PDA

View Full Version : Contingency Stroage Letter Needed In ILLINOIS

ADVANCEDPYRO
07-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Hello,

Does anybody know of a distributor in Illinois or Wisconsin or Indiana that i could call and get a storage letter from for 1.3G display fireworks.

ANY HELP would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks CHRIS

indianahx
07-05-2011, 08:32 PM
I would check with your atf agent....I have heard conflicting stories about an "unwritten" rule about contingency distances....obviously they are not going to want you to have a sole means of storage 5+ hours away. Having said that I am right outside of Indy and I have Lynch and Waynes World available to me. Both are only hour drive. Good luck.

J's12talk
07-05-2011, 09:20 PM
My understanding is that the ATF wants you within 100 miles and no more than 2 hours away from your contingency storage.

ClintC
07-09-2011, 11:20 AM
I've also been looking for the same thing. I'm in nw Illinois almost as far as you can go northeast in Indiana, literally 2 blocks from Indiana / Illinois state line. Do all of my shooting at a buddies place that owns 7 acres in Hebron, Indiana. Would love to find a place near there.

ClintC
07-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Sorry I mixed that up haha. I'm in north EAST Illinois by north WEST Indiana

Chris H
07-13-2011, 12:39 AM
I've heard conflicting stories about Illinois giving out licenses. At one point in recent history a group of display companies got the IL govt to issue a moratorium on issuing explosive licenses. This was to prevent competition, but has an unfortunate side effect to manufacturers.

il_pyro_fan
07-18-2011, 04:42 PM
I've heard conflicting stories about Illinois giving out licenses. At one point in recent history a group of display companies got the IL govt to issue a moratorium on issuing explosive licenses. This was to prevent competition, but has an unfortunate side effect to manufacturers.

Spoke with DNR and Firemarshall's Office not a moratorium...there was a dealine that needed to be met for this year otherwise you would have to wait until 2012. I have been searching and searching but in Central Illinois I thought Bethany Sales at one time might have worked, but some one I know in LE said they had gotten into a little trouble...

I am in the process of seeing what's around me before I take the plunge it would really stink to not be able to use my cert if there was no place to store it...