PDA

View Full Version : PGI convention

Frankiefireworks19
07-08-2011, 09:50 PM
So after watching Dave's videos of the PGI convention for the hundredth time I was wondering if anyone here is attending this year. I'm sad to say that I can't attend this year because if I'm not mistaking you have to be a member by June or something. Anyway I'd love to hear anything about either past experiences or just discussing the convention. On my journey to getting my fireworks licence I think getting certified at the pgi shooter course looks great to an ATF employee. Am I wrong about there being a deadline to attend the convention as of right now?

PyroMonkey
07-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Naw man, I just sent in my membership renewal last week. There used to be a membership/registration deadline (up until a couple years ago, I believe) — but the administration recognized that many members have fallen upon hard times, and an extra month can make a difference between being able to go, or not. There are price break deadlines for registration, which are all past by now... but you should still be able to sign up. You would not regret it! Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

Frankiefireworks19
07-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Great! It's true a month does make a big difference. So let me get this straight if I were to join by let's say next week (not renew) would I be allowed in the convention? Is there anyone to contact to make sure? I do trust you man but you said yourself "correct me if I'm wrong" so just wanted to be definate here.

Matt
07-10-2011, 12:32 AM
membership@pgi.org

mfmacdaddy
07-10-2011, 01:23 AM
Bro after I watched daves video last year I packed the wife and kids and drove to Wisconsin from mass I was not a member and I signed up at the convention and it was the best time I've ever had I've never seen fireworks shows like that in my life I'm not going to lie when they sung the national anthem to fireworks I teared up ...

Frankiefireworks19
07-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Dude that sounds like an incredible experience. Well I guess I'll just have to break the news to my wife and daughter that the Disney world trip is cancelled lol. If I do go though it's impreative that I take the shooters course. I also need to find contingency storage. I've just been having a hard time here in central Florida. I know there's got to be several places because the theme parks have fireworks shows every night of the year. I'll just have to purchase that pyrotechnics guide that Dave had a video about.