PDA

View Full Version : California Laws about fireworks

Robertlopez
07-04-2011, 02:51 AM
http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_18371329

i have a couple of friends that work in the San Jose Police department and what i am getting form them is that during the 4th of July they received a memo that they are dismissing calls about people using fireworks in the city usually they have a cage at the pd that holds thousands of fireworks but they expect it to be almost empty this year the only calls that police will respond to about fireworks is if they start a fire which make sense in a way.

now in watsonville CA where only CA approved products are sold it is a $5,000 ticket if they catch you with non CA approved products which is all of the fun stuff but what gets me if you go to TNT fireworks web page and you compare the safe and sane section and the CA approved products they are some products that are not listed on the CA section and when i look at the stands lots of products that they show as CA approved they are not selling form what i found out each county fire marshal can approve and disapprove any product even though it is on the CA list it really sucks time like these i wish i lived in Nevada

SITHADMIRAL
07-04-2011, 03:17 PM
sounds like watsonville sucks.

cracker
07-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Hey Lopexz check out my thread I posted the other day about Ca Laws. I posted all of the CA penal codes regarding illegal fireworks. If you read it, you will find that they cannot fine you $5000 if it is your first offense and you have less than 25lbs of illegal fireworks in your possesion. In otherwords, say they catch you with some mortars, by law, they cannot fine you anymore than $1000, and no les than $500.

So whats happening is that you have the police departments using fear tactics on its citizens. The city nor the courts can circumvent what the Calicornia penal code sections say. Just so you know. Also you are right about the county firemarshals. They wont let Monterey County have picilo peats and ground blooms.

Also if you want to see some cool fireworks, just drive over to Salinas, it's been a war zone here for the past couple nights. Hell somepbody was shooting off a cake at 6am this morning. Woke the whole block up. HAPPY 4TH!!

Here is the link to my thread:
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?467-Screwed-up-California-laws-50k-fine!-!

Robertlopez
07-04-2011, 04:17 PM
it was here to i walk out side and i see the fire department rolling down the street looking for fireworks

now at the fair grounds over here they had a whole show going on for about 30 min i could see them from where i live even though i live two blocks away which gets annoying during the car race that they have every weekend

i think tonight it should be interesting because one person gets a group of plains and they take the lift off of shells and put long fuses and throw them out of there plane which is cool he has been doing it for about 5 years now and still doing it

SITHADMIRAL
07-04-2011, 10:59 PM
we might have to hook up next year lopez, I live right down the street from you.

Robertlopez
07-05-2011, 02:03 AM
well it has came and went but it was not dull i bought about $95 of CA approved fireworks to support my cousin school :) and i was showed up by some people up the street when ever i lit something they would lunch a shell up in the air some times two i felt cheated but to sweeten up the pot they almost got caught 4 times it was not worth it but just to let people know the Watsonville FD was relentless they went down the out block at least 25 times man i wounder how much they are getting paid but this year favorite moment was when the Watsonville Police officer kept on trying to give the fire department hints on where they where firing the fun stuff but after a while they did not believe him shows him for my aunt a ticket :)

cracker
07-05-2011, 03:00 AM
well it has came and went but it was not dull i bought about $95 of CA approved fireworks to support my cousin school :) and i was showed up by some people up the street when ever i lit something they would lunch a shell up in the air some times two i felt cheated but to sweeten up the pot they almost got caught 4 times it was not worth it but just to let people know the Watsonville FD was relentless they went down the out block at least 25 times man i wounder how much they are getting paid but this year favorite moment was when the Watsonville Police officer kept on trying to give the fire department hints on where they where firing the fun stuff but after a while they did not believe him shows him for my aunt a ticket :)

Watsonville sounds pretty lame. You only had one person with a few mortars? I wish I had my video camera. At the end of my block there was like a 2 house mexican party going on allllll day long.

I mean kids everywhere with bbq pits out front music etc. When it came time to shoot they werent messing around. I have never seen so many mortars at once. They had all illegal stuff from Mexico too, M-80s, bottle rockets, cakes and crazy gigantic mortars.

They kept mixing it up with cakes then back to mortars and then a few fountains and then to bottle rockets and then back to mortars again. Non-stop. They had everything. I saw one guy drive by with his lights turned off and throw lit m-80s out of his car and speed off. It was crazy.

For a finally they lit off a couple barrage cakes. I had my own stash, but even with my mortars and rockets I could not keep up with the parties happening a few houses down. Also... get this, I did not see one police car or firetruck!! Crap the east side looked and sounded like Baghdad the last time it was invaded. Moral of the story, you should have come to Salinas instead of crappy Watsonville.

There goes another and its almost midnight.