PDA

View Full Version : New Fireworks Firing System unlisted video

displayfireworks1
07-25-2016, 07:21 PM
As the PGI convention approaches I am communicating with my advertisers to show you what they have to offer. I explain in this video.
unlisted video for pyrotalk forums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEpBAuBjPQw

JmFnG
07-25-2016, 08:21 PM
Interesting. Any idea when this will be available?

Pyro Paul
07-25-2016, 09:38 PM
Exciting!! It looks very user friendly for sequencing software, it will be nice to get more info on what firing systems it works with. Thanks Dave ya big Tease!!! :p LOL

displayfireworks1
07-27-2016, 07:34 PM
Yes it is a teaser video, at any given time I am in talks with different people in the business about promoting or introducing a pyrotechnic product or accessory. The more choices we have in the advanced backyard user of fireworks category the more we benefit. If I can release some of that information ahead of time to the pyrotalk forums members I will. With the PGI convention approaching, I am ready to cover some of these new innovation in more detail. I welcome all people in the pyrotechnic business to approach me and let me help them get the word out about their products. I need the support of people in the business.

ras1986
07-27-2016, 08:20 PM
I have a comment. What's up with the shirt?!?!? Please explain. I want one... edit!!++++ oh snap!!! He's all over cobra!!! How is he going to call his system the mongoose!?!?! Lol we all know the mongoose eats cobras!!! Here we go... turf war!!!!!!!

displayfireworks1
07-27-2016, 08:49 PM
It is from a Pittsburgh roller coaster at a local park called Kennywood. There is a local youtubers that sells them. He is called Pittsburgh Dad. He makes fun of all of us people from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and the funny stuff we do.
http://www.ridezone.com/parks/pa/kennywood/racer/20020792-30.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/97/69/63/9769639cf98ef62a7ba10b0b0129b743.jpg
Here is classic Pittsburgh Dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgNtCEwTKno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o255ZQkqhMw
Dad shirts
http://pittsburghdad.spreadshirt.com/

Westpapyro
07-27-2016, 08:51 PM
I'll keep my Cobra!

ras1986
07-27-2016, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the explanation dave!!! I always wondered who the hell would stand up on a roller coaster

displayfireworks1
07-27-2016, 09:31 PM
I think you find this Mongoose vs Cobra very common in other marketing , racing , sports etc.
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Essendon/Images/MongooseVSCobrasWeb.png
What makes it confusing for me to promote this Mongoose system, there is yet another Mongoose fireworks remote or whatever it is or will be eventually trying to get on the market. One of the things I need to do is have people that watch my videos differentiate between the two Mongoose systems. There other system is not yet on the market as far as I can tell.

ras1986
07-27-2016, 09:42 PM
What kills the mongoose? Human? Someone needs to make the homosapian firing system then.... god? Lol sorry for going off. The name is awesome..... kills cobras!!! Probably not really tho.

displayfireworks1
07-27-2016, 10:39 PM
There is a large group of advancing hobbyist fireworks enthusiast in the last 5 years. As each year goes by more and more systems are trying to enter the market to meet this demand. It pleases me to be part of introducing and promoting these systems. You as the end user have the tough decision of picking one of them. All of this interest is keeping prices competitive. These systems are now moving from simply pressing buttons to designing shows on a computer. More and more enthusiast are getting ATF licensed , using fireworks firing systems , and designing displays. The gap between a professional company and the advancing enthusiast is getting closer and closer. This makes some people uncomfortable. Some predicted the knowledge you now have was going to kill or injure you. Instead, there are many members on this forum and/or following my videos can probably start on a professional fireworks crew and be ready to go on day one. Let these new systems come to market and enjoy the fact that you can probably use any of them once you decide to buy one of them.

TylerBarnett
07-28-2016, 01:27 AM
Thanks Dave for the update on new systems. This one looks promising...however...I really wish these companies would start developing products for Apple computers. Now I know somebody will say "well you could just bootcamp your iMac and run Windows on it"...no, I don't want to do that. I hate Windows. A paying customer shouldn't have bend over backwards for a company or product; ESPECIALLY software. If you're a developer...please just build in both operating systems into your business model.

Ok, rant over. lol Thanks Dave! Wish I could make the PGI this year...but that's a whole other discussion!

carrant
07-28-2016, 02:08 PM
Thanks Dave for the update on new systems. This one looks promising...however...I really wish these companies would start developing products for Apple computers. Now I know somebody will say "well you could just bootcamp your iMac and run Windows on it"...no, I don't want to do that. I hate Windows. A paying customer shouldn't have bend over backwards for a company or product; ESPECIALLY software. If you're a developer...please just build in both operating systems into your business model.

Ok, rant over. lol Thanks Dave! Wish I could make the PGI this year...but that's a whole other discussion!

I fully agree with you there! I run OSX and Ubuntu.

However being a S/W engineer I understand why companies target a specific OS - especially for GUIs - it takes a lot of resources (time, hardware, manpower, IT) to develop, test, and debug for multiple OSes.

I did watch the video for the new system and I like their GUI layout!
One suggestion is to add a duration to a cue and blink (or some other visual feedback) the rectangle while it's firing, for instance if a cue has a cake with a 50sec duration then have the cue's rectangle blink for 50s. If the cue's rectangle is large enough maybe add a label to the cue with a countdown timer. In the homebrew sw I did I found that seeing what was currently firing was very helpful - but that was my first rodeo!

UniversalPyro
07-28-2016, 08:58 PM
Be interesting, great to see new wireless ideas coming out in this industry. Hope it doesn't run on 9v batteries though. Software looks ok, time will tell!

tallahasseePyro
08-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Hello Dave,

This is my first post on your forum. And my post is to ask you have you seen it yet at PGI? If so please, please, please give us an update! P.S. I hope your enjoying yourself. I always wanted to go but have not been able to....yet

displayfireworks1
08-11-2016, 10:05 AM
It looks like they used the Mongoose system for the JPA display last night. I have some video from the daytime setup, rails , cable . this sort of thing. I should be meeting up with them today in a more relaxed environment to discuss the system further. I will have video for forums members to review.

tallahasseePyro
08-11-2016, 09:31 PM
It looks like they used the Mongoose system for the JPA display last night. I have some video from the daytime setup, rails , cable . this sort of thing. I should be meeting up with them today in a more relaxed environment to discuss the system further. I will have video for forums members to review.

Thank you for what you do Dave! Awesome. Cannot wait to see the update!