PDA

View Full Version : Question about timing

johnb46804
07-07-2016, 01:49 PM
I will probably purchase a cobra system this winter and I have watched several videos on how to set it up and basic functions. This will be my first system and its for personal shows only. My question is how do you set the timing between que's. I'm sure its been said but my A.D.D. must kick in.

Bazerk
07-07-2016, 01:54 PM
I will probably purchase a cobra system this winter and I have watched several videos on how to set it up and basic functions. This will be my first system and its for personal shows only. My question is how do you set the timing between que's. I'm sure its been said but my A.D.D. must kick in.

If you get the 18R2 remote from cobra, you can script it with excel to shoot automatically, which I used for the first time this year. Its awesome. You can also step fire which means it will just fire when you push the button. Also nice.

johnb46804
07-07-2016, 01:58 PM
I have heard everyone talking about excel and scripting but thats where my ignorance kicks in...are we talking MS excel? And does scripting mean setup of que's? i was just watching your new video, very nice!

Bazerk
07-07-2016, 02:03 PM
I have heard everyone talking about excel and scripting but thats where my ignorance kicks in...are we talking MS excel? And does scripting mean setup of que's? i was just watching your new video, very nice!

If you have it in your budget you could buy the cobra show creator software which is very easy to use. That would allow you to "script" the show without using MS Excel. In the script you tell the remote what module and cue to fire and when you want it to. You can fire multiple modules and cues at the same time as well. When watching my video there are times where you see 3 things starting at the same time. That was me telling module 2 (which i had three of them set as channel 2) to fire cue 3. In essence it was firing three cues at once.

johnb46804
07-07-2016, 02:06 PM
so do you tell the remote the timing of the que in the script? or is it programmed in the remote after you script the show?

Bazerk
07-07-2016, 02:17 PM
so do you tell the remote the timing of the que in the script? or is it programmed in the remote after you script the show?

Here is a screen shot of my script.

johnb46804
07-07-2016, 02:46 PM
thats nice....cobra for xmas!

misfmr
07-08-2016, 04:43 PM
Check out Cobra's video on scripting in Excel...

Frank Rodriguez
misfmr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjTBVEmcdYI

displayfireworks1
07-08-2016, 10:53 PM
Cobra Fireworks Firing Systems is one of my advertisers. Consider purchasing their software package called Cobra Show Creator. I did a video about it, not sure if you saw it or not. The software is reasonable priced. Here is the video, you may need to run the video outside of the forums and make it as large as your screen to see the software details in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKxnbTEOmLY

Pyroigniter
07-09-2016, 02:15 PM
Also consider the Control panel. It really is a great add on

johnb46804
07-09-2016, 04:45 PM
i love what the cobra system is but i would be looking at 1200-1500 for the system i need and I've never had any type of firing system. I need a good 32 que minimum system that is idiot proof. And possibly with modules i could add to the cobra system later.

Pyro k
07-11-2016, 10:56 PM
i love what the cobra system is but i would be looking at 1200-1500 for the system i need and I've never had any type of firing system. I need a good 32 que minimum system that is idiot proof. And possibly with modules i could add to the cobra system later.

Buy it! You won't regret it.

johnb46804
07-12-2016, 12:45 AM
I know I know.....but now i want a DJI Phantom 4 too. I have way to many expensive hobbies

displayfireworks1
07-12-2016, 06:51 AM
If you never used any type of firing system why not purchase a few of those inexpensive import systems and use those to fire some things off. I think once you try electrical wireless firing it will change your purchasing priorities.