PDA

View Full Version : Drum in flames

Czoppy
07-27-2016, 11:39 AM
Hi guyz! Fresh blood here!

The question is: I have a barrell of sort of this type: http://platformlondon.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/717003001.jpg
I need to set it on fire and bang on it while its flaming. Sound is not that good but its mostly about aesthetics :v
How would you guyz go about it? Preferably the fire would not die out too fast - making it possible to go for a full song on a flaming barrel.

displayfireworks1
07-27-2016, 06:55 PM
Can you tell us what is the reason you are doing this and how long do you need it to burn? I am hoping this is an outside venue so smoke from the flame does not matter. Is this is musical event?

Czoppy
07-27-2016, 09:31 PM
Yes - its outside and musical.
Drumming mostly. I need it to burn for 3-4 minutes which is probably a long shot.

djsmurf
07-27-2016, 11:34 PM
We would rig our drums with kevlar flat wick (same thing used for fire poi) soaked in Lamp/Candle Oil good burn time, slow to get started. Rig was built to hole the wick about 6 inches away from the actual drum so we didn't melt the drum head.

Czoppy
07-28-2016, 02:58 PM
Slow to start isnt exactly cutting it. Plus I think that this kind of long burn time I dont really need. Not to mention that the solution can destroy the barrell in the process - nobody would care.
Do you guys have some kind of tested proper burning liquid that would suit this theme?