PDA

View Full Version : exploding blood packs

75+15+10=:)
07-02-2011, 03:52 PM
one of my friends has asked me to help out with a movie he is making and one of the desired effects he is after is exploding blood packs, the problem i am having is that my salutes are giving all their force to the end plugs and none of it is going into the blood pack, and due to the large heat going to the side of the protective pad, the clothing is catching fire, any help would be greatly appreciated.

NB:just in case anyone's worried, i have not yet attached on of these devices to a person

blown2bits
07-06-2011, 03:44 PM
I have made many movies using blood squibs before, the way to get around it it to use a condom filled with stage blood, and then use cardboard as the backing materiel behind the condom, use an ematch if you have one or do what we did and use model rocket ignitors placed into a cheap firecracker. if you want the shirt to tear a hole from a gun shot, use a very sharp knife and cut a + shape into the shirt then use tape the same color as the shirt or red if you cant find it to hold the hole shut, you will never see it when the clip is cut together.Hope this helps!

75+15+10=:)
07-07-2011, 02:56 AM
ok then, i cant get crackers in nz so ill try an ematch