM
As much as I love my Cobra Fire System, this fireTEK system looks pretty sweet! If I wasn't already so invested in Cobra I think I would be looking real hard at fireTEC.

I like the fact that it has Bluetooth, and the wireless mesh network is huge when it comes to good communications.

I like their slat setup with cat 5 cable and connectors, would be real easy and cheep to whip up replacement or different length slat wires. Cobra's slat setup with the antiquated db25 connector and their cheesy firing module connector sucks in my opinion. DB25 wire assemblies are expensive as well. Maybe Cobra will copy this setup in the future or maybe I'll build my own.

Also I like the fact that fireTEC gives you their software for FREE! Cobra charges $59.00 for a two year license. You would think when someone purchase $2000. or more in equipment they would throw in the scripting software.

At the end of the day Cobra is an American Made product, and I do believe in buying American so no regrets:cool:

fireTEK offer more:
- DMX output (new) - only few very expensive firng systems offer this and are not so ingenious like it is our... we placed the DMX output on the firing module so you do not need to wire a cable from controller to DMX device. Also every firing module has its own DMX universe.
- Time code generator (new) - except the Time machine from F1 we do not know other firing systems controllers who are able to generate time code. With our system even the modules can generate time code and for example they can have an output show time or GPS time.
- 1ms vs 100ms
- greater wireless range even in Line of sight conditions
- 2 wire communication
- fully automatically impulse time adjusting by measuring current pass trghou the igniter (unique)
- maximum flexibility - there is no other firing system which offer this level of flexibility
- more...

maltpj
08-15-2016, 06:40 PM
fireTEK,

I was thinking about adding some laser to my show and the DMX feature would sure make it easier.

Is there an online manual for the different fireTEK modules I could look at?

PS: The LEDs on the slats is a great feature also!

maltpj
08-15-2016, 06:45 PM
fireTEK,
What is that silver threaded thing under the usb connector?

fireTEK
08-15-2016, 06:47 PM
fireTEK,
What is that silver threaded thing under the usb connector?

That connector it is the DMX output. Normal XLR does not fit on the case so we need to change it.

fireTEK
08-15-2016, 06:52 PM
Is there an online manual for the different fireTEK modules I could look at?

Please send me an email on office@ftek.eu and I will send to you a manual. It is not updated with DMX control because now for this it is beta firmware/software. Anyway for DMX it is simple to program... it is like you make a script for a shell but as field will be a DMX Channel, Time event and DMX Value

liame
08-15-2016, 08:18 PM
yea i think i am now sold on fireTEK over cobra now!

displayfireworks1
08-15-2016, 09:28 PM
Wow LED light built into the rail. how creative.

maltpj
08-19-2016, 05:36 PM
fireTEK,
Tech questions for you:
1) A standard cat5/cat6 connector and cat5/cat6 cable only has 8 wires, so how is fireTEK feeding/firing a 12 cue slat from it?
2) Can the fireTEK firing module fire Talon igniters.

fireTEK
08-19-2016, 08:06 PM
fireTEK,
Tech questions for you:
1) A standard cat5/cat6 connector and cat5/cat6 cable only has 8 wires, so how is fireTEK feeding/firing a 12 cue slat from it?
It is multiplexed

2) Can the fireTEK firing module fire Talon igniters.
Yes.

You can see here a video from 08.18.2016 from Malta. In about 1 week I will have a better quality video.

Was used about 25 fireTEK firing modules... no rail split... no pyroclocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QxIjQKsirQ&feature=youtu.be